Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What I hate about Ireland

Options
  • 01-03-2008 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭

It's a rip off.At night it's full of aggressive drunks.It's exactly the same as england.....i could go on and on....
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭GBX

where is the consipiracy? Who is conspiring against us to create this society?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭berliner

GBX wrote: »
    where is the consipiracy? Who is conspiring against us to create this society?
    What the hell are you talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

this is really a billy no mates scenario

staker wrote: »
    this is really a billy no mates scenario
    Welcome to the club then

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

berliner wrote: »
    It's a rip off.At night it's full of aggressive drunks.It's exactly the same as england.....i could go on and on....

You think this is an Irish Society forum and its not its a conspiracy theories one.

:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

He means that it's wrong forum. It's about conspiracy theories like Kennedy death or Illuminati.

I think you should ask for removing it to "After Hours".

I agree with that aggressive drunk people thing. People are going out to have some fun or relax, not to fight or be beaten because of somebody's idiotic ambitions or something.

It's really annoying but I think there's nothing we can do.
    No matter where are you from it always happen in the public.

The best thing we can do is avoiding cheap pubs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

No conspiracy?:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

moved to AH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

lulz

• Registered Users Posts: 14,980 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

You could go on and on? G'ssssssss best to just leave then, for your own peace of mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

why cant someone start a thread called "what I like about Ireland" here goes, I will start, will I? I like Ireland cos its the country of my birth and I feel greatful to the brave heros who went before us and died for this lovely country. They gave us freedom to be ourselves. we dont take sides in anyone else's wars. We have produced some of the best music in the world (excluding dustin) comedians, poets, writers the world has ever known. On a personal note. I live in a small community where everyone will still rally around when someone is in trouble. I live in an estate of 32 houses and I know in my heart that if I needed anything, be it money or a cup of sugar, there is not one house that would refuse me. I am glad that I have my family living near me. They didnt have to emigrate as some of my forefathers had to do. Now, when people go abroad its because they want to see the world, not because the had to. I still find that most people that you meet in the course of my day are friendly and obliging. I think that people in general respond well if you are friendly and kind to them. I just wish that our own people would stop knocking our country. I love Ireland and I am proud to be Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

The question, wtf are you talking about? :rolleyes:If you don't like what have here in Ireland, GTFO!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Niamh-17

There are a lot of things i like about Ireland but there are a few things i hate about it.

I hate the way Ireland is regarded for its "Drink". That annoys me so much. Why do some people head out at weekend to get "completly wasted" where is the enjoyment in this? I envy foreign countries attitude to drinking. For example when i was in Belgium on my holidays last year, i noticed a vending machiene which had soft drinks but also cans of beer on a street. In ireland we couldnt do this as underagers would completly abuse this. I really wish we could have a postive and mature attitude towards alcohol.
    That is just one thing i dislike about Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

It's not actually though.

Why are you here if you dislike it so much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

! <3 Ireland, it's such a shame it's full of those pesky Irish

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Ireland rulz man...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭conor2007

nowhere near anything like england

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Niamh-17 wrote: »
    There are a lot of things i like about Ireland but there are a few things i hate about it.

I hate the way Ireland is regarded for its "Drink". That annoys me so much. Why do some people head out at weekend to get "completly wasted" where is the enjoyment in this? I envy foreign countries attitude to drinking. For example when i was in Belgium on my holidays last year, i noticed a vending machiene which had soft drinks but also cans of beer on a street. In ireland we couldnt do this as underagers would completly abuse this. I really wish we could have a postive and mature attitude towards alcohol.
    That is just one thing i dislike about Ireland!

Getting locked is great crack. Those Belgians haven't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

too many people are gone too materialistic and we're breeding too many Scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i could go on and on....

Please do. I am interested in hearing your ramblings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Little Scang-bags that walk the streets. i'm back from a week away (Sun holiday) and you just dont see them in any of those countries! we saw two one day and they were either English or Irish tourists. does my head in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,588 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

not another one of these threads.

I like england alot. better transport system, better infrastructure, better healthcare, better education system. People power is more in action there too. You dont see many policitians in tribunals over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

faceman wrote: »
    not another one of these threads.

I like england alot. better transport system, better infrastructure, better healthcare, better education system. People power is more in action there too. You dont see many policitians in tribunals over there.

Agree, over there, a Politician usually does the honourable thing and resigns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭eoghan h

I hate our reliancy on alcohol to have fun!!!!

Irish people suck without drink!!!
    All the same I love getting hammered but I wish it wasn't the only thing to do at the weekend!

Also Irish people are dickheads towards foreigners....we're supposed to be welcoming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

eoghan h wrote: »
    All the same I love getting hammered but I wish it wasn't the only thing to do at the weekend!

Erm, it's not.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,588 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Also Irish people are dickheads towards foreigners....we're supposed to be welcoming!

I work with plenty of foreign people who have commented that ireland in general is a very friendly welcoming place.

Kenny 5 wrote: »
    The question, wtf are you talking about? :rolleyes:If you don't like what have here in Ireland, GTFO!!!!!!
    Wow! i never seen this reply coming!!!!! ZZZzzzzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭bartholomewbinn

conor2007 wrote: »
    nowhere near anything like england

Apart from Scotland and Wales, name me a country that is more like England than Ireland is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

I hate my reliancy on alcohol to have fun!!!!

I suck without drink!!!
    All the same I love getting hammered but I wish it wasn't the only thing I do at the weekend!

/fixed

(what have you tried to do? so many free museums, so many cafes, restaurants, sports like hiking, cycling, sailing, car racing in Mondello). There is a massive amount of things to do, but you need to do them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Wow! i never seen this reply coming!!!!! ZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Your reply doesn't explain why you're still here though.

He has a point, if you hate it that much, leave.

Advertisement