Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco 30% back in points on game consoles this weekend from friday 21st to 25th

Options
  • 20-03-2008 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Just read in the paper Tesco have 30% back in points on consoles this weekend from friday 21st to 25th.

The Athlone Store have plenty of xbox 360's as of now and small amount of ps3's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Just saw teh newspaper ad for this and wanted to add that this offer also includes games.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Akula

Irk thats annoying. It was 25% last weekend.

Strange that they are doing basically the same offer two weekends in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

Anyone know the prices of the XBox bundles in Tesco?
    Do they compare to the 4 games with an XBox for 299 at Xtravision?
    M

They were doing a 360 for 279 with viva pinata and forza 2 for 279. Thats effectively 195. You just need to be careful that you get one that has HDMI.

There are also rumours of a halo 3 addon for 10 euros.

Does anybody know if we can tell from the outside of the box if it has it or not?

I'm very very tempted. If only the xbox had wifi, wiring it in is going to be a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

Akula wrote: »
    They were doing a 360 for 279 with viva pinata and forza 2 for 279. Thats effectively 195. You just need to be careful that you get one that has HDMI.

There are also rumours of a halo 3 addon for 10 euros.

Does anybody know if we can tell from the outside of the box if it has it or not?

I'm very very tempted. If only the xbox had wifi, wiring it in is going to be a pain.

I think the Halo 3 deal is simply when you buy both together and not a 'pack in' game, but it's in all Tescos (or it was last week) It's a good deal but I'm disappointed that they did this, if I had availed of the 25% deal I'd be a little annoyed. They should have waited a month or two or done another 25%.

On the other hand if you bought a ps3 last time it should be possible to buy one this weekend at the 30% and then return it next using the old receipt, but ask staff how long you have to return it in case you can't. It's a lot of work for only €20....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Times like these make me impulse buy PS3s :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Sounds like a great deal but I don't have a clubcard, feck! Does anyone know how long it takes to get a clubcard once you apply for one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Sounds like a great deal but I don't have a clubcard, feck! Does anyone know how long it takes to get a clubcard once you apply for one?

You can sign up instore and get a temporary one there and then that you can use.

Cool, I didn't know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

does that means i can buy 25% WORTH OF FOOD in tesco for free?
    how does that work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭savemejebus

The vouchers you get work like cash (except you dont' get change) so you can buy whatever you like in tescos with them - food, games, cds, books, tvs, consoles, etc.).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Placebo wrote: »
    does that means i can buy 25% WORTH OF FOOD in tesco for free?
    how does that work?

The offers not on food (as far as I know).
    Also you have to pay 100% on the console when you're buying it. You get the 30% back in vouchers in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭com7

if it s not on food whats it on ? considering food is their main business this would seem weird

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

com7 wrote: »
    if it s not on food whats it on ? considering food is their main business this would seem weird
    The vouchers you receive in May can be spent on anything you want.

The vouchers you receive in May can be spent on anything you want.

Yeah I meant that the 30% back is not 30% back when you buy food, only consoles (in the current offer). You can of course spend the vouchers on whatever you want in the shop.

Tesco Merrion has the 40gb PS3 in stock for 399 in case anybody is looking for one.

Nothing else from what I can see. They also only seem to have ps2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Probably very little left after the 25% off last week's offer. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

I was in Dundrum tescos earlier....they had wii's, PS3's and XBOX 2 games and the Halo 3 deal....there was about 5 of each console on the shelf!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Miss Tequila

do you think tesco sell Nintendo DS?

do you think tesco sell Nintendo DS?

Yes, they were included on the add I seen in the paper today anyway.

• Advertisement

Got one today in Clarehall. Didn't seem to have any problems with stock. The staff didn't have a clue though (the first Xbox he gave me was a version 1). You have to grab Halo 3 from the shelf and when they scan that with the Xbox pack it comes up as €289.90.

They are the older model. No HDMI port but for €203 once I get the vouchers I'm not complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

isnt there heat problems with old ones?

It's got a similar manufacturing date as my other one which hasn't given me one minute of problem (except for the fact that it's banned from Live because I modded it). If it goes faulty, grand. MS will repair or replace it with one of a newer model.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Just purchased a PS3 in Tesco Arthurs Quay Limerick........couldn't say no to this offer!! A PS3 for €280! How bad. Now to decide whether to get a game this weekend or wait until GT5 Prologue/GTA4!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Lots of Wii and Xbox's in Artaine but no PS3's

Lots of Xbox's and PS3's in Clare hall(bundled pack).

Any one any problems wireless networking the PS3 and a ZyXel 660?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Fizman wrote: »
    Just purchased a PS3 in Tesco Arthurs Quay Limerick........couldn't say no to this offer!! A PS3 for €280! How bad. Now to decide whether to get a game this weekend or wait until GT5 Prologue/GTA4!

You could always pre-book.

Prologue for PS3 £17.93 Free Delivery at the Hut.

Release Date: 28 March 2008

http://www.thehut.com/hut/9958260.product

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

The vouchers you get work like cash (except you dont' get change) so you can buy whatever you like in tescos with them - food, games, cds, books, tvs, consoles, etc.).

You do in Tesco, Ballybrack, apparently. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Tesco in the Crescent in Limerick had no R6V2 so had to buy in Zavvi. Missed out on my 30% back. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭jesterhead

I got a 360 last week in Galway with the Halo deal too. 289.98. But yesterday when I looked at my receipt I realised they hadn't scanned my clubcard, which I did give to them! Will they sort this out for me?

• Advertisement

Go back to them with your receipt and clubcard and they'll scan it. They did that to me too. Then keep both receipts (you'll get a new one with your points) and keep an eye on your statement in May.

Advertisement