Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you reckon to this...

Options
  • 20-02-2008 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Since the New Year I have changed some habits that have caused me to stay overweight no matter how much exercise or how fit I am. I have cut of biscuit binges, sugar in tea (which is a lot considering I used to take circa 25 cups of tea a week with 2 sugars in each!!!) and decreased take always also. My current diet Monday to Friday is...
    7.30 Orange
    10.30 Toasted Cereal with a low fat yogurt (high in carbs so would like alternatives)

13.00 Soup and a wholegrain roll from Spar (need to change this also)

18.00 Usually a veg stir fry with chicken, beef or pork. Other days its scrambled egg, lean rashers with corn on the cob.

For the evening I would pick at grapes, casue nuts and Jaffa cakes when it’s a training night!

I would be good at keeping to this but the weekends can be tough as I'm usually out an about playing football or meeting friends! What ready to eat food can you buy from shops or food halls that would help in my weigh loss attempt!!

Cheers in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

How about porridge instead of the cereal? If you don't want to cook, then soak it in milk and leave it in the fridge overnight, and it will go lovely and soft. Grate some apple over it or sprinkle some seeds on it.

For lunch, I'd buy a bag of ready-to-eat salad or spinach and eat it with some tuna or salmon or cottage or grated cheese.

Dinner sounds fine.

Nuts are a very handy snack for on the go, and most supermarkets now carry little packets of seeds for around 99 cent.

You can generally get whatever you want to eat if you ask for it. I don't often eat bread, but I've found most sandwich places will give you the sandwich filling (ie, chicken salad!) in a box, and often charge less for it too. Restaurants will always give you a salad or green veg instead of the rice or pasta if you ask.

Advertisement