Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling all LipoTrim Users

Options
  • 08-03-2008 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

As somebody who would be classified as severly overweight I started to use Lipotrim. I am on day 4 and looking to set up a thread for all people who are like me and using it too. Just something to refer to if anybody is finding it hard or needs people to talk to!!

Let me know if there are people out there!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Unfortunately most lipotrim users are really lipotrim abusers. The lipotrim "diet" is a severe crash diet

From the charter
    Bear in mind we are not professional nutritionists and we are not doctors, so don't look for medical advice.

There will be zero-tolerance of any pro-ana type topics or crash dieting. If you want to discuss your cabbage and rubber band diet that's alright but don't expect much support (or success for that matter). This forum is to promote healthy and varied eating - not to advise you in how to drop a stone in a week.

The only reason to go on lipotrim would be that the immediate negative effects of your current weight outweigh the negative side effects of such a extreme diet. So that is someone maybe trying to prevent diabetes, or whos severe obesity is a risk to their life, not a woman trying to get in a size 10 dress. I am not saying that is you, but if it is a medical condition then "rule 3" would sort of hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

On Lipotrim myself and have found it very easy. I'm coming close now to my correct BMI.

One thing to note is that in the documentation you get with Lipotrim, the manufacturers state that after a year 95% of users will have put back on the same weight or more that they lost. I'm not surprised seeing as it appeals to women in particular who want to lose weight for a wedding or holiday or the like. As for me, I'm taking the opportunity to change my lifestyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DubLipo

I read your comments on other threads about Lipotrim. If i have a negative attitude about something I tend to not talk about it because it probably infuriates me but you on the other hand seem to have A LOT if not too much to say about it. Clearly I would not start up a thread to talk about Lipotrim and how people are getting on with it if I was just some "woman trying to get in a size 10 dress". and if you read my initial comment it was for people on Lipotrim to see how they were getting on and if they needed support-and from reading your others comments I'd think this is NOT in fact you so maybe you should keep your opinions to yourself and allow people who have made these drastic life changes to get on with it without your negative views popping up every 5 seconds.

Also it seems quite impossible that you know MOST lipotrim users considerings there are thousands worldwide. God you really must have a wonderful lifestyle if you've been all around the world meeting these so called abusers!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

rubadub wrote: »
    The only reason to go on lipotrim would be that the immediate negative effects of your current weight outweigh the negative side effects of such a extreme diet. So that is someone maybe trying to prevent diabetes, or whos severe obesity is a risk to their life, not a woman trying to get in a size 10 dress. I am not saying that is you, but if it is a medical condition then "rule 3" would sort of hold.

OP are you honestly in the category highlighted in bold

If so fair play for doing something about your well being

If not then you shouldn't really be on the stuff.

That's sound advice, you can call it negative if you want but rubadub is telling it how it is.

• Advertisement

Yes I am, and my main point is that Rubadub has impinged his negative opinion on a thread that is meant for people like me who are on this diet for the right reasons and who are really trying to change their lifestyles. Being that I am nearly a week in and know how hard some of the days have been the last thing I to see is Rubadubs comments and I hope that is same for other people who want to use this thread. It's meant as a means of support for all users not just for people who arent using lipotrim to express opinions that can have negatives affects of those who are. I dont agree with people who arent severly overweight using this diet but I'm going to give anybody who wants to use this thread the benefit of the doubt that they are using lipotrim correctly and I wish that other people could do the same.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Firstly, if you have a problem with a post then report it -> report.gif

Secondly, please read each forum's charter before posting: this forum was created to promote healthy and varied eating - not to advise you in how to drop a stone in a week.

OP, good luck with the weight loss. If you want to start a thread on healthy eating work away.

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement