Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

starting weight watchers

Options
  • 17-02-2008 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭

I have been trying to get into shape for years but I keep Sabitoshing myself with beer and junk food binges I know a good bit about nutrition and exercise but what i think I lack is a support system and someone to be accountable to.I am thinking of joining weight watchers so I have a few questions

1.is it ok that I stick to my healthy workouts and nutritional programme I want to join weight watchers for support and accountability only?

2. im 20.5 stone 6ft tall and male, how many points would I be allowed daily?

3.if I do weights for 45 mins 3 times a week and 20 minute intense cardio workout 3 times a week how many points would I be allowed then?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Hi Timetogetfit

Fairly recent convert myself. First the core plan would probably work best for you because you don't have to weigh foods, there's a list of foods with 0 points and you eat as much as you like of them, till you're full or at least should be full. You then also get 21 points to use on drink, bread, sweets and treats, you can add another 12 points with excercise which you easily will have with your plan.
    Basically WW will give you the support and then you go from there. You will probably find that your healthy diet will fit quiet well with their plans.
    I'm trying hard on points plan, giving up bread very hard for me because I'm on the road so much and a sambo is generally the only thing I know I can get anywhere. I'm 12 lbs down but have another 1.5 stone to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

if I do weights for 45 mins 3 times a week
    WW could be a problem so. AFAIK they focus solely on weight loss, rather than fat loss. I probably would have been thrown out! since I never lost weight for a good 6-12months, but lost a fair amount of fat over that same time.
    you don't have to weigh foods,
    IMHO weighing food, and figuring out your own portion sizes is vital. You do not have to weigh every food, but should get used to what portions you need, and the calorific content of foods.
    I realise you were talking of "zero point" foods there, but a scales is a great investment and doesnt lie to you, like your eyes can if you are hungry.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-200-calories-look-like.htm

Advertisement