Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this diet ok to lose weight?

Options
  • 16-03-2008 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Just hoping some of you more knowledgeable people out there could advise me re the healthiness of this diet. I’m trying to make out a new healthy diet plan to fit in with my exercise regime and I’m trying to cut out processed carbs as much as possible as they’re my major vice. Here’s my planned daily diet:

8 a.m breakfast: fresh fruit & veg. juice (apple, celery, spinach, cucumber and lime juice blended with half avocado) and egg white omelette ( 3 egg whites, tbsp cottage cheese, tomotoes, spinach.)

10 a.m. snack: small handful of raw unsalted nuts (cashews, walnuts)

12 noon/ 1p.m. lunch: chicken salad/ smoked salmon salad

4p.m. dinner: grilled fish and steamed veg/ stir fry

6p.m. : protein shake

7 p.m. gym: weights & spinning/ weights & cardio

Any feedback/ advice would be welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Looks great to me (but then what do I know? :D) although you would definitely want to eat something after the gym, even just a protein shake - it helps you to recover. Maybe swap the 6pm shake for after the gym??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I second that. Generally a good diet, but keep the protein shake for after the gym, when your muscles really need an easily available form of protein.

I'd also be inclined to not juice all that stuff at breakfast, keep it in its natural form and eat some of it for breakfast, and some during the day.

Maybe keep the apple for before the gym, and the celery for munching if you get peckish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

What is your weight and body fat % (I asume you are female going on you user id)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Lola87

What is your weight and body fat % (I asume you are female going on you user id)

yeah female.

weight: 140 lbs
    bf: 24.5%

Why?

Advertisement