Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby Memories

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Oh I remember the previous one now, aye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

1995 Ireland v Wales 5 Nations. Brendan Mullin Try. Didnt get the wooden spoon that year !
    Ireland v Fiji. My firt game ever

1997 Irelan v New Zealand. Freezing my nuts off on North Terrace. But Woodies trys were sensational !

1998 Ireland V France Paris. Almost beating the French at the first tade De France game

1999. Ulster V Colomiers. European Champs

2000 Irelan v Scotland. That was the epiphany day
    Irelan v Italy. Running in 60 points first time ever in 5/6nations
    Ireland v France. BOD Hattrick Obvious
    Irelan v America. Record Score
    Ireland v South Africa. Tyrone Howe's try

2001. Ireland v France. Waiting 7 minites on South Tce before BOD Try given
    Ireland v England. Woody Try. Nice !

2002. Mary's Senior Cup win

2003. Alan Quinlan's try against Argentina in Adelaide

2004. Attending Lansdowne Road when Ireland won Triple Crown Soctland

2006.The PA in the RDS Exam hall announcing Munster had won heniken cup

2007. Ireland 43 England 13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Watching Ireland beat England at Twickenham in the 2006 Six Nations from a pub in Cyprus -doesnt get much sweeter than that.. The fact that my boyfriend and I were the only Irish supporters amongst the Brits only added to the satisfaction -and of course the fact that the boys in green then won the Triple Crown and knocked England into fourth.
    *Sigh...*:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

As has been said Ireland-NZ in 97 when Ireland were winning and as it was back then we'd be shagged after 60 mins and lose it.

I also have really bad memories of when Leinster played Perpingon in 03 and they completely blew it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Shan75

Shannon v Young Munster in Munster Senior Cup Final early 1990's(can't remember exact year).Munsters thought it was all over until Shannon scored a try in the corner in injury team and John Pearse had to get the conversion from the touchline which he duly did.I almost felt sorry for the Munsters fans as they lost so many finals in a row and they just couldn't believe it.

Munster v Saracens in Thomond Park 2000.Another match with a very late try and a conversion needed.Although the ball probably was wide the linesmen signalled it went over.Fantastic atmosphere in the ground that day before the restrictions in the crowd size was enforced.

Ireland v England in 2001.The delayed Six Nations game because of Foot and Mouth was worth waiting for.England arrived believing they had the game won before it started so it was extra special beating them.They still won the championship but we didn't care as they were so shocked at being beaten you'd have thought they got the wooden spoon.Keith Wood with that try was fantastic and the fact Austin Healey was on the England losing team made it all the better.I remember being on the terrace and people shouting at England fans to "shove yer chariots up yer holes".Excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

Shan75 wrote: »

Munster v Saracens in Thomond Park 2000.Another match with a very late try and a conversion needed.Although the ball probably was wide the linesmen signalled it went over.Fantastic atmosphere in the ground that day before the restrictions in the crowd size was enforced.

The ball hit the upright and went over, no question about it. I agree it was a super game, Pinar was magnificent for Saracens. Atmosphere was incredible.

In the short 9 or 10 years I've been into rugby I'm happy to say I have some amazing memories.The best for me have to be

Winning in Stade de France in 2000 with BOD's hatrick,fantastic

Munster Vs. Leicester final back in 2002 (shame we didn't win but still a great day)

Munster getting the bonus point against Sale in 2006,absolutely epic

Munster Vs. Leinster that year too,such a beautiful day in every respect

The final that year too,what an amazing atmosphere,can't be beaten

And of course standing on the hill for the demolition of England last year 43-13 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Oh another one and as a forward this will always hold a special place for me.

Munster v Sale 11 minutes into the game ROG kicks. Chabal catches and POC and rest of Munster drive him and the rest of the Sale front 8 back to their own 10 metre!

/FLEX
    I dont know how to do youtube links but here you go

Munster v Sale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Luckycharm wrote: »

Best Provincial game- 14 man leinster showing backbone to beat Munster in Magners final
    (

They had 13 at a time also !!

My fave memory is the 5 minutes after ROG kicked the penalty just before Clerc scored in Croker....I have a video clip of me and the excitement as I KNEW we were going to win the Grand Slam !! Those 5 odd minutes were the best! The rest of teh week THE WORST !!

2nd best was 2002 Landsdowne, Irl Vs Eng. Eng playing the last game of seaon for the GS and it was the 3rd season in a row they were in this situation, previously losing at the death to the Scots and Wales.

This time round Keith Wood was instrumental in beating them, class memories of the schoolboys stand jearing English fans as they left and best of all........

............Martin Johnosn receiving the Championship Trophy from El Pres with a massive scowl, like it was the wooden spoon ( cos they still actually won the 6N but lost the GS and the game on the day )

The next year they pulled it together, won the GS and then the world cup ! But then we beat them 1st game after RWC in Twickers...another great memory :D

This thread is fun !

Advertisement