Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I eat this minging stuff?

Options
  • 30-01-2008 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

To help balance my hormones, I've been trying to eat powdered maca. However, it is so disgusting that I just can't get it down. I've tried mixing it with porridge, with fruit smoothies and I've tried swallowing it with water, all to no avail. It makes the food taste revolting and go lumpy. I know you can get it in tablets but I think the powder would be better if I can find some way to consume it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I would suggest eating something nicer to you? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yep I would not really eat anything I dont like as a general rule.

However if you really must then try mixing it with a little hot curry sauce to mask the taste.

I take powdered brewers yeast, it tastes cat. So I mix it with Oj to make as short a slug as possible and down it in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

You can get maca in capsule form. Much easier to swallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

get really drunk and put it in a kebab with loads of chilli sauce?

there doesn't seem to be much of a way out without putting something really spicy in to kill your taste buds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I am taking MACA at the moement in capsule form although the powdered stuff is supposed to be absorbed better into the system .

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Connollacken

I just started taking it recently as well, but never really had a problem with the taste to be honest. However, I mixed it with my scrambled eggs and I actually thought it sort of improved the taste... Not that I ever disliked scrambled eggs.

I presume since this thread is 6 years old you've found a solution to your problem though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Connollacken

I do want to know if you've noticed any positive effects though?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SusanneKn

Hold your nose while drinking it mixed with water.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

What is it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement