Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Design Companys

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The Mighty Ken

IRL9000SX wrote: »
    Sorry if you do not agree, but have a look at your history in other forums and you will see what I mean.

Example? I've noticed a small amount of referrals from here and CI. That's about it really. Most of my traffic comes from Google (you'll probably be delighted to hear :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,411 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

DJB, Ken, I respect you guys but seriously, do you need to waste your time replying to rubbish like this?

I think you need a form reply like /. have for anti-spam ideas: http://craphound.com/spamsolutions.txt

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

Trojan wrote: »
    DJB, Ken, I respect you guys but seriously, do you need to waste your time replying to rubbish like this?

I think you need a form reply like /. have for anti-spam ideas: http://craphound.com/spamsolutions.txt
    Myself and Ken know exactly who this guy is now and we want to see if he'll publicly tell himself. You can't be 100% annoymous on the web! :D

But I take your point but now it's funny! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

There is about five or six of you - its a click and have seen all you guys on other forums including the IWF where you slate other web design companies.:mad:

Care to back that up with an example ?

Normally I critique websites on there can't think of slating webdesign companies except in one case where what the company are offering is pure crap.
    Notice you do not have any high quality design companes in your click :confused:

Erm I think david has mentioned a few there who's work is very impressive. As the majority of us as well are freelancers and not design "companies" I'm not surprised to see us not mentioning some of the bigger design companies. Though I'm sure I would if I saw one that I liked that was reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'd like to throw my name into the mix. I once created a whole 5 page website in Netscape Navigator Composer.

I'm not free but I'm cheap, veeery cheap :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

15 years experience in irish web dev

hmmm

tricky D wrote: »

hmmm

Personally I've only been designing sites since 96 :D

so that'd only make it 12 years for me

• Registered Users Posts: 16,411 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

And been developing in Java since 1994.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

I had a speak and spell back in 84 :)

I feel a bit inexperienced, I've only got 7 professional years under my belt!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

hmmm

Ah it could be true. I've been making websites since 1994 so that'd be 14 years...

Funny posts though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Ah it could be true. I've been making websites since 1994 so that'd be 14 years...

Funny posts though. :)

Not bad considering you graduated in 2000:rolleyes:

When I said 96 I also didn't mean professionally :D

But as the thread has generally become a bit of a laugh I thought ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Since when can you only make websites after you graduate from college...? I don't understand your point.

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Since when can you only make websites after you graduate from college...? I don't understand your point.
    You just can't, ok!!!! :D

I wonder is our friend, IRL9000SX, coming back to join in the discussion!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭thedesigntribe

Just for the record, my URL was mentioned on the first page of the thread (I didn't ask for this and I don't know the guy who posted that well)... and no, I've never spammed a forum for work. I don't need to. So your assertion is just wrong.

My site was also mentioned in the second post on this thread. I have never met or interacted with the poster in question.... so again... the assertions that are being made later in the thread - are incorrect. Believe it or not, designers even while in competition with each other, can still remain objective about each others work!

My site was also mentioned in the second post on this thread. I have never met or interacted with the poster in question.... so again... the assertions that are being made later in the thread - are incorrect. Believe it or not, designers even while in competition with each other, can still remain objective about each others work!

Sorry guys ... I shouldn't have mentioned ye :P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭thedesigntribe

forbairt wrote: »

Sometimes you just can't win ;)

forbairt wrote: »

You're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't. :D

It seems that IRL9000SX may have lost the bottle. Probably too busy sending abusive emails to his competitors via their online forms, eh IRL9000SX? Really professional that. But then again, after 15 years of designing embarrassingly bad websites you're probably bored so I don't really blame you.

That's right. IP tracking is relatively easy. Busted. What's hilarious is that the abuse happened before this thread was even started. *zing* Where's the ROFL smiley?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 IRL9000SX

" IP tracking is relatively easy"

Go to my website if you know it - have a look at my email and then send a mail to me stating you know who I am - can you do this ???

• Advertisement

Go to my website if you know it - have a look at my email and then send a mail to me stating you know who I am - can you do this ???
    Brian, I'm really getting sick of your games!!!!!

Why would I do that? Would you not be better off coming out from behind your cloak of anonymity for all to see? You know who Dave is and you know who I am. If you want to criticise us, at least have the guts to let us know who you are.

I suspect that this thread is going to be locked soon. Suffice to say that if you make a criticism of one of your competitors or their work, don't be a pussy about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 IRL9000SX

Look, a comment was made by someone else saying that you reccommed each other, I just gave my opinion. I did not criticise anyones work on this board.

I may have criticised lack of SEO which is another thing !

"Probably too busy sending abusive emails to his competitors via their online forms" - Don't do this :mad:

Yes I have seen your work - and I will admit its good, well maybe not all, two or three of you.

If the thread gets closed or I get banned all I can say is - Its a very competitive industry lads full of cowboys, and before someone posts a comment saying " yea you are one of those I can assure you I am not !!!

Never know - we might work together some day !!! - I will know who you are :)

Good luck

"Probably too busy sending abusive emails to his competitors via their online forms" - Don't do this :mad:

You sent me one via my online form last week!!!!
    If the thread gets closed or I get banned all I can say is - Its a very competitive industry lads full of cowboys, and before someone posts a comment saying " yea you are one of those I can assure you I am not !!!

This is exactly why we recommend people in the industry that are not cowboys. It's not a clique, it's a recommendation of people in the industry that can do a good job.

Only one way you could assure us you're not a cowboy, and that's to share who you are with everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

DJB wrote: »
    Only one way you could assure us you're not a cowboy, and that's to share who you are with everyone!
    If you know who they are why don't you share?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

That's right. IP tracking is relatively easy. Busted.

How did you get the IP address of his/her post here (on boards.ie)?

cgarvey wrote: »
    How did you get the IP address of his/her post here (on boards.ie)?

I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

OK, so how is he "busted"? I mean, how do you know IRL9000SX is based on his posts then? "IP tracking" implies you knew his IP from his posts here. Not having a go (I don't particularly care, unless boards.ie mods are dishing out IP addresses), just wondering!

Just after ken posted his message the other day, he had a spike in traffic on his website and this matched the ip of someone who sent a random abusive comment via my online form a couple of days previous. Same guy!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Link to his site then

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement