Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spirulina, buy online?

Options
  • 24-02-2008 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I take Spirulina in powder form and I buy 500gm for €50 which is branded "Synergy". It says it's organic and everything so I'm guessing it's good stuff.

Anyway, I see on Ebay (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=spirulina&category0=) that there is a whole load of different brands at much cheaper prices. I'd like to get the tablets instead if I can as they are much easier to take than the powder and the tablets from Synergy are just 100% compressed powder with no synthetics or anything, so I'm hoping there is the same on Ebay?

So I was just wondering would anyone here have advice on whether the Ebay stuff would be just as good as the Synergy organic stuff, or would it be best just to stick to what I take now? Also, should I be cautious at all since this is a supplement (even though it's just 100% natural plant) buying it online?

Any advice appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I've bought stuff from e-bay and it was generally ok. However, I've seen lots of different brands of Spirulina in health food shops in Dublin, and for a lot less than 50 euro a go. Might be worth checking out?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

What size were they though? The Half Kilo tub is huge and is better value then buying smaller sized tubs, gets cheaper the more you buy. It's not something you can really judge the quality of though. You just hope it's doing you good.

You haven't noticed a difference from taking the spirulina?
    I had a vegan bodybuilding friend who swore by the stuff. He had amazing results.
    Are you using it as a multivitamin or to up your protien intake?
    Your a vegan?

Advertisement