Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

random calorie question

Options
  • 21-03-2008 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭

has anwone ever worked out how man calories are in a hot chicken roll...the ones you get in delis in lile centra and places....

im assuming its huge!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I'd say the best part of 1000 cals. If not more.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Right, as best I can find:

Demi baguette : ~ 350 kcals
    Normal amount of mayo (full fat, not generous serving, 2 tbsps) : 180 kcals
    Chicken pieces, breaded and fried, 6 pieces : 319 kcals
    Lettuce and tomato are negligible.

You're looking at 849 kcals, assuming you don't ask for extra mayo or chicken or have cheese or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

thanks to all...yip it was huge!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I would guess 800-1100kcal. The rolls can vary a bit and pack a lot of calories. A mc donalds quater with cheese is 500kcal. Many moan about mcdonalds not being filling enough, this is partly due to the portions not being particularly big.

The centra near my work has a salad bar, and they have lean chicken and ham in it, they only charge a standard €11 or €12 per kilo! so I fill up on meats, they cost up to €30 in supermarkets. Then bring in a wholemeal pitta if you want and fill that. I would just have no bread and stick with the salad bar, chicken, cheese & a little sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

which centra is that rubadub??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

which centra is that rubadub??
    Sandyford, don't go cleaning them out before I get there! usually run out by 1.30 or 2. The ham seems decent, proper dry stuff like you get at the deli counter.

Now I think of it it used to be €12 per kilo, but now they just have salad trays, and charge by the tray. So the more you can squeeze in the better the deal. So you can just lift a big hunk of ham slices and fold them in, there are chicken breast pieces and sometimes sliced turkey with stuffing in it. Roast beef sometimes too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

ah you're safe - i'm never out that direction but thanks anyway :)

Advertisement