Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irony by Google Ads

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Hold down Alt and press print screen. Go into ms paint and press ctrl and v at the same time.

To just get a certain part of an image. Highlight the area you want in paint, press ctrl and x at the same time. Then open a second paint. Press ctrl and v.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

^^^^^^^^^
    too quick !!!1!!

keyboard.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Ahh ok. Cool. then how do I fit it into my post?

WindSock wrote: »
    Ahh ok. Cool. then how do I fit it into my post?

This site is handy for uploading.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You can upload it to somewhere like this. It will give you a url. Put that url between image tags.

• Advertisement

You can upload it to somewhere like this. It will give you a url. Put that url between image tags.

Yea, here are a couple I uploaded just for you Brother AC:

stairway_small.jpg

camerafail.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Ha. One step back, then one step forward :D
    Thanks guys. i'll try it again some other day, when I am more abled.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,350 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hold down Alt and press print screen. Go into ms paint and press ctrl and v at the same time.
    You don't need to press Alt.

You fail.

Damn it. All those key presses wasted. :mad:

*smashes fist off keyboard and throws laptop against the wall*

Maybe you should have your name changed to AlmightyFAIL
    ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

pressing Print Screen will copy the the whole screen... whatever you can see.
    Pressing Alt+Print Screen will copy whatever is in the foreground... allow me to demostrate

Print Screen....
    attachment.php?attachmentid=52284&d=1204797985

Same screen with Alt+Print Screen
    attachment.php?attachmentid=52285&d=1204797990

and yes!! I do like playing Free Cell in work.... what of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Now there's a guilty consience (spell?) if ever I saw one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Pighead wrote: »
    Threads dead baby, threads dead.

Apparently not!

Don1 wrote: »
    Now there's a guilty consience (spell?) if ever I saw one!

/me looks*

Where?? I don't see one... Nor have one...nor know what it might feel like...

Hmmm, google knows my thoughts, I want beer and I want to quit my job. How do they know?!! :eek:

They really are ramping up the beer side of it:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

pwnedqb3.jpg
    PWNED

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Urk? I didnt ban him.

I've been on the piss since I wrote that (my head hurts today too :( ). Havent a clue why he is banned...

DeV.

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote: »
    Urk? I didnt ban him.

I've been on the piss since I wrote that (my head hurts today too :( ). Havent a clue why he is banned...

DeV.

In fairness DeV, he was asking for a banning when he created this thread.

That's a very civilised boards suicide right there. I would have expected some completely horrid postings or uber spamming to get kicked off but suicide? Never thought I'd see the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

My thread killed a poster? Not quite what I had in mind when I started it!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yes, I found that thread... I would obviously never ban someone for blocking our ads. I do reserve the right to express my feelings about the practise and if people can't deal with that then thats not my problem.

Its not like we bombard you all with ads and popups.

DeV.

Never said you did DeV, afaik the e-suicide could be completely unrelated! As for the ads on boards, they are as a whole very un-obtrusive which nowadays is rare but oh so very welcome on tinternets. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Urk? I didnt ban him.

DeV.
    Yes, I found that thread... I would obviously never ban someone for blocking our ads. I do reserve the right to express my feelings about the practise and if people can't deal with that then thats not my problem.

Its not like we bombard you all with ads and popups.

DeV.
    I know you didn't ban him. I saw his thread in the help desk. That's why I put "icon10.gifHe couldn't take the guilt " in the post title. You still pwned him with guilt :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Rigger what shape are you?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,025 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Good reasons for quitting work, No. 1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,025 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Can beer make your hair grow back?
    EDIT: if there was a third ad there related to weight loss/gain, it would be perfect for thi forum...

• Advertisement

star-pants wrote: »
    Rigger what shape are you?

lol, hmmm dunno.

Not square anyhow. :p

Advertisement