Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is tesco brand beef ok

Options
  • 21-02-2008 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭

the reason I ask is because its alot cheaper than the traceible back to the farmer brand like angus sirloin.

I get 3 good lean sirloin steaks for 8 euro in the tesco brand packaging and I usually eat a piece sometimes 2 a day

As far as taste goes its lovely

It says on the pack its irish beef, is this definitely true

Bottom line I dont want to catch a dose of mad cow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

The rules about what you can sell in Ireland and how you must label it are pretty strict. If it says Irish beef, it should be. I keep a close eye on prices, and I don't remember Tesco beef being any cheaper than Dunnes. They occasionally drop the price as a sale feature, but the normal price is not that cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

EileenG wrote: »
    . If it says Irish beef, it should be.

Isn't a lot of our chicken imported through the Netherlands but it gets packaged here so is called Irish? Not sure if it happens with beef but you never see Brazilian marked beef in the supermarkets yet the farmers are going mental about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

is there actually anything wrong with it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

It says on the pack its irish beef, is this definitely true

Yes.
    Bottom line I dont want to catch a dose of mad cow

You wont.

You could probably get better quality meat for the same price at your local butchers though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

jdivision wrote: »
    you never see Brazilian marked beef in the supermarkets yet the farmers are going mental about it.

This ends up in restaurants.

• Advertisement
Advertisement