Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate Continuum discussion/pics [Tag ALL Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

With the original cast and foe back it may have some potential, although O'Neill and co are starting to look a bit geriatric for this kind of thing. Reminds me of the original Star Trek films.

Vala being there is also a definite negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,776 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

teal'c shouldve gone for the headshave tbh. that hair does him no justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Overheal wrote: »
    teal'c shouldve gone for the headshave tbh. that hair does him no justice.

it looked worse when he was in the episode of atlantis a few weeks back

Have'nt gotten around to watching The Ark of Truth yet, as I'm rewatching seasons 7-10 before I do so. With the rather lackstruck return of Babylon 5 last year and the negative feedback concerning Ark, Continuum really seems to be the make or break point for the continuation of Sci Fi television on DVD.

its more like direct to disc, or D2D. theres less and less TV involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

In fairness, with MGM behind the whole hing, I don't see it ending any time soon.

They'll definatly see returns on these movies, and since they said it's their biggest cash crop after James Bond, I bet they'll invest heavily in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

With the original cast and foe back it may have some potential, although O'Neill and co are starting to look a bit geriatric for this kind of thing. Reminds me of the original Star Trek films.

Vala being there is also a definite negative.

At most I could see a couple of other DVDs. Had it been around season 7 I would have expected a good run of DVDs.

RDA is heading for 60 and all of the others are in their forties. Even in the recent SGA episodes, RDA, despite looking good, has begun to look a lot older.
    Neither Ben Browder nor Vala have brought anything much to SG-1 IMO and irritated me more often than not.
    I would hope that they don't do as the SG-1/Sci-Fi channel did and just flog it to death because there is money to be made.

I also think that Continuum is on more solid ground and may find more favour on that basis. Personally loathed that whole Arthurian/Ori nonsense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, the egyptian/gu'auld nonsense is the stuff for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Mordeth wrote: »
    yeah, the egyptian/gu'auld nonsense is the stuff for us!

Personality goes a long way. :D Always some (silly) fun to be had.
    The whole Ori storyline was short on story and personality.

Im hoping the plan for SGU (which is to steer away from all the preset characters and settings) will put a better spin on the Stargate franchise for us to look forward to in 2010.

• Advertisement

I'm not really looking forward to continuum, I think it will benothing short of fandom.

A re-hash of an already over-used plot, with no substance, relying on guest appearances to pull the numbers.
    Where as AOT actually has a decent plot and loose ends to tie up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I just read that SGC will have the largest goauld fleet ever asembled and it will be out in bluway so HD SG1 - thats good enough for me and as i said i have been expecting this to be better than AOT

Regardless of the awesome Continuum trailer, the ****yness of AOT alone has forced me to retract my previous post.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Any ideas when this will be on Sky One?

Dont know its out on DVD in two months so im going to pick up a HD copy of it anyway. Its a straight o DVD release so no word on a air date yet. The DVD wont be that much so you could just order it from amazon or cdwow or wherever.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I'm expecting this to be quite a bit better than AOT. Hopefully it won't disappoint. :D

Im so happy and have such such such such high hopes for this movie,

Guess who is in it?
    http://www.gateworld.net/movies/images/03_45.jpg.shtml
    SPOILER PIC

**** ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

User45701 wrote: »

Guess who is in it?
    SPOILER PIC

**** ye!

Oh Snap. I'll admit I'm looking forward to this film, but still my expectations aren't too high, I'm holding out hope that its awesome and it'll warrant a continuation of the film series.

User45701 wrote: »

Guess who is in it?
    SPOILER PIC

**** ye!
    WHY THE **** WONT HE JUST STAY DEAD!!!

*runs away shouting and screaming. Knocks over a sheep and trips an old lady*

Overheal wrote: »
    WHY THE **** WONT HE JUST STAY DEAD!!!

*runs away shouting and screaming. Knocks over a sheep and trips an old lady*

Season 5, Episode 1:
    Tel'c: He is a god, gods cannot be killed

• Advertisement

dont gimme that crap >_>

The Official Trailer for Stargate: Continuum

I like jets :D

dont want to see anymore will wait nownthe teaser gave away too much wouldnt watch a trailer but thanks anyway.

A few questions.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stargate-Continuum-Martin-Wood/dp/B001AQNP96/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1213361758&sr=8-20

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stargate-Continuum-Blu-ray-Martin-Wood/dp/B001AQNP9G/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1213361793&sr=8-23

? 18th of augest? **** YOU im downloading this You got the release date all wrong, il still pick it up like i did with AOT but its a defo download im not ****ing waiting a extra month. bollox to that

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stargate-Continuum-Ben-Browder/dp/B0017MO10U/ref=sr_1_32?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1213361793&sr=8-32 well i want that one, the gate in the ice is the better gate art.

I would order the americana bluway one next month but bluray is not region free and HD DVD was again **** YOU

i dont really know who those two **** yous are directed at but still

Trailer looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Just watched it,very very good much better then AOT,big spoilers in my tags so don't look if you don't want to know.
    I thought the time travel would have made this movie terrible but they pulled it off really well,especially with killing nearly every single character off only person they didn't kill was Cameron,great to see RDH and Don S Davis(RIP) back in it too and they've made sure to leave an opening for a goa'uld return with another possible clone of Bal,only part that I think let it down was at the end it felt rushed,with teal'c as bals first prime and then in less then 5 mins sides with sg1,could've made that a little longer but overall it was fantastic,especially the scene were dozens of motherships enter earths orbit and open fire,and the submarine at the start was a nice touch breaking through the ice.
    All the info I put is all over the place so much happened its hard to remember it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Much bigger deal. Much higher production values, great effects and, hey, swearing :) Actually felt almost like a proper movie. AOT I reckon was a kind of: Man, WTF were we thinking? Let's finish this story and get back to the ones people want.
    Good to see RDA back. And Don Davis. He'll be missed. Like someone said before, thought the whole alternative timeline thing would suck (I normally hate them 'cos ya know it's just gonna reset by the end of the episode) but ya really forget about it and enjoy the show. The bombings were cool, Baal's always a good watch. Good to see so many characters back.

To those who were gonna give it a miss because of AOT: Don't. It's pretty damn good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Wont spoil it for anyone, but if you're ever going to buy a Stargate dvd this will be the one to buy. This film surpassed my expectations and really blows AOT out of the water. Having already seen it I'll still be buying the dvd because it really is worth it, cant wait to watch whatever special features they'll include on the dvd.

I can say I'd be ecstatic if they continue making films of this quality, this was possibly the best SG1 outing in 3 years, good stuff more please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭*melanie*

i watched this last night,and not to disappoint...but it was really not that good.i was so excited about watchin it and was quite let down.ark of truth was better,and even just normal episodes were better.i think it was just thrown together.not happy!!!:(

*melanie* wrote: »
    ark of truth was better
    That's where you lost me, the ark of truth was a pile of rubbish. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Blimmeh, I thought Arc Of Truth was a lot better than this!
    Found Continuum a tad boring tbh.

Advertisement