Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda- Personal Qualities Required

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭metman

Deleted my original post, the above shows this guy is a piss taker or anti-police troll.

Yep, just another sad type without the bottle to openly air his grievance.

Instead....

Troll.

Troll.

Troll.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

eroo wrote: »
    Why do you want to become a Garda?

It beats working for a living lol

:p

Couldn't resist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭DisandDat

metman wrote: »
    Yep, just another sad type without the bottle to openly air his grievance.

Instead....Troll.Troll.Troll.

:rolleyes:

What are you on about. If I had something to say, I'd say it.
    For example you seem to be a paranoid idiot.

Why do you want to become a Garda?

I believe I have a duty to serve the community, you know, give something back. Also from a personal viewpoint it pays well and you automatically get a lot or respect from people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭metman

DisandDat wrote: »

Now you've hurt my feelings :(

Be a nice troll;

Troll

v.,n. 1. [From the Usenet group alt.folklore.urban] To utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable responses or flames; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase "trolling for newbies" which in turn comes from mainstream "trolling", a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The well-constructed troll is a post that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves look even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate troll. If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it. See also YHBT. 2. An individual who chronically trolls in sense 1; regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by the fact that the have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of life on the net, as in, "Oh, ignore him, he's just a troll." 3. [Berkeley] Computer lab monitor. A popular campus job for CS students. Duties include helping newbies and ensuring that lab policies are followed. Probably so-called because it involves lurking in dark cavelike corners.

Some people claim that the troll (sense 1) is properly a narrower category than flame bait, that a troll is categorized by containing some assertion that is wrong but not overtly controversial. See also Troll-O-Meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

DisandDat wrote: »
    What are you on about. If I had something to say, I'd say it.

I believe I have a duty to serve the community, you know, give something back. Also from a personal viewpoint it pays well and you automatically get a lot or respect from people.

Good answer..now put down the recruitment leaflet(:D:p).
    If it's respect your looking for,I'd say being a Garda isn't the job you want.Yes most people are respectful..but I have heard horror stories from Gardai I know who say some people treat you like dirt(major understatement!).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭DisandDat

If it's respect your looking for,I'd say being a Garda isn't the job you want.Yes most people are respectful..but I have heard horror stories from Gardai I know who say some people treat you like dirt(major understatement!).
    When those batons come out you get loads of respect. ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,660 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

DisandDat will be taking 2 weeks unpaid leave from Emergency Services for insulting another regular forum user.

Thread locked as it does *seem* to be trollish in nature.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement