Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4gb usb keys for 16.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Good find :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Cant find a speed rating for this device, certainly not the 'Data Transfer Rate 480 MB/sec' that they claim.

Ordered the 8gb one for €30, free delivery.

'Thank You! We Appreciate your Business!
    Your Order Number is: 126'

slightly worrying...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

If any boardsies ordered these I'd be interested to know if you receive your order.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briman1983

their prices are about 20% cheaper that what you would get on ebay.ie so it's possible to get drives for around their prices alright

• Advertisement

Received dispatch confirmation

'Date Ordered: Tuesday 05 February, 2008

Your order has been updated to the following status:
    New status: Dispatched

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.'

Paid through payapl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭green123

from their website :

Pixels was founded by Paul Murphy and Colin O'Mahony and first opened on Dublin's Upper Liffey Street, Dublin 1 (Just off Henry Street), in June 2000. In 2003 we opened our second store on Baggot Street, Dublin 2 and in 2006 we opened our third store on South Anne Street, Dublin 1 (Just off Grafton Street).

anyone know these shops ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ch750536 wrote: »
    Received dispatch confirmation

'Date Ordered: Tuesday 05 February, 2008

Your order has been updated to the following status:
    New status: Dispatched

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.'

Paid through payapl
    Ditto.

Hopefully it won't take too long to deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

Ordered the 4gb Canon USB Stick

Thanks for shopping with us today!
    The following are the details of your order.
    Order Number: 137

Cant really go wrong with that.

Free delivery is a great bonus..its what usually puts me off purchasing items over HTTP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

green123 wrote: »
    from their website :

Pixels was founded by Paul Murphy and Colin O'Mahony and first opened on Dublin's Upper Liffey Street, Dublin 1 (Just off Henry Street), in June 2000. In 2003 we opened our second store on Baggot Street, Dublin 2 and in 2006 we opened our third store on South Anne Street, Dublin 1 (Just off Grafton Street).

There shop on South Anne St. has been open a long time, was in it only a week ago. I'd imagine that they're reputable, certainly wouldn't have a problem buying in the bricks-and-mortar shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

steps_3314 wrote: »
    Ordered the 4gb Canon USB Stick

The brand name is CANYON and not the more reputable Canon brand that you put.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭robvam

anyone get their's yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Order number 139
    Aluminium housing should be sturdy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

I was order number 127. Orderded the 8GB on Tuesday night, paid by Paypal and it arrived today. Can't beat that really.....
    According to the packaging it has a Max Transfer Rate up to 480Mbps. Doesen't say it on the box but works fine with my Vista.

Dazzy wrote: »
    I was order number 127. Orderded the 8GB on Tuesday night, paid by Paypal and it arrived today. Can't beat that really.....
    According to the packaging it has a Max Transfer Rate up to 480Mbps. Doesen't say it on the box but works fine with my Vista.

believe me that rating is rubbish, all usb devices have a max transfer rate pf 480 mbps. It depends on the speed of the chips.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Silly question, but it's hard to tell from the pic on the site, does it have a hook or clip or something to clip it on to a keyring?

(I'm not above using some duct tape but a clip would be better :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Yep, it has a hook on the end.... There's even a strap in the packet for hanging it around your neck.

Cool, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Solid delivery.

Mine prolly arrived yday too but I missed it in the work post box. Got it there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭bat boy

Anyone confirm how fast these actually transfer files at? Really need to get one for college, looks like a great deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

robvam wrote: »
    anyone get their's yet?

got mine this morning..only ordered it yesterday.

pretty good response time...would use them again

havent tried the usb stick yet though..cant see any problems arising with it tba

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

So how speedy is it? How long to transfer a 1gb file.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

green123 wrote: »
    from their website :

I know the baggot street one, bought two cameras in there, staff are always very friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

skywalker wrote: »
    So how speedy is it? How long to transfer a 1gb file.
    ditto. would like to know speeds if possible...

Ordered one today at 12:30, got a mail in at 13:30 to say it's been dispatched. That's a pretty decent response time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭MrVostro

If the speed isnt mentioned in the tech details then you can bet its rubbish speed.

If you want to check ring up the shop and ask them. There is obviously a reason they are not publishing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Ordered one yesterday at 13:00 received it this morn at 09:00 - Great Service.

@ You Vostro~I cant testify about the speed right now because my pc is absoluely flooded with Dl's and such.

But its 4GB for €17 - Well Worth it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

if you're gagging for space, 7dayshop have 8 gig SDHC cards for £16.99 + p+p

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭robvam

I bought one of the 4GB's and I downloaded a movie to it. It took 30mins for 2.4GB to download. Not bad.

• Advertisement

on my 8gb:

21 497 KB/sec read (20MB)
    4 908 KB/sec write (4MB)

test on winxp whilst running other stuff & downloading other stuff. File was 637 MB,

So, this would be a minimum spec, as such the read is excellent, write is poor. Im using it for mp3 library, ideal as typically write once read loads.

Good find, great service. Cheers OP.

33 mins to fill the drive in one write session.
    6 mins the read the drive in one read session.

Advertisement