Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whelan's on Fire?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Well at least that'll stop the turf-eaters whinging.

muppet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Wish it had been Whelans. Ive drank there on one and last occasion. There was a smashed pint glass left on our table for the entire 2 hours we were there (it was there when we arrived, but it was the only free table). Kip.

Quite like the Village though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

shane86 wrote: »
    Wish it had been Whelans. Ive drank there on one and last occasion. There was a smashed pint glass left on our table for the entire 2 hours we were there (it was there when we arrived, but it was the only free table). Kip.

Quite like the Village though :(

God forbid you might ask bar or floor staff to clear it up for you. No, that wouldn't do at all. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭squirrel6767

Along the same lines do any of the regular Whealens goer's think that standards have dropped since the redesign i.e. since converting the old smoking yard into the pub extension.

It might has well been on fire on Sunday night (following night) with the heat inside in the main pup. You have a load of folk crammed in there, prior to the back being opened, and the heat is unbearable - from what I saw most folk were sweltering. There does not seem to be any cool air coming out of the air-conditioning units.

Whelans has been my favourite pub in Dublin but traditionally it was a very comfortable setting and now its just another superpub. I dont mind progress/development and getting a few extra punters in the door but you have to draw the line when you are close to passing out.

Anyone else agree? If all it takes is to pump up the airconditioning then a bit of feedback on this forum may help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

defo agree with ya there squirrel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

flanum wrote: »
    im sorry could somebody tell me which county whelans is?

It's the one called "Waylans" in P.S. I Love Sh*t Movies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Miocko

Along the same lines do any of the regular Whealens goer's think that standards have dropped since the redesign i.e. since converting the old smoking yard into the pub extension.

It might has well been on fire on Sunday night (following night) with the heat inside in the main pup. You have a load of folk crammed in there, prior to the back being opened, and the heat is unbearable - from what I saw most folk were sweltering. There does not seem to be any cool air coming out of the air-conditioning units.

Whelans has been my favourite pub in Dublin but traditionally it was a very comfortable setting and now its just another superpub. I dont mind progress/development and getting a few extra punters in the door but you have to draw the line when you are close to passing out.

Anyone else agree? If all it takes is to pump up the airconditioning then a bit of feedback on this forum may help.

100% - did they get rid of the yard...the only bit of whelans i liked was the yard. I have gradually getting fonder and fonder of carnvale across the road. bit of room..and same music at a level you can talk at

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Whelan's was always sweltering. You couldn't stand down near the fire cos it was so warm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

It's all over twitter that Whelan's is on fire again. Any confirmation?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

It's all over twitter that Whelan's is on fire again. Any confirmation?

Was just a chimney fire so I'm lead to believe! Nothing major!

• Advertisement
Advertisement