Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change A Letter Game (No Repeating Words Allowed)

Options
1113114115116117119»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

cart

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

cart has been done before ... 16 times
    craft was done before ... just the once

Are we allowed repeat words or not ? Confusion ... I has it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

chart

• Registered Users Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭Invincible

chair

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

chain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Lads this is getting stupid now:

How are we going from craft to cart and chart to chair? There's letter swapping, removing, shuffling and multiplying going on, none of which were included atthe start. How are we supposed to remember what has been said before? There are over 3000 posts in this thread. I say we scrap this and start a new one, with the rules laid out clearly on the first page.

Rant over :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭SuzieWong

I think we're going round in circles. I'm with ya rgiller :)

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Spike440

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

rgiller wrote: »

How are we going from craft to cart and chart to chair? There's letter swapping, removing, shuffling and multiplying going on, none of which were included atthe start. How are we supposed to remember what has been said before? There are over 3000 posts in this thread. I say we scrap this and start a new one, with the rules laid out clearly on the first page.

You can use the "Search This Thread" function on the top right (below the welcome message) to search for repeated words but at most I just browse back through the previous page to see what's been posted. It's obvious though that a lot of people don't even do that :).

Maybe one of the mods could edit the first post on this thread or if things are too messy perhaps you're right and we should just start a new thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭MB74

Bring on the revolution!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

rgiller wrote: »

+1 ... I've been using the search function, it is a lonely furrow :(

I like this game a lot, but the confusion over how to play is taking the fun out of it.

On the new/revised version should we disallow things like names and foreign (non-English) words? I know we've gotten out of a few tight spots by including words like that in the past :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Cool, looks like we want a new thread. It has been done!

Just in case anyone coming to this thread is unclear, please post new contributions to the Change a Letter Game in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

No point in keeping two threads open.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement