Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wales Vs France

Options
  • 14-03-2008 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

What are your opinions on this match? France are 7/5 to win the match. I reckon thats great odds altough I dont really follow the rugby myself(just six nations and world cup) so just looking some opinions from ppl in the know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

m.j.w wrote: »
    What are your opinions on this match? France are 7/5 to win the match. I reckon thats great odds altough I dont really follow the rugby myself(just six nations and world cup) so just looking some opinions from ppl in the know

A safe bet is on Wales, France have a mountain to climb to win the 6N having to score 20 points to take the prize and its away match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

There 7/5 to win the match tho, not the six nations. Would wales not be happy enough if they ended up losing by 10 points. Will france not be going all out to try and get the points

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Thought France had to win by 11 to win the 6 nations?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Nope, Wales' points difference is 38 better than France, so France need to win by 20. Though if they win by 19 scoring more tries that would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Nope, Wales' points difference is 38 better than France, so France need to win by 20. Though if they win by 19 scoring more tries that would do.

Nice one, I was wondering why the bookies were offering 8-1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

I just fancy Wales for this one. Especially now that Ellisalde has come out with some comments that'll only motivate them more.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/welsh/7296840.stm

I find it strange he'd say things like that. There may be some truth it but that rarely works in a team's favour...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

You gotta love French arrogance: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/welsh/7296840.stm

This'll have the Welsh foaming at the mouth.
    "This isn't the All Blacks or the Australians we are talking about here. We mustn't go there feeling we are going to be the victims, rather the favourites.
    "The Welsh are still the Welsh. We haven't lost over there for ages. And in the preparation match for the World Cup, they conceded 30-odd points to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

m.j.w wrote: »
    There 7/5 to win the match tho, not the six nations. Would wales not be happy enough if they ended up losing by 10 points. Will france not be going all out to try and get the points
    I'm sure they'll BOTH be going all out to do what they have to do - Wales to win at all costs to take the Grand Slam, France to get as many points on the scoreboard as possible. Should be a cracking match

I think France are a cert to win this match,Wales results in the competition flatter them imo. No one has played well in the six nations and I reckon France will just be to good for wales today. Well I hope so anyway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I think Wales will win. The French pack is as bad as it's been in years. Plus did you see them play England?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Charlotte Church in or out? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Hope France skin them. As the pundits on RTE said: Grand Slams are for great teams - this aint no great team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Come on Wales, be delighted if they win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

With little flicks like that coming off for Wales, it might just be their day.

Hhahahaha that ball just went backwards from a kickoff thats a first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Jackz wrote: »
    Charlotte Church in or out? :p

You mean in or out of Charlotte!

I say in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

I cannot believe the second rate drivel France are producing, why oh why can't they play this kind of braindead nonsense when we play against them?

toomevara wrote: »
    I cannot believe the second rate drivel France are producing, why oh why can't they play this kind of braindead nonsense when we play against them?

I dunno we gifted them most of their tries. This France side isnt great they'd get murdered by any SH team + Puma's

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Wow. The Welsh wizards. Triple crown, Grand slam, Champions.

Well deserved, brillant break at the end around 76 minute. If only Ireland could play like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

The joy on the faces of all the Welsh players and crowd. It means so much to them. Great passion, singing and support!! Delighted for them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Congratulations Wales. Deserved winners of the 6 nations and by far the best team to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭sioda

What a display by france appalling bad but not taking away from Wales a commanding performance great breaking rugby if only North Hemisphre rugby could have the dynamism the wales side have shown.

Whi would have thought after the very first half they played in the championship they would be heading off with the Triple Crown and the Grand Slam Well done the Jones's

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Delighted for Wales.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭sioda

This really shows what a great manager can do for a side and the welsh deserve it all but I believe with a good manager at the helm Ireland have the players to do well

I think I got that one slightly wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Fair play to Wales and the WRU for having the balls to have a post WC clean out and take a gamble with a forward looking and innovative management team...if only the mongs who run the IRFU had shown the same courage...who knows where we'd be...

France were utterly appalling, but Wales played what was in front of 'em...deserved champions of what has been a ropy old 6N...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 springtex

davyjose wrote: »
    Hope France skin them. As the pundits on RTE said: Grand Slams are for great teams - this aint no great team.

This is now the first half of the 21st century. Ireland won their only Grand Slam in the first half of the 20th century or to make it easier to work out 60 years ago. Wales have now won 10 or maybe 11, twice in the last four years. What message does that convey about Irish rugby apart that your pundits on RTE are losy losers? All the rest of you guys who are generous in your applause and appreciation - thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

well done Wales, hope Eddie was watching

• Registered Users Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

toomevara wrote: »

because Wales gained parity with France up front. Something Ireland were not able to do until France thought they had the game won and started making changes.

I read an interesting article about a strength and conditioning guy Shaun Edwards brought in. The player said it was the most enduring training they ever underwent. You could clearly see the positive results of it during this Six Nations. It will be interesting to see how Wales fare against the likes of New Zealand and South Africa. Can they take it to the next level?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭ironingbored

At the beginning of this match I was hoping for a France win. I now realize that this was out of frustration and envy at the position Wales had found themselves for the second time in 4 years. Once it was clear which team both wanted and deserved it more I was shouting for Wales. Brilliant dispay full of commitment, courage and pride. How I wish Ireland could demostrate the same qualities. So worthy winners Cymru!

Having said that how come France always seem to spoil our party? They were dreadful today although I think wales made them look so. Martyn Williams immense. Player of the tournament.

Advertisement