Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tribeca (First Anniversary).

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Never mind the software.

The biggest difference between Ipoker and Tribeca is how the companies are/were run and who runs them.

While often one could not help but wonder if a colony of chimpanzees were responsible for coding and server stability for Tribeca, it's quite clear that ipoker deploy chimpanzees to fill positions in their company, as far as the upper echelons of management.

Tribeca was run by competent people who had a good understanding of the online poker industry. Yes they were a bit lazy about bugs, perhaps because they knew all along a buyout was on the horizon.

When I think back, it's no wonder that Tribeca went from 5k player averages to 20+k over a period of 3 years.

While Tribeca was thriving, ipoker remained stagnant with a core low stakes european base. The Ipoker cutting edge 3d graphics were a total fail and they were eventually removed.

Ipoker never stood a chance in the market, their only hope of attaining a larger market share was by buying out one of their biggest competitors. They are the microsoft of the online poker industry.

There is a huge gap in the market in terms of good poker software for non-us based sites, unfortunately player liquidity is a companies main concern when choosing a poker skin, having brilliant software is useless if you have no one playing on your network.

Most networks wishing to launch from scratch nowadays, don't stand a chance of survival and if you are looking to set up a skin, ipoker is the probably the most attractive option, with entraction starting to catch up somewhat.

/end rant.

I'll light a candle for Tribeca tonight.

edit

Make that 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

The Poker World is a better place without that shambles of a site.
    3rd Anniversary this weekend folks.
    Light a candle, take 5 minutes out of your busy day.

Gone but never forgotten.

Perhaps a mod can change the title and close the poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bazwin

Is it 3 years ago......seems like only yesterday. If I'm honest I would have to say I do miss it. Like alot of other players it was the first site I played poker on with PaddyPower. I had a few big wins on the 35k gtd as well. I don't like the recently updated ipoker network. It was ok the way it was.

In terms of the best poker software out there apart from POKERSTARS has to be PARTYPOKER.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

I made more money on Tribeca than I've made across all sites in the 3 years since.
    Ya, I miss Tribeca.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Bp!

it was the greatest site ever known to man, there was talk that the cards visually had an affect on the players , bringing the whole "Oouu they look so pretty" to a whole new level and thats why players were so bad

it i didnt see it for myself i wouldnt a believed it, tribecca dyin was worst beat ever took and still remember when i was told it was closing going into a spasm and dribbling out the words "say it aint so , please momma say it aint so"

RIP indeed the softest site that ever lived.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement