Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to be skinny!!!

Options
  • 26-02-2008 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

Ok i desperately want to be skinny, I am 5.9 and 10 and a half stone, I know i know, thats ok but I cant get it out of my head i want to be skinny, the more i think ok im going on a diet the more i eat coz im constantly thinking about food, then i binge and feel horrible, i think about it last thing at night and first in morning, im becomming obbsessed.....i exercise 3 times a week, i have no other time. Iv tried making myself sick but i hate it, I dont want nagging like your ridiculous, i know this, but i cant help how i feel.:( what can i do to be skinny??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Come talk to us in the Personal Issue forum.

You can also check out www.bodywhys.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Unaton

Start by seeing a psychiatrist. At the moment it seems like it's all in your head. Once you have that sorted out, go see a nutrionist.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

OP, it's quite simple. You must burn off more cals than you take in until you reach the weight you desire. Obviously your diet needs serious revision, as does your will power. Plus, exercising only 3 days a week is not near enough. You should be in strenuous workouts 5-6 days per week. Consider finding a workout partner, set weekly goals, and nag each other to achieve them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭macbarbie

Thanks for everyones help sorry i posted it in the wrong place only new here.
    Asked for Archimedes... no need like!! I think i deserve an appology!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I do apologise, I thought this was in After Hours where you are obliged to give the type of response I gave. But yes, I do apologise - sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Those are my same body stats and im delighted with my figure/size, height to weight ratio. Seriously, i dont understand why anyone WANTS to be 'skinny'. Are you talking Victoria Beckham/Nicole Ritchie size Zero? Your BMI is spot on, unless you have a very poor and disportonate body size then i dont think you have anything to worry about. See a nutritionist and a therapist for help. You are the only one putting pressure on yourself to conform to something that you see in a magazine. I hope you dont get any more sucked in. Good Luck hun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

We all want to lose a few pounds, man I'd love to be skinnier than I am, but I really do think it's a matter of what's going on in your head..eat healthy, keep fit and that will develop a positve mental attitude towards your body..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

macbarbie wrote: »
    Ok i desperately want to be skinny, I am 5.9 and 10 and a half stone, I know i know, thats ok but I cant get it out of my head i want to be skinny, the more i think ok im going on a diet the more i eat coz im constantly thinking about food, then i binge and feel horrible, i think about it last thing at night and first in morning, im becomming obbsessed.....i exercise 3 times a week, i have no other time. Iv tried making myself sick but i hate it, I dont want nagging like your ridiculous, i know this, but i cant help how i feel.:( what can i do to be skinny??:confused:

Maybe try snacking on fruit?
    I'm probably a similar size to you, but I'm shorter so I'm lighter. I'd love to be thinner too.
    Some people are just naturally thinner than others unfortunately. I know I'm genetically wired to be pear shaped. I don't think I could ever be as skinny as some girls I know.
    But seriously try not to think about it and be glad you don't have an actual weight problem like some people do.

macbarbie wrote: »

10 and 1/2 stone is slender for 5 ft 9.
    I think your problem is psychological and you should go to see a counsillor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

you should do 30mins exercise every day. just eat healthily and make sure you get your 5 a day! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

macbarbie, making yourself sick is not the way to accomplish your goals in a healthy or safe manner. If this is the route you are taking then you need to talk to someone.

What does your day to day diet currently consist of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭macbarbie

macbarbie, making yourself sick is not the way to accomplish your goals in a healthy or safe manner. If this is the route you are taking then you need to talk to someone.

What does your day to day diet currently consist of?

Brekkie: cereal+ bannana
    Lunch: Baked pototo+cheese OR chicken salad
    Dinner: Varies between steak and a potato, pasta, or toasted sandwhich

I dont really have snacks, just an odd bar with a cup of tea.. which i feel bad about....

this is a normal day, then some days i eat half as much and as i said somedays i get stressed in work and jus binge!! again left feeling guilty..

Iv recently startes aerobics and pole dancing...hopefully this will help!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Hairspray

Do you purge when after bingeing?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

. Plus, exercising only 3 days a week is not near enough. You should be in strenuous workouts 5-6 days per week. Consider finding a workout partner, set weekly goals, and nag each other to achieve them.
    Rubbish, 6 days of strenuous exercise a week? what would you consider a "strenuous workout"? I can assure you from personal experience that after a few weeks of high intensity exercise 6-7 days a week you will be doing more harm than good. 1-2 days of weights (squats, deadlifts, overhead presses) a week should, over time, develop muscle tissue to a level where its maintenance should take care of a lot of calories, mix in 2 or so days of either cardio/HIIT or a scaled crossfit style workout and you should have more than enough exercise.
    OP: if you want fitness advice, ask in the fitness forum. Make sure you state your goals, diet and current fitness level. Also look at the stickies here for dietary information. "burning more calories than you take in" applies to fat loss when insulin is at a reduced level so glucagon can transport fat from fat cells to provide energy. That means eating Low gi fruit+veg, meat, good fats (nuts, seeds, olive oil etc) and no sugar. Get the diet sorted first and then start some exercise, you can't drive a petrol car efficiently on diesel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Blondecrammer10

Im similar to you 5 9 and 9 stone but i want to be like 8 and all i can think about is foood im doing my leaving cert and its messing me up , did u find anything thay worked?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Blondecrammer, you are already at an extremely low weight for your height, you should not be looking to lose ANY more weight. Nobody here will offer you advice because losing weight may be detrimental to your health. With that, I'm locking this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement