Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goth/Mosher/Emo....etc style

Options
  • 13-03-2008 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

hey!

This is a rant now!

:mad: A few days ago, I was walking with 2 of the girls through Douglas, and this girl starts shouting at me ''Hey Mosher''. Left it off and kept walking! Until I heard people running up....this Vicki Pollard lookalike pipes up ''Look at da state of ya mosher'' I swear the maturity level was outstanding...the grammer ...amazing! Anywho, she starts trying to pick a fight anyway, when one of the girls just kicked her right in the ''tallulabell''
    I stood there laughing my ass off glad of the interuption of more of our group passing up :D

But the thing is, I wouldnt class myself as looking like a goth or mosher, even if I did, why the hell do people have such a problem?
    Its pathetic...

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

People are ignorant. Ignore them and move on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

hey!

This is a rant now!

:mad: A few days ago, I was walking with 2 of the girls through Douglas, and this girl starts shouting at me ''Hey Mosher''. Left it off and kept walking! Until I heard people running up....this Vicki Pollard lookalike pipes up ''Look at da state of ya mosher'' I swear the maturity level was outstanding...the grammer ...amazing! Anywho, she starts trying to pick a fight anyway, when one of the girls just kicked her right in the ''tallulabell''
    I stood there laughing my ass off glad of the interuption of more of our group passing up :D

But the thing is, I wouldnt class myself as looking like a goth or mosher, even if I did, why the hell do people have such a problem?
    Its pathetic...
    i got labelled all that $hit in school (except emo,that trend only started when i was leaving afaik)
    meh its stupid,but thats idiots for ya.
    <imagines 100 emos pointing and shouting "scoooombaaag!!!!">

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Bunnywabbit*

It just really gets under my skin,

In the last week a ''goth girl'' as she was referred as, was beaten to death in Englad for the way she looked in a local park :( Its awful...

another one?! i thought that story was months ago

Another one! And she was a gorgeous looking girl altogether :(
    I just wonder how these people were brought up, or should I say dragged up....
    What is the difference in what I wear or even my make up like, it's totally silly....

Yeah, I'm really cranky over it :mad::mad:

• Advertisement

i understand how ya feel (although im used to it,well not the killing)
    i suppose then again its a bad attitude to have not to be pi$$ed off that people no matter what they look like can't live in peace.
    <goes off to find original article from bebo blog>

People slag what they don't understand. Sad fact of this world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

Its the same as people saying someone is a scumbag/skanger just because of the way they dress. Not aimed at you, but usually gothy/moshery/emos say they hate being stereotyped because of the way they dress but say they hate 'tracksuit wearing scumbags'. same thing really.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/08/24/npark124.xml

It could be worse..^^

^Actually, alot dont hate been stereotyped, and when they do they ignore it.

I think anything been stereotyped is rediculous. Who cares what other people wear and look like. Does it affect you, no it doesnt. But some assholes take it too far.

Its the same as people saying someone is a scumbag/skanger just because of the way they dress. Not aimed at you, but usually gothy/moshery/emos say they hate being stereotyped because of the way they dress but say they hate 'tracksuit wearing scumbags'. same thing really.
    that is true, i've had a few tracksuit/jeans and sports hoody friends who have been a delight to know.
    labels suck, i'd be very quick to point out my friends weren't scummers.
    we need a new quick terms. ive long hair and a beard, and listen to all types of music,especially classical, so rocker or metalhead dont work, as neither does scumbag when addressing tracksuit/jeans and sports hoody folk.
    hmmm.
    back on to topic, when a non desirable element in a public place screams goth/mosher/etc people should jus say yes? or who me?...actually don't,this will hurt their brain and put them in stab mode (which hurts).
    why do these odd peoples need to scream/shout a label at someone anyway? bit thick isnt it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

whatever about not liking other groups, or stereotyping people- thats inevitable unfortunatly, its the groups that go up and out of their way harrassing and assaulting others that are the problem, one thing i reallly hate about this country ( i know its in plenty of others but u kno what i mean)

i have no problem with someone who dresses and lives a completely differant lifestyle to me (id b considered a "rocker" or something along those lines, trying to avoid stereotypin here!), but i let them live their lives so they should show me the same respect!

as the rest of yee have sed, i kno plenty of traksuit wearing folk amongst others who are dead sound and good craic like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

whatever about not liking other groups, or stereotyping people- thats inevitable unfortunatly, its the groups that go up and out of their way harrassing and assaulting others that are the problem

+1 , we all stereotype , just some people go out of there way to make its clear they dont like you.

however OP , this people will find fault with anybody not just because you look like a group you dont like. Just try and ignore them there not worth worrying over, or being angry with, there just very sad people living a very sad life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I've been getting stick for it for the past 10 years or so. I've been spat on, people have refused to sit near me on public transport etc but you get used to it. Just be thankful you're not a skanger!

Nightwish wrote: »
    I've been getting stick for it for the past 10 years or so. I've been spat on, people have refused to sit near me on public transport etc but you get used to it. Just be thankful you're not a skanger!

Having seen a pic of you on know your nerds I find that hard to believe :)

Its always been a case of people who like black and dark things having to make a choice between doing what they want and peace and quiet. I dont think there's a right choice there- to each their own- but having been there myself there's an awful lot of eedjits out there who think its funny to pick on what they dont understand.

Seriously, just ignore them. Be thankful you live in a country which allows you to look and act as you like, and enjoy your life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

All you can do is ignore it.

I can't remember how many times people yelled "foooking hippy" at me when I was a teenager.

SDooM wrote: »
    Having seen a pic of you on know your nerds I find that hard to believe :)

lol thanks! ;)

I'm afraid I got lots of sh!t for the way I dress but most of it happened when I lived in Dublin for 5 years. I find outside the Pale, people seemed not to care. I'd thought it wouldve been the other way around.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

I find outside the Pale, people seemed not to care. I'd thought it wouldve been the other way around.

not true unfortunatly! theres scumbags everywhere im afraid and they are the same wherever you go!

(yeah i kno that was stereotyping!:p)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

R_H_C_P wrote: »

That's ****ing horrible. Any word on if they'll hang the ****heads that did it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 uh oh

Fair enough but how many emos/goths etc, have you heard of ganging up on an innocent 'skanger' girl and "tearing lumps of flesh" from her head??

That article has really disturbed me. God help the poor things :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

It's a pain in the arse, but you get used to the shouting and stuff like that and it stops bothering you. I live in Tallaght, it's pretty much a part of my daily routine at this point, I'm so used to it that it's just background noise. It's just something that happens when you happen to look a certain way and idiots see you. It has it's plus points though, keep an eye out for people throwing small change at you out of moving cars, it comes in useful for bus fare, and then when you're on the bus you can put your feet up because no one will sit beside you. See, it's not all bad :D

There have been a few times where I've been seriously worried about my safety and thought I was going to get the hell kicked out of me by bunches of skangers surrounding me, but it's always just mouthing off, they never do anything. For the most part they are all mouth so just ignore them. Count us all lucky that we only have to deal with a bit of shouting, unlike that poor girl in England. rip

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

people have refused to sit near me on public transport
    LOL

I hope you laughed at those dumbfukks.

of course. more room for me!

It usually happened on the 123, a bus used mainly by the old biddies of the inner city. They generally dislike people in black clothes wearing rosary beads which is strange considering their reputed pious nature.

I just dont get how it makes them feel better like,

was at a gig last night and the same sh*t was happening, no to me this time :)

Pathetic people....

if you're at a metal gig though it shouldnt happen. Everyone there looks the same as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

What kind of gig was it?

I've seen these people at gigs that aren't goth/mosher/emo and they haven't had trouble. It's pathetic that some people can't go out without giving $hit to others.

What kind of gig was it?

I've seen these people at gigs that aren't goth/mosher/emo and they haven't had trouble. It's pathetic that some people can't go out without giving $hit to others.
    hmmm thats true about the other sterotyped people being at gigs and not getting hassle, reminds me of the offspring gig. hmmmm good gig.
    @bunnywabbit, i guess theyre (idiots) everywhere :(

if you're at a metal gig though it shouldnt happen. Everyone there looks the same as you.

Dublin has been increasingly appearance- centric.

Not really. There's so many sub sections to the "metal community" these days that people will find an excuse to insult those they don't like the look of. Its kind of sad.

Didn't realise you are a naughty nun, btw :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 maryoshea

Ah yeah i remember the old goth days. I am 25 now i was a goth from 16 up to 22. I used to get the same rubbish mortisha, addams family witch etc... I had it rough in secondary school. I then dropped out of school at 17yrs and went working for awhile.

I returned to a youth centre when i was 19yrs as a goth with the biggest scumbags you could imagine this place was made for people who got kicked out of school! However they were no trouble at all i used to talk to them and not look down on them.

Now i run my own business and i still kept the gothy look except with a tanned face rather than pale. :)

As for the girls who were in secondary school they are all overweight with children now probably cleaning toilets for a living :rolleyes:

SDooM wrote: »
    Dublin has been increasingly appearance- centric.

Not really. There's so many sub sections to the "metal community" these days that people will find an excuse to insult those they don't like the look of. Its kind of sad.

Didn't realise you are a naughty nun, btw :D

who says i'm naughty :D

Why cant the metal community be one happy family here? Is it since the rise of emo that this has occured? I must say I never encountered any animosity at metal gigs or the like in Dublin, it was just from oul ones out on the street and busses etc and guys my own age both in college and out in bars/clubs.

• Advertisement

who says i'm naughty :D

Why cant the metal community be one happy family here? Is it since the rise of emo that this has occured? I must say I never encountered any animosity at metal gigs or the like in Dublin, it was just from oul ones out on the street and busses etc and guys my own age both in college and out in bars/clubs.

Any community, with an amount of money to spend and a certain number of people, will split into sub communities, and sub sub communities.

I have to admit, seeing 10 year olds at Metallica gigs gets to me a little, and I know it shouldn't. When I was 12-15, walking down a street in a Metallica t shirt could get you in a fight.

Advertisement