Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

units of alcohol if only one day a week

Options
  • 01-03-2008 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭

21 units of alcohol is the limit for a man in a week if he wants to stay healthy and obviously he cant save up all those units for one night a week as that would be a binge and also be unhealthy so my question is if some one wants to limit there drinking to one night a week and still be healthy how many units should he limit himself to that one day a week?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I think the Government guidelines state that three or more drinks is binge drinking. Or three units. I'm really not sure.

I don't think you can pick a fixed value. If you're drunk, you've probably had too much. I don't think that's actually a problem though.

Advertisement