Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest Conspiracy off them all

Options
  • 13-02-2008 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭

What is it?

The entire UFO conspiracy, Aids, who killed John F. Kennedy, 9/11, Religion, moon landings, consumerism, the ones we dont know about yet...

What do you think, personally the biggest conspiracy for me, is how there are millions starving to death/disease ravaged every year when the fact is that this situation exists because someone wants it to be that way/ has let it be that way...

There is no excuse for it really..

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Falsely claiming WMD in Iraq as a pretext for war (when "blood for oil" was the real motive), has to be in the top 10?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭rigormortis

The money system.

This is beyond question. Does not everyone work for the stuff for the majority of their lives, yet people do not know the first thing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    What do you think, personally the biggest conspiracy for me, is how there are millions starving to death/disease ravaged every year when the fact is that this situation exists because someone wants it to be that way/ has let it be that way...

Who exactly and why do they want to keep it this way?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Sols12

The money system.

This is beyond question. Does not everyone work for the stuff for the majority of their lives, yet people do not know the first thing about it.

I agree with this comment. Ive started seeing documentaries into how banks operate and its shocking what they get away with!

meglome wrote: »
    Who exactly and why do they want to keep it this way?

You really need to do some research. Are you aware that throughout Europe farmers are paid not to produce? That massive food silos exist for surplus food and that the North Sea is a dumping ground EU food stuff?

As for the reasons, Africa had been decemated by disease, war, resource grabs and exploitation. They do not want a stable continent and are pushing for an African Union.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

The money system.

Everybody knows something about it. Some people know more than others.

What "system" do you have a problem with? Is this going to be a rehash of the argument I had with someone else that simply didn't understand economics?

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Everybody knows something about it. Some people know more than others.

What "system" do you have a problem with? Is this going to be a rehash of the argument I had with someone else that simply didn't understand economics?

Economics? I have a PhD in international finance and I could not tell you the first thing about economics. Now I could teach you the theory for the next six months, no problem at all. The practice, now that is a different matter altogether.

I have a PhD in international finance...
    I doubt it. Nice feint to avoid discussing the topic, though.

I doubt it. Nice feint to avoid discussing the topic, though.

Discuss away, hit me with your best.

You could start by explaining why "the money system" is a conspiracy.

• Advertisement

You could start by explaining why "the money system" is a conspiracy.

I said I did not have the answers, i do have questions.

Where does "money" come from? Is it infact created out of thin air.

I said I did not have the answers, i do have questions.
    No, you said "the money system" is the biggest conspiracy of them all.
    Where does "money" come from? Is it infact created out of thin air.
    Strange - you'd imagine they'd have touched on that somewhere along the course of a PhD in International Finance.

No, you said "the money system" is the biggest conspiracy of them all.
    Yes exactly for this reason. You cannot get a straight answer and the whole process is clouded in mystery. You would think everyone could answer such a question, yet no one can. I believe you said earlier that you understood economics. Maybe you want to dispense some of that information.
    Strange - you'd imagine they'd have touched on that somewhere along the course of a PhD in International Finance.

No that is overlooked altogether. I have studied in depth econometrics, economics, finance, accounting, international relations, derivatives, corporate finance and so on. Not one mention of the most basic issue. How is "money" generated?

I have questioned, probed and nothing. Interestingly on one occasion I was told by a fairly well connected banker to drop the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

No that is overlooked altogether. I have studied in depth econometrics, economics, finance, accounting, international relations, derivatives, corporate finance and so on. Not one mention of the most basic issue. How is "money" generated?
    Where did you study? Who was your supervisor? What was your research topic? Was it published? What year did you defend, and against whom? You covered in-depth econometrics: does non-stationarity matter for OLS regressions? Do unit-roots matter for GMM regressions?

Did you really go through an undergraduate course without covering monetary economics? I'm currently in final year of an undergrad doing these courses and have know monetary economics is covered in first year's Introduction to Economics; second year's Intermediate Economics; third year's Economic Analysis, Monetary and Welfare Economics, The European Economy; and fourth year's Economic Theory, Monetary Thought and Policy. I imagine it's also taught in courses like International Economics but I can't swear by it.

You ask how money is generated. Can you answer me why this is an important question? Even if we don't know/fail to understand/actively contrive the process, do the results not matter more? Or are you more of a methodologist, but one with a PhD in economics who doesn't grasp seigneurage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

Where does "money" come from? Is it infact created out of thin air....

How is "money" generated?
    i dont have the first clue about finance/ economics, but i thought everyone knew that it comes from the old bartering system, when nearly everybody were producers of tangible goods/ services. (you give me that nice pair of running shoes with the tick on the side, that you had made in your asian sweatshop, and ill give you one of these orangybrown cotton-paper notes, and two of these blue ones) its just a whole lot easier to deal with money, when we cant all exchange part of what we do for a living for the products/ services of others

think it was invented by the greeks, btw, but then again i dont have a clue, coulda been the romans

Ibid wrote: »
    You ask how money is generated. Can you answer me why this is an important question? Even if we don't know/fail to understand/actively contrive the process, do the results not matter more? Or are you more of a methodologist, but one with a PhD in economics who doesn't grasp seigneurage?

Your opening remarks were babble.

Give it a rest. From Rothschild himself;"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes her laws."

What is it with people throwing around a few terms? I could throw terms around all day long. Does not affect the situation. I asked a question to someone who proclaimed to know the working of the monetary system.

He could not answer a simple question, as you also cannot.

As for seigneurage, how this applies to this question I have no idea, can you explain?

I'll ask again; How is "money" produced? You say you have four years education in the area, then this should not be a difficult task, you freely throw terms around, feel free to apply them together in a meaningful manner.

i dont have the first clue about finance/ economics,
    Thats not a problem at all. This is a simple question that, if it were not a scam it could and should be understood by everyone.

We have people here who have self proclaimed knowledge of the area and they cannot answer a simple question on which is based the economic system as a whole.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Casey, dont get so hung up on the money aspect, wonder about how wealth is generated and stored these days, tis a much more interestin question

Your opening remarks were babble.
    No they weren't. They're questions to ascertain the validity of your claims. I don't think asking what your research topic for your PhD can be considered "throwing terms around."
    He could not answer a simple question, as you also cannot.
    I can. I doubt you'll understand or agree with me unless you actually have that PhD you claim to have, though. It's a complicated topic that I'm not willing to broach with someone not willing to back up their claims. Unless you wish to verify your knowledge of advanced econometrics, I see no point in discussing this with you.

So I'll ask the "babble" questions again:

Where did you study?
    Who was your supervisor?
    What was your research topic?
    Was it published?
    What year did you defend, and against whom?
    Does non-stationarity matter for OLS regressions?
    Do unit-roots matter for GMM regressions?
    Did you really go through an undergraduate course without covering monetary economics?

I can. I doubt you'll understand or agree with me unless you actually have that PhD you claim to have, though. It's a complicated topic that I'm not willing to broach with someone not willing to back up their claims. Unless you wish to verify your knowledge of advanced econometrics, I see no point in discussing this with you.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I suggest you take the approach OscarBravo took. Go away, know when you have said something irrational, you can't back it up and no amount of schoolboy tatter will cover up that fact.

This does not come across at all well. It is a simple question, you claim to have an answer.
    You have no idea where "money" comes from. That is the fact of the case, you could not possibly know.

Where does money come from?

You did not explain your mentioning of seigneurage in relation to the money creation process. Econometrics? another topic with no connection to the money making process.

As for my credentials, just you spout out a few relevant statements in relation to the topic and we will take it from there. We'll find out who knows what.

At the moment you are nothing other than a prancing, posing trinity student who thinks people will respect you based on your background. Not in this case, your bluff has been called.

Walk the Walk.

• Advertisement

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Wow, six smilies, you really must be scared!
    I suggest you take the approach OscarBravo took. Go away, know when you have said something irrational, you can't back it up and no amount of schoolboy tatter will cover up that fact.
    oscarBravo took no such approach, casey. Don't lecture me about rationality until you verify your qualifications ;). Also, I lawled at the "you can't back .. up" thing. PhD?
    This does not come across at all well. It is a simple question, you claim to have an answer.
    I do. It's a complicated topic that will take a good fifteen minutes to type that most people won't understand, just as most people wouldn't understand the answer to 'where do lasers come from?' I'm a busy man. Verify that you've a basic knowledge of lasers before I answer. You made a claim: back it up. This is the Conspiracy Theories forum, after all. If you fail to back it - and this is the third time I've asked you to now - I'm just going to assume you're bullshitting and won't waste my time.
    You have no idea where "money" comes from. That is the fact of the case, you could not possibly know.
    It's a "fact" eh? Back that up, CT boy.
    As for my credentials, just you spout out a few relevant statements in relation to the topic and we will take it from there. We'll find out who knows what.
    Well I asked you what the relevant topic was when I asked what your research topic was. Feel free to spin my questions on non-stationarity and GMM into statements. In fact I'll do it for you: "Non-stationary data isn't very important for OLS regressions"
    "Generalized Methods of Moments regressions have nothing to do with unit roots"

Discuss. If that's not relevant to your topic, despite it being basic econometrics which you claim to have covered to an advanced level, I'm going to ask what your research topic was. Again.

You asserted you had a PhD before I asserted anything about knowledge of money. The ball is firmly in your court. I'm not going to answer anything because you've shown a deft ability to fail to answer questions when put to you, twice. I'm concerned you'll do this to this very post (prove me wrong, please) and particularly concerned you'll all but ignore the questions if I speak at length about monetary matters. Verify your claims and I promise I'll provide you with a fine and detailed account.

Now, I've left with you with some simple questions to answer. I give you my word that if you can answer them adequately (they're all very simple), I'll come back with an economic account money creation. Until then, I'm done with this thread.

Listen, I said to stop digging. If you look at this thread it is to do with the biggest conspiracy. I cited the money system, this was debated, I then proposed a question. Where does money come from?

Next thing we have you running your mouth off. I said I had no idea where money comes form. I don't.

You claim to know. As for this being a complicated topic. I can't see how that would be the case.

As for that being your last post on this thread, good idea. Cut your losses.

What a joke.

Economics? I have a PhD in international finance and I could not tell you the first thing about economics.
    Where did you study? Who was your supervisor? What was your research topic? Was it published? What year did you defend, and against whom? You covered in-depth econometrics: does non-stationarity matter for OLS regressions? Do unit-roots matter for GMM regressions?
    Where did you study?
    Who was your supervisor?
    What was your research topic?
    Was it published?
    What year did you defend, and against whom?
    Does non-stationarity matter for OLS regressions?
    Do unit-roots matter for GMM regressions?
    Did you really go through an undergraduate course without covering monetary economics?
    I've left with you with some simple questions to answer. I give you my word that if you can answer them adequately (they're all very simple), I'll come back with an economic account money creation. Until then, I'm done with this thread.
    As for this being a complicated topic. I can't see how that would be the case.
    I can't see why you're failing to answer my questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

Why are economics students allways so bloody arrogant. I swear from talking to those that I know that its become something of a religion.

That said rigormortis you are being quite evasive.

On a more topic related note I think that the global "conspiracy" you speak of is really just plain old laissez faire capitalism. In any competition based economic model there are winners and there are losers. The degree to which a society allows the gap between the two to widen is a judgement of its character and, from what I have seen/read/experianced we're all a part of it.
    We all consume the products of sweat shops, we all conveiniently ignore the blatent criminality of the governments in power today(complain though we may) and I dont see that changing any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Next thing we have you running your mouth off. I said I had no idea where money comes form. I don't.

Ah now casey that simple isn't true, you stated that you have no idea where money comes from, despite having a "PhD in economics". Which is essentially an appeal to authority. You're going "Hey I've studied this and even I don't know where money comes from!". Ibid then asked you some simple questions which anyone with a PhD in economics should be able to answer, at which point you went into a tremendous huff.

What a joke.

Yes, yes you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Why is rigormortis banned?

For me, capitalism is the biggest conspiracy. The whole system of control. It rules everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Not sure why he was banned. Can't see anything he said that would warrant it, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

humanji wrote: »
    Not sure why he was banned. Can't see anything he said that would warrant it, really.

I dunno either but it's quite likely that's not the only login he's using to back-up his own posts. He was driving me crazy as he never answers anything directly and he's walking misdirection but that's not reason for banning - maybe it should be :D

I banned him because he's a liar and a troll, and not even a particularly entertaining one. Also because he appealed to the admins for a second chance, was given it, squandered it, and DeVore instructed that he be banned on sight.

I gave him several more days after that, and all he could come up with was a fictional PhD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Eero New

I banned him because he's a liar and a troll, and not even a particularly entertaining one. Also because he appealed to the admins for a second chance, was given it, squandered it, and DeVore instructed that he be banned on sight.

I gave him several more days after that, and all he could come up with was a fictional PhD.

He was more entertaining than you anyway oscar.

Sure when he was really entertaining he didnt last a crack, banned straight away, I believe he was playing it straight down the line the last time but still got banned.

Oh, and this is conspiracy theories, which reflects the nature of hard evidence which is available out there to convince the unconvincable.

But whatever keeps little people like you satisfied with your 'authority' position. Its a bit like the cops, if you didnt ban the odd person you couldnt justify your being here.

troll.jpg

Advertisement