Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bourne Legacy (Bourne 4)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Not a franchise I care too deeply about, or would have called essential viewing, but it all smacks of cashcow'ism really (though I know nothing of the novels, so perhaps this is a legitimate sequel). It looks like they've brought back most of the remaining CIA / Tredstone cast which is cool, but otherwise a hard movie to get overly excited about.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,081 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Lousy trailer/teaser/whatever. I'm sick of hearing the same Inception-like "bongs" in every feckin trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Lousy trailer/teaser/whatever. I'm sick of hearing the same Inception-like "bongs" in every feckin trailer.

Well I suppose we'll have to wait and see then - the lead man is a solid actor and the gritty nature of the intro looks solid to me in terms of holding onto the vibe of the origional trilogy.

I hated the origional concept, but after a quick look at that teaser, I'm fairly excited about how this could turn out.

Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

i wonder will we see a matt damon v jeremy renner showdown in a future "bourne" movie if this one does well?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shiroki

Renners my favourite actor right now and I'm stoked to see him getting more roles. Excited for this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I hate Renner, and I hate this. It just smacks of Bond, and all that is shît about it. I love the Bourne trilogy but this reeks of desperation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

they should just mention bourne in some kind of tagline, like "jason bourne wasnt the only one" or "jason bourne was only the beginning" and then call the film legacy,

i understand that its the bourne universe the're in and all that, but i think its wrong to mislead people in this way,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

His catchphrase should be "I wasn't Bourne yesterday" and he should say it every time he kills a guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

don ramo wrote: »
    they should just mention bourne in some kind of tagline, like "jason bourne wasnt the only one" or "jason bourne was only the beginning" and then call the film legacy,

i understand that its the bourne universe the're in and all that, but i think its wrong to mislead people in this way,
    Did you watch the teaser? Because if you did I have no idea where you're coming from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Did you watch the teaser? Because if you did I have no idea where you're coming from.
    yes i did watch it, i dont get where youre coming from, this film is based in the bourne universe, the new caracter is a threadstone operative, there is no jason bourne in the film, so calling the film the bourne legacy is misleading, so i feel they shouldve just added a tag-line to make it more clear that bourne isnt in it,

yes i did watch it, i dont get where youre coming from, this film is based in the bourne universe, the new caracter is a threadstone operative, there is no jason bourne in the film, so calling the film the bourne legacy is misleading, so i feel they shouldve just added a tag-line to make it more clear that bourne isnt in it,

The trailer makes it pretty clear that it's a different character

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Surely the 'Legacy' bit in the title gets that point across? Unless I am misunderstanding the word 'legacy'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

The trailer makes it look like they are trying too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 CharAdriel

Can't wait for this movie. Jeremy Renner is perfect for this part. I believe this movie may actually be better than the original Bourne movies. *Sorry Matt Damon*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Couldnt see a thread. Teaser trailer out.Looks AMAZING!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Soby wrote: »
    Couldnt see a thread. Teaser trailer out.Looks AMAZING!

So does this make my Bourne Trilogy box set worthless, or is this a whole new story?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fifipie_d

Looks pretty good alright. Im a massive fan of the first three films so was obviously skeptical when i originally heard about this. Gona give it a watch though when its out. Will just have to watch it as any other action flick and not part of the Bourne franchise. As a Bourne flick for me personally, i know it just wont measure up to team of Greengrass and Damon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

After watching that preview i feel like i've seen the whole movie.

irish-stew wrote: »
    So does this make my Bourne Trilogy box set worthless, or is this a whole new story?

The first 3 were pretty much the same movie, no reason to think the 4th would be any different

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Been done to the death imo, flogging a dead horse at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

For me the Bourne Trilogy is one of the best trilogies in the past twenty years. When this movie was announced and it was revealed that the main character wouldn't appear in it I was disappointed. But this trailer has convinced me to see it in the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Im a huge fan of the Bourne movies,this sounded dodgy as f***....but the trailer does look good,basically more of the same.......which is fine really,ill be there too

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Same here, I love the trilogy and I had written this off as a bad idea but I probably will see this in the cinema on the strength of that trailer although I would concede that alot of the story has been revealed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

I dunno, for me Bourne had a nice European feel and that was really the gritty feel of the franchise. Wasnt so fond of ultimatum as it felt more American action movie'ish - if that makes any sense, just didnt feel as gritty. After seeing the latest trailer it seems to be more along the lines of ultimatum than supremacy or identity so for own particular tastes it doesnt bode well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

The trailer looked ok until he went down stairs pulling a wheelie. I get the feeling it'll be more bond than Bourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Quazzie wrote: »
    The trailer looked ok until he went down stairs pulling a wheelie. I get the feeling it'll be more bond than Bourne.

Yeah I kinda cringed when I saw that as it instantly resonated as a very XXX thing to do.... shudder. That and the whole rocket launcher blowing up the cabin shot was wayyyyy too typical hollywood for a bourne movie imo. Parts of the trailer reminded me of Knight and Day rather than Bourne.

Im an optimist so Ill hold out hope but the sneaking suspicion that the heart will be lost in the franchise is building. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 85,081 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ed Norton looks really old in the trailer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,210 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Heh, I think Ultimatum had an August 3rd release date as well.

I like Bourne world and the trailer looks pretty promising. Think that was Zeljko Ivanek in there somewhere, good to see. Only thing is, how will they make it so it's not too more of the same, which is what I took from the trailer with the action, not that the action should suddenly change stylistically or anything.

This is Bourne Begins, then?

Must check out the books some time.

Advertisement