Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone interested in old ex Swiss army trucks?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Some nice machinery alright, seems like good value too, you would just need a massive shed!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭PanhardPL

peasant wrote: »
    Came across these on mobile.de

004e_27.JPG

Swiss made "Saurer" trucks of very high quality and durability. 6 cylinder diesel, full syncromesh pneumatic assisted gearbox, 4 WD with difflocks, two way motor winch, etc ...

The beauty is, these things are RHD (for the narrow Swiss mountain roads) and therefore a bit of a hard sell on the continent. Perfect examples with new TUEV going for between 4 k and 6 k.

I'm sorly tempted myself ...but I just don't have the space and time.

here are a few more:

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/search.html?isSearchRequest=true&sortOption.sortBy=searchNetGrossPrice&sortOption.sortOrder=ASCENDING&lang=de&scopeId=AT&_features=on&negativeFeatures=EXPORT&vehicleCategory=&makeModelVariant1.makeId=&makeModelVariant1.modelDescription=saurer+2DM&makeModelVariant2.makeId=&makeModelVariant2.modelDescription=&makeModelVariant3.makeId=&makeModelVariant3.modelDescription=&minPrice=&maxPrice=&grossPrice=false&country=&zipcode=

In the past year or so the Swiss Army had a big disposal sale of Jeeps (Willys), Haflingers, Unimogs and the Saurer Trucks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

PanhardPL wrote: »
    In the past year or so the Swiss Army had a big disposal sale of Jeeps (Willys), Haflingers, Unimogs and the Saurer Trucks

Yes, but the first three were hotly contested ..the Saurers are just sitting there, mainly due to being RHD

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Would they be difficult to drive?A guy i knew had an old v8 ford truck and he reckoned that there was no way id be able to manage the gearbox in the thing! Never did get to drive it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

No, the gearbox is full syncromesh ...plus gearchange is pneumatically assisted.

No double-declutching there (which isn't that difficult either, with a bit of practice)

Search for Saurer 2DM on youtube ..there are two or three videos of one being driven ...including a blue one in Africa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

There is one over here, seen it at a few shows last year, a 1980 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭acmatman

I will have a Saurer 2DM for sale shortly when I get it registered

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

Oh-so-tempting! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

acmatman wrote: »
    I will have a Saurer 2DM for sale shortly when I get it registered

Pics are ain't so😀

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

my Saurer 2DM will be going upon www.milweb.net today , I can can put up some pictures here bit not really sure how ? I have some one who do it for me
    :D

• Advertisement

http://www.milweb.net/webvert/a2393
    this is the add for the truck from Milweb

• Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Genuine question: they seem to be going from about €3.5k in Germany, still using the search link in the OP

You are looking for €8,250 and your truck is not yet on Irish plates. Now I appreciate you had to go over to get it and drive it home, but is there any reason for the price difference? Is your truck in a much better condition than the cheaper ones in above link?

I'd love to own one myself as a big toy for a big boy, but I've neither the space nor the right driving license :p

hello the Saurer 2TD you mention for sale for €3500 is in Lithuania,there is one for sale in Germany ,my vehicle is in Enfield ,figure what you are not spending if you like the truck drive it home ,prices are always a movable .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭khamilto

acmatman wrote: »
    hello the Saurer 2TD you mention for sale for €3500 is in Lithuania,there is one for sale in Germany ,my vehicle is in Enfield ,figure what you are not spending if you like the truck drive it home ,prices are always a movable .

From the ads of the trucks in Lithuania: We organize TRANSPORT to every country.

I doubt they charge €4,750 for it.

Advertisement