Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"youguys"

Options
  • 31-01-2008 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hello, I work in the service sector, insurance, and lately my head has been tormented by people using the word "guy". No matter wether people are refering to man, woman, child or beast, guy is the chosen phrase. If its not "hi guys" its "you guys", "our guys", "their guys", "where are we going for lunch, guys?", "can I help you, guys", "thats all, Guys". It is really leading me to question my existance. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oddest first post I've ever read..

.. never bothered me to be honest!

EDIT: And when I read the thread title, all I could think of was this:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I used to work with someone who always referred to his guys when talking about anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭thecleverone

I have to say i overuse the word "lads". If i say i'm going out for a drink with the lads, i don't necessarily mean guys. Its usually a combination of guys and gals. And this is coming from a girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭WiDGe->

i know a guy who's name is guy - bet you'd love him

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Hello, I work in the service sector, insurance, and lately my head has been tormented by people using the word "guy". No matter wether people are refering to man, woman, child or beast, guy is the chosen phrase. If its not "hi guys" its "you guys", "our guys", "their guys", "where are we going for lunch, guys?", "can I help you, guys", "thats all, Guys". It is really leading me to question my existance. Any thoughts?

Go against the grain! Refer to males as 'bollox', and females as 'cunt'.

This will make you happier in your work-life and in life in general and it will free up more time for you to (over)think things like this and post about them. Win win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead likes the cut of this karencahill character. And before anybody says it, you're wrong. It has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the fact her name is a cunningly disguised anagram inviting us to lick her anal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I have to say i overuse the word "lads". If i say i'm going out for a drink with the lads, i don't necessarily mean guys. Its usually a combination of guys and gals. And this is coming from a girl.

At a very dodgy but strangely, firmly-footed guess, you'd be from Offaly or one of the other 30 counties (Dublin excluded naturally where such a phrase would be laughed outta da gaff. Loike)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Pighead wrote: »
    Pighead likes the cut of this karencahill character. And before anybody says it, you're wrong. It has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the fact her name is a cunningly disguised anagram inviting us to lick her anal
    Oh Christ...

.. best Pighead post in a long time! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Referring to group of girls - "girls"

Referring to group of guys - "guys"

Referring to mixed group - "guys" (unless i can think of an alternative like "<girls name(s)> and the guys").

Also, seconding the sloth'ness of the thread title.

If she says 'lads' instead of 'guys', my guess (firmly-footed again) is she would just 'plop and go' which wouldn't float my scatless boat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Back on form.
    I think Pighead is Karen Cahill just to get the gag in. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 karencahill

So people don't think Dublin has turned into a poor "guys" LA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

No.

I presume you're the one in the office who moans about f*cking everything so?

Also, Pighead, genius.

No. It's just very, very poor.

rb_ie wrote: »
    No.

I presume you're the one in the office who moans about f*cking everything so?

Also, Pighead, genius.

No, I just treat people with respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Hey Guys.

What do u think of that Guy Richie guy?

No, I just treat people with respect.

Maybe you should try quitting life?See how that works out?

rb_ie wrote: »

Maybe you should try quitting life?See how that works out?

I would say that you could offer some good advice on that front.

lol :DC .. get help..

Medication works a treat.

So are we all keeping with the times. Who drinks lattes or mochas?

• Advertisement

I would say that you could offer some good advice on that front.
    This, yet again, makes no sense.

Ok ok, do this. Go to the cabinet where mummy and daddy keep all their pills from the doctor, squeeze the cap on the bottles while twisting it and consume everything you find in every bottle. It will bring you to a happy place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Karencahill, Pighead has saved this thread, you should be very grateful towards him.

I'll let Snyper come up with a sufficient act of gratitude.

I must have hit a few nerves. rb do you wear abercrombie & fitch clothing?

I must have hit a few nerves. rb do you wear abercrombie & fitch clothing?
    ?
    Wtf.

Do you have a dison vacuum cleaner?

I am getting the impression that this topic is giving you a reality check.

I am getting the impression that this topic is giving you a reality check.
    What brand of washing up liquid do you use?

What ever one the advertisements tell me to buy, therefore usually the most expensive. I am a good consumer.

THuNDERDOME IS THAT WAY >>>>>>

An unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), sometimes called an unmanned air-reconnaissance vehicle, is an unpiloted aircraft. UAVs can be remote controlled or fly autonomously based on pre-programmed flight plans or more complex dynamic automation systems. UAVs are currently used in a number of military roles, including reconnaissance and attack. They are also used in a small but growing number of civil applications such as firefighting where a human observer would be at risk, police observation of civil disturbances and scenes of crimes, and reconnaissance support in natural disasters. UAVs are often preferred for missions that are too "dull, dirty or dangerous" for manned aircraft.

• Advertisement

snyper wrote: »
    THuNDERDOME IS THAT WAY >>>>>>
    Thread deletion more like.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement