Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thats some Wind

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Stance wrote: »
    lovely Manchester

Oxymoron.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

basquille wrote: »
    Yep.. am in Sligo and it sounds fecking brutal out there!

PS - anyone know if it's due to stay this way for the next few days? Am flying from Sligo - Dublin on Friday morning and then from Dublin to Italy - any implications on flights?

http://www.met.ie/

"Very unsettled and cold weather in store:Extremely cold and wintry weather expected for Thursday night, Friday and into early Saturday. There will be sunny or clear periods and occasional wintry showers but with very low temperatures the showers will turn to snow and there could be some significant accumulations of snow especially in parts of the northwest, north and northeast with the risk of thunder also. Winds will be northwest to north, fresh and gusty at times and it will feel bitterly cold. There will be frost and some icy conditions both Thursday and Friday night. Very cold on Saturday with wintry showers becoming well isolated during the day but cloud will thicken and rain will develop later in the day and Saturday night. The rain could be preceded by sleet or snow but turning to rain as the temperatures rise on Saturday night. Less cold with rain in all areas early on Sunday with strong southerly winds clearing later to brighter weather with showers."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Stance

Dub13 wrote: »
    Oxymoron.
    Who are you calling an Oxy ? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

House alarm going off in the IFSC for about 20 minutes now. Probably due to the gale thats blowing outside. Have heard a few things smashing on balconies across the way from us....probably some potted plants and the like.

Give me any type of weather over wind. Absolutely despise it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Gosh from the thread title, methought you lads were going to talk about a different kind of wind that you make...?

Light breeze from the Pacific on sunny day with white poofy clouds in So Cal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Dub13 wrote: »
    I was out on the bike a while ago and its very very windy out there,the west must be getting a nice hit.Anybody out west...?
    You were riding way out west?
    Cool.

I'm in a converted attic and can't sleep because of the noise the wind is making.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

holy shít is this the apocolypse? it was nearly like a squal there a minute ago

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

from ah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

you kinda know snowbie is regretting the timing of marraige. What a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Poor Snowblet wont see any snow now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

23 people to be airlifted from a passenger/ cargo ferry in the irish sea. - Sky news
    The boat is listing apparently. Terrible weather out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Am "might-ily" pissed off at that weather!

Am flying to Rome tomorrow. Have flights from Sligo to Dublin and then flights from Dublin to Rome already booked.

Flight is leaving Dublin at 12.20pm. Flight is leaving Sligo at 8.50 and won't know if it's leaving or not officially til at least 7.30. And if it's not leaving (looking likely), the next train won't be leaving Sligo til 9 and i'll have roughly 20 minutes to get from Connolly to the airport, check-in and get on the flight!

So no real choice but to get the train at 7am! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Hal1 wrote: »
    Poor Snowblet wont see any snow now :(

perhaps neither will we:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

@basquille

flight left on time and without any severe weather about

peasant wrote: »
    @basquille

flight left on time and without any severe weather about
    Really? Just on computer in hotel in Rome now trying to find that out and couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks for letting me know peasant. Balls anyways - cost me 38 euros for the train to Dublin (single and return are both 38 euros on a Friday and Saturday - madness!).

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

yeah ...but had you relied on it it wouldn't have ...

missed my grannies 90th birthday that way ...alternated between Knock and Sligo and neither flight left on time, but at the time that was finally clear/admitted, it was to late to make it to Dublin any other way.

peasant wrote: »
    yeah ...but had you relied on it it wouldn't have ...
    Exactly.

I really didn't think it would leave as there was pretty heavy snow going up on the train and they told us in Strandhill when I rang them on the evening before I left that if the runway was very wet or slippy, the plane wouldn't be coming in from Dublin. And apparently the 5.30 flight from Dublin to Sligo the evening before we left didn't leave - it was stranded in Donegal. All signs pointed to it not leaving!

Ah well..

Advertisement