Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Boosh Experience

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

boosh boosh, stronger than a moose!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

don't lock th door or we'll come through your rooftops!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Did nobody else find the radio show first?

About 3 years ago someone on LJ posted a link to a page espousing the virtues of the radio show, which I duly sourced and enjoyed. A good while later I heard about the TV show but, not having access to the Beeb at the time I couldn't check it out and a few comments seemed to suggest it wasn't great. Eventually I moved to the UK and saw Season 3 on TV, at which point I was hooked.

"Sushi? I'm talking about eels, boy! Live eels wriggling around inside your belly! Exploring your organs like internal black wangers!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I first heard of them when they appeared on Jonathan Ross one night. The clip they showed was terrible but they way they talked about the show piqued my interest. Then a few weeks later I saw that it was on TV that night and tuned in. It was the one where they went to Monkey Hell and it won me over. I just sat there completely charmed by the whole thing. The next episode was Tundra and that just cemented it. Any time I've tried to get people into it, they are the 2 episodes I show them.

ha, jonathon ross was my first intro too! my housemate watched the woss show religiously, and had apparently come across the boosh before, and made me watch it,a nd told me i'd love it.. it was a good few months after that that i actually got into it. had to put up with two mates quoting it consistently too. like i say, i knew the calm a llama down song before i ever watched the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Fysh wrote: »
    Did nobody else find the radio show first?

About 3 years ago someone on LJ posted a link to a page espousing the virtues of the radio show, which I duly sourced and enjoyed. A good while later I heard about the TV show but, not having access to the Beeb at the time I couldn't check it out and a few comments seemed to suggest it wasn't great. Eventually I moved to the UK and saw Season 3 on TV, at which point I was hooked.

"Sushi? I'm talking about eels, boy! Live eels wriggling around inside your belly! Exploring your organs like internal black wangers!"

The first Boosh episode I saw was 'The Priest and the Beast', Spider and Rudy's search for the New Sound. While I didn't hate it, I didn't really like it all that much (it's still my least favorite episode). It was only last when I heard an episode of the radio show last summer that I understood the genius that is the Boosh. I'd say I watched all three series over the course of a week:D

As for watching it drunk or stoned, I wouldn't be a fan, especially if it's the first time watching it. It's just too good a show to waste :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

i'd heard of it but had no idea what it was, then i got into Noel Fielding's comedy (the miracle of YouTube) and keep hearing about the Boosh obviously... so i found the Killeroo and wasn't overly impressed if im honest... the only other one i could find then was Electro, and that converted me.
    watched the 3 seasons then in 3 days, by Tundra there was no going back. when i was finished i went and bought the DVDs, downloaded the radio series from iTunes, and went about getting tickets to the live show!
    i've converted my brothers and a couple other people... my parents don't get it but they only watched Killeroo, i told them to watch Tundra but they ignored me and just set the DVD going. i might try them with Tundra again sometime... Tundra or Milky Joe have been the most effective conversion episodes in my experience.

oh man, was in work today, (i work with kids) and girl at work said that the one i wanted was the oblong box.

i nearly pissed myself laughing cos she said oblong.
    i warned her that she coudl get fired for saying that, but she just didnt undersatnd, and i could barely breath from som much laughing.

Advertisement