Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whiskey budget

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

1carrot2 wrote: »
    If you are thinking of buying a bottle of premium whiskey locally, buy it sooner rather than later.
    Irish Distillers, who market Jameson, Power, Paddy, Redbreast, Greenspot, Dungourney, Midleton, etc, are increasing their prices from March 10th.

Ah crap! Why are Irish Distillers increasing there prices?

On another note anyone know where to get a bottle of Redbreast 15yo, I've checked around and can't seem to find it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

You can only get them in the Celtic Whiskey Shop in Ireland and I think they've run out, but they are avaiable at la Maison du Whisky in Paris and some places in Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

I checked the la Maison du Whisky website and they only seem to have the 12 yo Redbreast but thanks for the suggestion mate.

They must be out. The 15 was actually made to celebrate La Maison du Whisky's anniversary.

Are you in Dublin? I bought loads of bottles, so if you want one, let me know.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I'll be calling into the Maison du Whisky this weekend and cal ask them if you like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 1carrot2

On another note anyone know where to get a bottle of Redbreast 15yo, I've checked around and can't seem to find it anywhere.
    Mc Hugh's off-licence in Kilbarrack Road have a lot of stock of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nonemoreblack

Ah crap! Why are Irish Distillers increasing there prices?
    QUOTE]

Good question, they're already very pricy on their premium whiskeys. Certainly when you compare them to Scotch whiskies of a similar quality.

I think the simply answer is 'because they can'. They can do it and get away with it. Spirits are already expensive here so whats a few more Euro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

Ginger wrote: »
    Must be... I dunno what to look for yet, but its kinda a present for me, for my 30th birthday.

But then again my usual thing is to buy a jameson 18 on my way through duty free. Because I live in Norway, we do actually get duty free so a bottle of that is about 72€

Picked me up some Jameson 12yo in the Duty Free in the US, only $35. That's €25 or so. Unreal value, but dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

I got the 18yo in Schipol for 55€ I was so annoyed i couldnt bring more bottles!

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

Brockagh wrote: »
    Yeah, I heard that. Midleton VR is already way overpriced, but it's just for the gift market anyway. People buying presents are just as likely to pay 120 as 150.

What do you mean - just for the "gift market" - I happen to think it's an exceptional whiskey and would drink it daily if only I could afford too :D

• Advertisement

shanel23 wrote: »
    What do you mean - just for the "gift market" - I happen to think it's an exceptional whiskey and would drink it daily if only I could afford too :D

It is an excellent whiskey, but most of it is bought as gifts. It is worth about €60, that's all. The best ones are the newer ones, as they contain the oldest whiskey - not that this is always the barometer. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

Ok - I'll agree most are bought as gifts - mind you I've bought a few as gifts for myself too :D - Currently enjoying an '01 and mmmmmh it's nice

Advertisement