Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filling Food low carbs baby

Options
  • 07-03-2008 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭

Right basicaly i never have problem sticking to a diet when im not on a diet! now that i am i want some sort of low cal low carb snack type thing to chew on?? help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

By "on a diet" you mean you're temporarily restricting your calories in order to lose weight? I'm not too fond of this term.

For me I'm never on or off a diet, my diet is just the way I eat. It's my lifestyle, my body and my health. It's not perfect, we all indulge from time to time, but I try to stick to a few guiding principals (mostly carbohydrate restriction as = better wellbeing for me)

If you want something that's low carb to snack on, then nuts (preferably not peanuts). They're filling and very good for you. If you want low calorie, then water. If you want to lose weight just eat less, especially junk, sweet stuff and nutritionally valueless quasi sweet stuff (bread, rice, potatoes etc.). That way you'll still get adequate protein, fibre and a host of micronutrients from the meat and vegetables you're still consuming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

ya basically need to loose about 7kg quicksharp

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Vegetables. Munch on carrot batons.

No-one is going to give you advice on crash dieting here. We only support sensible weight loss, preferably where the person involved is prepared to change their eating patterns permanently.

The fastest you should aim to lose weight is about 1kg a week. Any more and you'll just pile it on again straight away, and you'll be at risk for gross loose skin.

to the fitness forum methinks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yes, you won't manage to lose 1kg a week unless you put in some serious exercise too.

• Advertisement

ah come on be serious............. i meant go to the fitness forum coz they'll have no qualms about a crash diet!!:cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

They're every bit as sensible and responsible in fitness as we are here.

Please read the forum charter and pay particular attention to point no.4

Look i know where you are all comming from i agree with your general ideals and way of life stuff etc.... however i do need to loose about 6-7 ks in 2 or so weeks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement