Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sigma 70-300 dg macro

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Resized but uncropped, taken at 300mm about two foot away with the APO version.

2570447833_c2743fbe4e_o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

tywy wrote: »
    Is the APO version worth the extra €80 or whatever it is?

Well this is pic #1 with the lens on my Gx1S (click for bigness):

2561057155_f7fb70171f.jpg

I don't know what "APO" means though:confused: I picked the lens up in FNAC in May and hadn't had the opportunity to play with it until Sunday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Jessops are advertising the Sigma 70-300 DG lens on their website for £99. I called to the one in Newry and they didn't have any available for that price. All they had available was the SIgma 70-300 APO for £159.

However I said to the chap working there that the stock levels on their website had 70-300's available for £99. He checked the website himself and apologised and gave me the APO for £99!! It was actually the DG that was advertised for that price but I wasn't going to point out his mistake!

Worth a shot if you want to get a brand new APO for ~€130 (Conns and others in Dublin are minimum €199)

Advertisement