Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting Document on the Fed

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Clare_Guy

blah, blah, blah...

i'm not wasting anymore time replying to people like you...

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Translation: I don't actually understand the topic so I'll throw my toys out of the pram and pretend I won the argument.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

so what are recessions and where do they fit into the scheme?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Clare_Guy wrote: »
    i'm not wasting anymore time replying to people like you...

You just did.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

OK guys back on topic, clare guy first and last warning, drag this off topic or be borderline insulting to anyone here again and your banned from CT permanently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

so what are recessions and where do they fit into the scheme?

As far as I remember a Recession is a period of over 6 months in which the economy experiences negative growth.
    i.e all the goods and services in a country in one year being worth less at market prices than they were in the previous year.
    Not sure about the time frame, but the rest of it is right.
    I think whats freakin ClareGuy out is that he can look back at a history book and see it all written down and how it happened, then he looks at a budget report or a piece written about the banking system and gets freaked out because the future hasn't been written. thats life buddy:eek:
    On a more serious note, the private ownership of the US federal reserve would cause me some sleepless nights if I didn't think that they are slowly taking over and there is nothing little old me can do about it except fight DA MAN and DA POWA when the turn up at my door lookin for some cheese:D

Aaron Spelling made a pretty cool docu-movie about it a few years back, Pretty convincing too, although it was as much about the income tax code and the IRS.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

As far as I remember a Recession is a period of over 6 months in which the economy experiences negative growth.

pretty much correct. to be more precise is 2 continous quarters (6 months )with negative GDP growth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

So why does the reserve manufacture recessions, do they increase or decrease the value of the money in my pocket?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

miju wrote: »
    OK guys back on topic, clare guy first and last warning, drag this off topic or be borderline insulting to anyone here again and your banned from CT permanently

Hmm, you threaten to ban clare_guy who is one of very few who contribute in a meaningful and productive way to this forum. Typical.

bonkey wrote: »
    Nor do you need to be a professor of economics and history to see that this allegedly-unsustainable system has been sustained for at least 95 years, and shows no signs today of being worse off then it was at the start.

Capitalism is an unfair and unjust system, it rewards those who have, and enslaves those who have not. Uncontrolled corporate capitalism and the military industrial complex does not serve the best interests of either the nation (an outdated idea in this globalist era) or the people.

The counterargument to this is that it is not the role of the corporation to serve the best interests of the people (indeed, it's only interests are to maximise profits, [pay workers as little as possible, charge consumers as much as possible]) - that role is for the elected governments. The problem nowadays is that this unfettered monster has grown in power as Eisenhower and Lincoln predicted to such an extent as to dominate the governments, and even to control who gets elected.

Here's a good documentary I recommend:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3969792790081230711

• Advertisement

An interesting graph:

http://www.uuforum.org/deficit.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

By meanigful and productive, do you mean posting links, refusing to comment on them and then insulting anyone who dares question them?

Advertisement