Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energy from tea/coffee

Options
  • 22-02-2008 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,489 ✭✭✭✭

I am wondering roughly how much energy (kcal) is in an average mug of tea/coffee?

Low fat milk, no sugar.

I currently drink between 3-5 cups of either a day in work while just sitting at a desk and am wondering if there is high enough amount of energy out of them to make a difference against overall recommended cal intake.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

A cup of tea with no sugar and no milk is virtually calorie free ,if you like milk it it use skimmilk it would still be only 20-30 cals with fullfat milk

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Low fat milk, no sugar.

Depends how much milk. Somewhere between 5 and 30 calories probably.
    I currently drink between 3-5 cups of either a day in work while just sitting at a desk and am wondering if there is high enough amount of energy out of them to make a difference against overall recommended cal intake.

Depends on the amount. 5 x 30 (worst case) gives 150 which is about two apples or two digestives. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you're really trying to lower your intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,489 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Khannie wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you're really trying to lower your intake.

I had heard (not very reliably) a much higher figure and was just checking more than anything. Good new though, I could never give up my coffee!

Thanks

Advertisement