Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adding why to porridge?

Options
  • 17-02-2008 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

is this ok to do, or does the heat damage the protein at all? also, should you add it before cooking the porridge (in the microwave in my case) or just when it's cooked and before you eat it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

Its doesnt damage it and you can add it whenever what i usually do is put some whey into a cup and the add a little water and make a pasty smudge and then add that to the cooked porridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

it's fine, I generally add mine after the porridge is cooked as I find the whey gets lumpy and doesn't mix well if it's been microwaved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

thanks guys - apologies for the typo in the title :o

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I just mix with cold milk and add the porridge oats and don't cook at all.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I mix the oats with the whey powder and stir before adding water. Find this helps it mix properly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement