Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US/IRL] 4X04 - "Eggtown" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 22-02-2008 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SEEN "EGGTOWN" -

Episode Title: "Eggtown"
    Airdate: February 21st 2008

Synopsis (from TV.Com):
    Kate's need to get information out of the hostage may jeopardize her standing with Locke -- as well as with Sawyer.

Next New Episode: 4X05 -
    "The Constant"
    - February 28th 2008

SPOILER WARNING:

From now on, this thread shall reveal details of the episode mentioned above. If you have not yet seen this episode, please do not move any further down the thread.

This episode shall air on:

ABC (US) - February 21st 2008
    RTÉ (IRL) - February 25th 2008

If you are sure you have seen the episode as mentioned above (on the channels on those original airdates), you can move down further in order to discuss the episode.

Otherwise, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED - there shall be major plot details of the episode revealed and discussed below with no spoiler tags used!

What did you think of 'Eggtown'? 158 votes

0%
    5%
    digimanJosephmike24682rip2roarsugarkBaby4unclebill98Radharc na Sleibhte 8 votes
    10%
    Gavin WsteviecSnake PliskenmicksfergmcdNewaglishwba88im...LOSTkevmydarrenhmcgrailgyayamarkAlso Starring LeVar BurtonLawless_Samuraibb12_JOE_ 16 votes
    24%
    TomPepe LeFritskaimera[Deleted User]LFCFanSelikKur4mAJackzyom 1Legend_DITqzHungryJoeyKillaqueen!!!zeferfobsBawpsherepdemandjkeoghRAUL DUKEArmaniJeanss 39 votes
    27%
    mewsoBardBounty HunterGoodshapeMr EV9pickarooneyAdMMMHugh_CfjonOrionCatsmokinpotEppieAntiRipUser45701Stephen PdoonothingGlenmanMr.Nice GuyRon DMC 43 votes
    18%
    JTManCreatureDrag00n79PsychedelicChevano RileyPullMyFinger!matrimWastermonkeyfudgeziggyirishshogunBinkaDocOstag39Royale with CheeseBrianb8802anotherlostieFullOf..ITAgamemnonRyaller 29 votes
    7%
    jArgHAdamnyanksbugBasqSherifutvnutzJay Rucoidimac123The guypd101daisy123 12 votes
    1%
    Sir Digby Chicken CaesarFitzerProbby^5 3 votes
    3%
    Helixjor elRobin1982Jesus WeptTimmaayblackbox 6 votes
    1%
    DoolieMrVostro 2 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

basquille wrote: »
    Airdate: February 8th 2008

You're getting old, Bas.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Maybe hes having a flashback...lol

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Axwell wrote: »
    Great, now I've got tea all over my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

You're getting old, Bas.
    Axwell wrote: »
    Slag all ye want but ye missed that I also had the following in the original post:
    Episode Title: "Confirmed Dead"

That is up until I changed it a minute also.

basquille wrote: »
    Slag all ye want but ye missed that I also had the following in the original post:

That is up until I changed it a minute also.

Nope I noticed that but I was to lazy to edit the post. Also:
    WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SEEN "CONFIRMED DEAD" -

:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Seen as we are pointing out every mistake in it

This episode shall air on:

ABC (US) - February 21st 2008
    RTÉ (IRL) - February 25h 2008 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Note to self.. lock thread til episode has aired.

No more waffle now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

Well thats some cliffhanger.

More questions to be answered now......good aul lost

• Registered Users Posts: 39,534 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

The weakest of the season so far. But BAM! Nice reveal at the end.

Lots more questions now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

The episode was a bit meh, but then the end!:eek::eek: Didnt see that coming. thought the episode was setting us up to reveal that kate did in fact have sawyers baby, and that was why jack had issues with seeing him, but aaron?! claire must be on the way out.

gave it a 7, a good 7, the ending dragged its ass out of it getting a 6, still the weakest episode though

edit:also the whole miles meeting ben thing was an uber-letdown!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bytesize

One thing I really didnt like was the fact that Jin was able to form a perfect sentence with only being on the island for a little over 100 days and most of that was spent battling the others, pissed of with Sun etc etc. He hadn't got any, that i am aware of, English vocabulary when he landed on the island. So no way could his english progress so quickly. Unless Lost has teamed up with Heroes and Jin has some super sponge instead of a brain. At this rate by season 5 he'll be having full blown conversations

• Registered Users Posts: 9,041 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Meh, I'll give it a 6. Worst of the season so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mike24682

gave it a 10 - fav. episode of the series so far. loved the court case, was kept wondering what would happen to Kate. Great twist at end - just when you think Kate's life has finally been sorted.

What was 'Eggtown' title about though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Chevano Riley

geh, didn't think much of that at all. and i saw the twist coming, all this talk of Kate's baby without using his name was a giveaway. I just do not care about Kate or her boring little love triangle whatsoever.

And the Miles/Ben thing didn't have any oomph.

Interestingly Jack said in court that 8 people survived the crash, and then of course 6 made it off? Really makes one curious what story they concocted to avoid having to talk about Smokey and Jacob and polar bears.

Oceanic Six are now: Jack, Sayid, Kate, Ben, Hurley and Aaron. (Unless Ben made his own way off, which is possible). However, Aaron isn't one of the eight who Jack claims survives the crash, because he obviously wasn't born yet... hmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

really bad episode

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Oceanic Six are now: Jack, Sayid, Kate, Ben, Hurley and Aaron. (Unless Ben made his own way off, which is possible). However, Aaron isn't one of the eight who Jack claims survives the crash, because he obviously wasn't born yet... hmmm.

i think sawyer was mentioned in the first flash forward as well coz i am under the impression he got off too. why is jack so freaked about seeing Aaron, because he is his half-nephew maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Everything up until the last 5 seconds was fairly uninteresting and average. It will be interesting to see where they are going with it though. To the world only 8 survived the crash,what the hell happened to everyone else? Did all them stay or die or what? And why does Kate have Aaron? And why can't anyone in the cast pronounce Aaron? :rolleyes:

5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Interestingly Jack said in court that 8 people survived the crash, and then of course 6 made it off? Really makes one curious what story they concocted to avoid having to talk about Smokey and Jacob and polar bears.

I figure that was just a lie of convenience. For example, for Aaron to be alive, Claire would have had to survive the crash, but since she, apparently, hasn't gotten off the island they would have had to say that she survived the crash and later died.

I was maybe thinking that the last one of the 6 could be Sun. If Jin was to kick the bucket, she would likely leave to bring up her child at home. And, it would play into a lie similar to that of Claire that Jin survived the crash, got Sun knocked up, and later died. Thus it would explain her pregnancy. I know it's a bit of a far out idea, but meh.

It would make the "8 survivors" Jack, Kate, Sayid, Hurley, Claire, Jin, Sun and someone else. Then Jin, Claire and someone else kick the bucket leaving the Oceanic 6 as Jack, Kate, Sayid, Hurley, Aaron and Sun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm still gathering my thoughts on this episode but regarding Jack's testimony: how the hell did their cover story include them arriving on an island in the South Pacific? That's no where near the Sunda Trench (where the supposed fake plane was found) which is off the coast of Indonesia in the Indian Ocean.

I mean the plane was going Sydney to LA. Why would the conspirators place the wreckage in the Indian Ocean? How could they possibly explain the plane ending up there? And now we have Future-Jack claiming 8 of them landed in the water and swam to an island in the South Pacific.

What the f**k is going on here?

Either the writers don't have a map or there's something much bigger to be revealed. I'm not so sure that plane is fake anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

defintily the wprst ep of the season so far, why hasn't Jack asked Faraday bout the experiment and what the hell was going on with the cards. seen the ending coming a mile off! giving this ep a 5

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

A 6 for me. This was like a bad episode of Brookside!

Cant say Im loving these Flashfowards so far, there's too much time to fill in between the present time and the time they take place in the future

Meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

7/10

And I think I was being kind with that score.

I haven't really liked the flash forwards so far, but only thing that redeemed itself was the "sawyers baby revelation", i wonder where sawyer is in the future? i hope they aren't going to kill him off...

It's getting annoying trying to make out where they are going with the plot, i know its only the start of the season, but every season they leave a lot of questions unanswered and then they try to dazzle you with new questions.

It's becoming a little tedious.

Oh btw! is it just me or does anyone else hate Jack?

It was a bit boring I thought. The whole court case was quite boring. The bit with miles meeting Ben had the potential to be brilliant but turned out to be crap although I do wonder why he needed exactly 3.2 million. I seen the bit about erin coming a mile off.

I wonder what happened to the helicopter though. What's so special about that number they rang?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Ah I liked that episode a lot! Loads going on! I mean, we found out what happens to Kate when she gets off the island, how she doesn't go to jail and stuff, that's HUGE! I was only watching series one recently, I can't believe we're finding out off-island stuff before they even get off the island, not only is evry second of the flash forwards a clue, it's flippin' thrilling!

Series four is so good so far!

7/10!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Jack says 8 survived the crash, landed in the water and kate help him swim to the shore. Right before Kate interrupts him he says 'she tried to save the other two but they didn't....[interrupted by Kate]' My interpretation is that two people died in the water or possibly on the island. Why they settled on this story I don't know. I guess that will be revealed in season 5 or 6.

Really poor episode this week, turning into the last-5-second-wtf-flash-forward season. Mostly boring except for a few scraps of information.

5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭jmcwobbles

Yeah I agree it was the worst episode so far, but that's mainly cos the season has been FAB so far... Didn't see the Erin thing coming at all, that was a bit of a shocker - but the main thing I'm wondering about was Faraday and Charlotte with the cards, what was that all about??? Something to do with memory??? Are they bringing in memory issues as well as time issues now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I'll give it a seven.

The best bit was definitely
    Locke shoving a grenade in Miles' mouth
    . Freakin' hilarious!

And, yes, it does raise more questions, but was entertaining nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Robin1982

Dreadfully poor episode. The 6th person is Michael. Remember the memorial?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I don't know what people were expecting from the episode - we can't expect to have all the major questions revealed every week. I really liked this episode, especially after last weeks one, which I didn't think was great. I'll give Eggtown a 9.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 concobhar

Robin1982 wrote: »
    Dreadfully poor episode. The 6th person is Michael. Remember the memorial?

If the oceanic six are celebs, there would hardly be nobody turning up at one of their funerals.

Advertisement