Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photograph Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

There's a lot of well known features in the pic. so maybe i should have asked where it's taken from?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

is that taken from somewhere around St Leonards/Saltmills lookin out on bannow?

looks seriously familiar can you post a bigger version?

sam_mom1 wrote: »
    Shall i bring my wellies???
    that'd be a given

looks seriously familiar can you post a bigger version?

Here's the centre of the shot any bigger and it would be too easy:p

Two good landmarks on each side of the photo. Where was it taken from?

picture.php?albumid=228&pictureid=1188

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sam_mom1

taken from the hook lighthouse????

• Advertisement

sam_mom1 wrote: »
    taken from the hook lighthouse????

From the very top :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

the GALL wrote: »
    It's weird how they look the same
    All Cistercian abbeys follow the same basic architectural layout, as set out by Saint Bernard in the early twelfth century.
    have the OPW actually finished puttin a roof back on the bit wit the stained glass window?
    Yes.
    course the OPW stuck their oar in so is not as cool as when we were kids and you could actually climb up along the battlememts that you can see in the photo
    The OPW hasn't stopped people doing that; just discouraged it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

europerson wrote: »
    All Cistercian abbeys follow the same basic architectural layout, as set out by Saint Bernard in the early twelfth century.

Yes.

The OPW hasn't stopped people doing that; just discouraged it. ;)
    sorry europerson,
    still not convienced it's dunbroddy abbey
    I took my photo from the same spot you took yours (on the bridge or in the ruin(which would be the old church) just off the bridge)

WOOOO HOOOOO :D:D:D

am i supposed to put a pic up now??? cause me not got any decent ones at the moment...

someone else do it, cause i know you guys are great :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

OK, so here goes, its easy if you're from the area !
    Q. Where this place & where did I take it from ?
    (Note: some may know straight away, pls hold off & give others a chance !)

E65F5C8F9A574078B9AC68A73DEAA10F-500.jpg

• Advertisement

i know where it is but not 100% sure where it taken from, just want to say thats a feckin cool photo though, for some reason it looks like its a model church not the real thing hahahaha

Thanks..
    its a model church not the real thing hahahaha
    Yep, that was the idea.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Its Enniscorthys Cathedral. the snap seems to be taken from the shannon side of town or maybe from the new Dunne stores roof/ steel silos that were there.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭thedarkroom

scaller wrote: »
    Its Enniscorthys Cathedral. the snap seems to be taken from the shannon side of town or maybe from the new Dunne stores roof/ steel silos that were there.

I'm curious, but not sure about that. Look at the background and look at the sequence of shots on the pix.ie site (I cheated) and I don't think it is Enniscorthy. Where would the elevated viewpoint be? I don't know where it is but I don't think it's Enniscorthy. I'm still looking to see where it could be though, how many places have a church or cathedral of that size?

Am waiting for Europerson to get this one!

He knows all when it comes to churches and cathedrals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Its Enniscorthys Cathedral. Probably high zoom from maltings / new dunnes stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

Yep it's the cathedral in enniscorthy alright. The orangish building in the background i think is Dawsons pub of the Duffry?

Where you were taking it is beyond me? Going out on a huge limb, Vinegar hill with a telescopic lens on the camera? It's the only point I can think of that would be high enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Think i know where he was taking that pic from Arseagon....

He was on top of.......

YORE MA!!!!

*scuttles away giggling maniacally........

HB

It's the cathedral alright but looking at the images in pixx.ie the high rise fields in the background dont exist or never existed the pub is Donohoes the houses are Patrick street the round steel roof is o,Conners coal yard and behind that is bellefield gaa grounds but the high rise fields should not be in the photo

Sorrie folks, I had forgotten about this post.
    Yep its Enniscorthy Cathederal alright, taken from Vinegar Hill with a Zoom lens.
    So.......next photo please.... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Vinegar Hill! What size lens did you use?
    Great pic!

It was with an old 100-300mm Pentax lens, probably taken at 300mm.

Background: I then loaded up the pic in Photoshop CS3 & used a Blur tool to blur the houses to enhance the Cathederal. I was going to delete the pic at first as there were too many distractions in it, but I liked the way the birds were just flying around the Cathederal, then when I zoomed in on the original pic I thought I'd give the Blur tool a try !

Here's a new one.

Nice photo.
    Is it the Wexford end of Curracloe beach ?

I thought that at first but I don't think it is, or else its a really old one.

Ballymoney??? ive never been there, but i think thats curracloe off in the distance so its must up the coast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Is it sheilbaggan?

I reckon its up around Castletown that looks like Tara hill in the background

Dunno I would have said Grange beach at Fethard

but I have horificaly wrong on most of these so far

• Advertisement

scaller wrote: »
    I reckon its up around Castletown that looks like Tara hill in the background

Scaller has it. It's the sand dunes south of the Coast Guard station at Kilmichael, looking south. The beach is called Kilpatrick. A great place for a few photographs (particularly at sunrise), good for birdwatching and generally just a nice place for a good walk.

Advertisement