Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shampoo & Conditioner.

Options
  • 26-02-2008 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

What do you guys use? And if you use any hair products, those too :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

i use the dove shampoos and conditioners, think they are fab for moisture when my hair is highlighted! Use john frieda serum on my wet hair and then the gloss finishing spray when styled! (only when im going out though)

I used to get the charles worthington shampoos and conditioners and they smelled gorg!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

shampoo & conditioner....
    Herbal essences (sp?)
    Aussie Volume
    I love Juicy shampoo - Lush
    American Cream conditioner - lush
    catwalk oatmeal and honey treatment conditioner

I like to alternate otherwise my hair gets dull!

Products....
    Bedhead headrush shine spray
    bedhead after party serum
    I use another bedhead thing which is round and purple with a green lid but can't remember what it's called. use this when wearing my hair curly.

i think i know what you're talking about.. I used to use the conditioner in the blue tub with the green lid and it was brill! plus it smelled like mint, which is always good! :D

yeah, the bedhead stuff smells great alright. yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Suzywuzy

Herbal Essences Shampoo and Conditioner

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Suzywuzy wrote: »
    Herbal Essences Shampoo and Conditioner

+1

I love Fruit Fusions, especially the green one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

John Frieda Magnifying Colour Shampoo and Conditioner for Red hair! I love the way it stretchs out the colour alot longer and the only colour lasting products that don't leave me with dandruff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

The body shop olive shampoo
    John frieda brunette conditioner
    Aveda clove conditioner
    redken anti snap
    ghd heat protecting oil
    john frieda volume spray
    john frieda frizz ease non oily serum (purple cap)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Toni and Guy shampoo and conditioner..last for ages...
    Toni and Guy Rapid Response Leave in Conditioner
    Lee Stafford Dehumidifer, Poker Straight
    Boots Hairspray
    Wella High Hair, Brilliant Affair

I'm someone who is keen on scent so if it smells nice I'll take it! Love Herbal Essences but find it drys out my gruaig no end:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Unaton

I use Nivea Brilliant Blonde shampoo and conditioner and Keranove (EuegenPerma) Copper & Botanical coral Nourishing Mask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Pantene Shampoo, the volumising one.

Big Sexy Hair 'Root Pump Plus' mousse.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

John Frieda Brilliant Brunette shampoo and conditioner and Frizz Ease serum on wet hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Pythia wrote: »
    Pantene Shampoo, the volumising one.

Do you find they never have the large bottle of that in the shops btw? They never do in any of the shops I go to.

Moi, I always use shampoo and conditioner and sometimes, preconditioner for a bit of extra luxury. Mostly Pantene, Lush and Bodyshop ones - I change around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

Oh I love Sun Silk....

I have used so many diffrent brands over the years some better than others, But sunsilk is by far my favourite...

Tend to use VO5 hot oil treatments every now and then which really give my hair a great shine and are very reasonably priced...

L'oreal Elvisse Hairsprays and mouse... The hairspray has a great hold to it and doesn't leave white flakes after applying a healthy amount to an up style...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Aussie shampoo's and conditioners rock the socks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Dove shampoo & conditioner all the way...cheap as chips.

Redken anti-snap for after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

L'Oreal Elvive Pearl Protien (shampoo and conditioner) for super shiny hair, but i also use Dead Sea Magik shampoo when my hair need a good clean...the contidioner is a smelly green mud but it's FAB!

I tend to chop and change, mix and match as I find it all builds up on my hair...anyone else find that?

aoife2k wrote: »
    L'Oreal Elvive Pearl Protien (shampoo and conditioner) for super shiny hair, but i also use Dead Sea Magik shampoo when my hair need a good clean...the contidioner is a smelly green mud but it's FAB!

I tend to chop and change, mix and match as I find it all builds up on my hair...anyone else find that?

Yeah, that always happens me. I've quite fine hair too so it gets greasy quickly. V. annoying!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Head and shoulders

Pantane classic conditioner in the tub.. it can take 12 hours for my hair to dry after using this

I dont have a hairdryer or straighteners so I don't use hair products
    I tie it up and off I go :D

I refuse hairspray gels and serums in the hairdressers

lucylu wrote: »

I dont have a hairdryer or straighteners so I don't use hair products
    I tie it up and off I go :D

i dont know how you manage!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lurvely

Head & shoulders works best for me, i find it doesnt need washed as much as it does if i use any other products. From time to time i also use tres semme deep cleansing shampoo & conditioner to get rid of any build up. My hairs getting quite frizzy lately but i havent tried anything yet to control the frizz..darn frizz!

i dont know how you manage!! :eek:

Ahh it all depends on the type of hair you have.
    Mine is really smooth and flat, it tends to fall in to place if I so much as threathen it with a brush.
    Whereas my sisters would stand vertically on her head of she didn't attack it with a straighner every morning.

I tend to change shampoo regularly, at the minute I'm using Timotei.

I don't condition or anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Bluebells

I may just be imagining it but It seems like my hair gets used to a product if I use it for too long. Ive started going with whatever brand is on sale in tescos or boots, using it up and going onto something else. Seems to working pritty well, I just make sure to get the shampoo and conditioner thats in the range that suits me (dry/damaged hair). I find the results from 'chemist brands' dont radically variey anyway. Just the standered panten, tresemme, vo5, aussi, whatevers on offer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

I have very fine, limp hair that gets damaged easily and am cursed with flyaways, but Pantene Anti Breakage shampoo and conditioner together with tresemme Heat Defense spray make it look smooth and healthy and very shiny. None of that stuff weighs it down at all either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I alternate as I find that my hair gets dull and has build up if I use the same ones over and over. The best ones I find are the pink Elvive shampoo and conditioner. I also recommend Avon colour protect shampoo and conditioner for coloured/highlighted hair. Boots do a great own-brand shampoo for greasy hair, for those of you afflicted with uber-greasy hair that needs daily washing.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Bought a shampoo and conditioner by a brand called TommyGuns in Boots last week....gonna use them tomorrow. Smell delish, as does the entire range to be honest! Hope it lives up to its scentl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Unaton

I just started using Keranove's Radiance (with copper and corail) products. I am very impressed. I have highlighted hair and after winter it looked kinda dull. Have washed my hair 3 times already and my bf says he could use my hair as a mirror lol. Amazing stuff, makes the hair really smooth, shiny and soft.

Dunno if you can get the stuff in Boots though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭scut

vo5 during the week and aussie at the weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

A common thread here seems to be that it's good to switch around brands so your hair doesn't get too used to the same stuff.

• Advertisement

A common thread here seems to be that it's good to switch around brands so your hair doesn't get too used to the same stuff.

I think it is because the product leaves behind a residue and it builds up over time.
    If you really like a certain shampoo you can use a clarifying shampoo every so often to get rid of this effect.

Advertisement