Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyrrelstown Driving Test Centre (Dublin 15)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Got the letter today but I was assigned the ballymun center, I rang them and they changed it to Tyrellstown for me. I even got an earlier date, 16th of April. Really nice crowd SGS and easy to contact, unlike the RSA...

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sbhatia

Got the letter today but I was assigned the ballymun center, I rang them and they changed it to Tyrellstown for me. I even got an earlier date, 16th of April. Really nice crowd SGS and easy to contact, unlike the RSA...
    That's a good news for you. :) all the best for test.

sbhatia wrote: »
    That's a good news for you. :) all the best for test.

Thank you, have to book a couple of pre-tests now!

My test is on coming friday, which is Good Friday. does anyone know how the traffic would be like around 3'o clock. i persume all depends on shopping center, is it open or closed?

Center is open on Good Friday but it's usually dead.

• Advertisement

newtothis wrote: »
    i had my test in tyrrelstown on the 6th it was my first test and i passed, there several different routes that they take you on, i went left at the roundabout when you come out of the test centre then left again at the roundabout before the graveyard up cruiserath road, right at the roundabout left at the next roundabout, next left into estate in corduff for reverse around corner, come out of westway estate, take a right go by corduff shops take right again go left at roundabout right into castlecurragh/warrenstown at the lights then into castlecurragh/warrenstown estate for turnabout which was very narrow road, then back to lights i came in at and turn right at lights, go straight through next roundabout and then straight through the next one again, straight through the roundabout at the shopping centre and go right at the lights for mountview, go past the mountview pub and go left at the lights at the crossroads, when you come to the next set of main lights you take the second left on to main road, when you come to roundabout go left and keep going straight through lights and roundabouts which brings you back up to the road where you will take a left a the roundabout back to cruiserath road, before coming to the roundabout i was asked to pull in, i think that this was my hillstart, from then it was right at the roundabout in tyrrelstown and right at the roundabout back into the test centre.
    Another person who took there test there and passed went on a route which took him straight down to a right turn at the hill after the narrow bridge, then into briarswood, then roselawn, down by the bell and onto the n3 so it seems to vary alot.
    Well good luck to any of you doing your test there i had a very good instructor aswell so if anyone wants his number pm me!

I passed mine yesterday with 2 grade 2 faults and had a same route as this one (Route 5) except for hill start he took me to Just before the Mullhadart patrol station there is a steep hill on your left, very narrow road. As i was pulling out 1 big jeep came out out of house and started coming to my direction, so had to drive up to curb to give him a way and go, ( Didn't get any mark for that), i will advise who ever is doing test there, practise on reverse around the corner and turnabout ( Very narrow road) on the route posted above. All the best guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

I have booked my test with finglas ( not knowing about tyrellstown ) back in january. Im in blanch my self and would love to do my test with SGS in tyrellestown. Anyone know how I could change it to tyrellestown SGS from finglas??

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,967 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

HungryJoey wrote: »
    I have booked my test with finglas ( not knowing about tyrellstown ) back in january. Im in blanch my self and would love to do my test with SGS in tyrellestown. Anyone know how I could change it to tyrellestown SGS from finglas??

Thanks.
    Tyrellstown is an SGS test centre. Presumably you applied via the RSA to do your test in Finglas. SGS candidates are chosen at random from the RSA waiting list. You cannot request to do a SGS test but if selected, AFAIK you may chose the SGS test centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Tyrellstown is an SGS test centre. Presumably you applied via the RSA to do your test in Finglas. SGS candidates are chosen at random from the RSA waiting list. You cannot request to do a SGS test but if selected, AFAIK you may chose the SGS test centre.

I decided to ring up the RSA after booking my test 4 months ago and still no word. They told me I am doing my test with SGS and gave me a ref no. I rang up SGS straight after and within 40seconds I had my date. 1st May!! Brilliant crowd SGS are and very helpful. Have it in tyrellestown too - And yes, you get to pick which center and what date you would like ( They give you a selection )

If I had of known, I could of rang up SGS a few weeks back and booked a date but RSA didn't tell me they passed me over to SGS.

Have booked a few more top-up lessons and a Pre-test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 partmak

Thank you guys for PM's. I passes mine at the first attempt and it was really easy. Tester was great! Good luck 2 all!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 chucky mason

muppet01 wrote: »
    The hillstart was in the estate behind superquinn in the village on an almost level road!!!
    I was asked all the tech questions under the bonnet and had to demonstrate hand signals during the test.As for the route it went from the centre to blanch village past corduff,into the estate before superquinn opp garda station,on into mulhaddart and back on the old road into Tyrellstown.As my instructor had to cancel my pre test i cant be more specific as i was too nervous!!!.I can highly recommended the driving school if anyone wishes to pm me
    hi muppeto1 could you do me a massive favour and tell me your driving instructers details please im doing my test on the 23...plaese....thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Coolmine

Hi is there any chance you could give me the contact details of the driving school please? I have my test next week and its impossible to find instructors that know the route!thanks
    muppet01 wrote: »
    The hillstart was in the estate behind superquinn in the village on an almost level road!!!
    I was asked all the tech questions under the bonnet and had to demonstrate hand signals during the test.As for the route it went from the centre to blanch village past corduff,into the estate before superquinn opp garda station,on into mulhaddart and back on the old road into Tyrellstown.As my instructor had to cancel my pre test i cant be more specific as i was too nervous!!!.I can highly recommended the driving school if anyone wishes to pm me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Coolmine

Hi ,I would love the name of that instuctor please? I have my test next week and seriously starting to panic.....:( thanks a million
    newtothis wrote: »
    i had my test in tyrrelstown on the 6th it was my first test and i passed, there several different routes that they take you on, i went left at the roundabout when you come out of the test centre then left again at the roundabout before the graveyard up cruiserath road, right at the roundabout left at the next roundabout, next left into estate in corduff for reverse around corner, come out of westway estate, take a right go by corduff shops take right again go left at roundabout right into castlecurragh/warrenstown at the lights then into castlecurragh/warrenstown estate for turnabout which was very narrow road, then back to lights i came in at and turn right at lights, go straight through next roundabout and then straight through the next one again, straight through the roundabout at the shopping centre and go right at the lights for mountview, go past the mountview pub and go left at the lights at the crossroads, when you come to the next set of main lights you take the second left on to main road, when you come to roundabout go left and keep going straight through lights and roundabouts which brings you back up to the road where you will take a left a the roundabout back to cruiserath road, before coming to the roundabout i was asked to pull in, i think that this was my hillstart, from then it was right at the roundabout in tyrrelstown and right at the roundabout back into the test centre.
    Another person who took there test there and passed went on a route which took him straight down to a right turn at the hill after the narrow bridge, then into briarswood, then roselawn, down by the bell and onto the n3 so it seems to vary alot.
    Well good luck to any of you doing your test there i had a very good instructor aswell so if anyone wants his number pm me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 hotchip24

honestly people, the tyrellstown test route much easier. defo try and get it there over finglas, not sure what ballymun like, but think the blanch one was just great. I passed as posted before and offered the name and number to anyone wants my instructor for lessons and pretests, but just realised I been giving the wrong number out, D'oh.... sorry. have the right one now if anyone needs.

having a few lessons on parralel parking as work in town and freak out when i see small spaces. all good though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kellye

Hi all,

Does anyone know how you can apply for your driving test in tyrellstown?
    Been on the online applying page RSA but they dont give you the option of Tyrellstown? if i phone can i request it?

Anyone with and information please let me know i wanna pass and live in blanch so seems like the smartest option.

Kelly.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kellye

hi all

Does anyone know how to apply for the tyrellstown test centre? the online application form online does give you the option for Tyrellstown? If i phone can i request it or do you have to be referred there?

Any info would be great?

Kelly:)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

There is a thread about this very topic right below this, as far as i am aware you cannot directly apply to a sgs test centre unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,967 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Thread merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭buckfast4me

kellye wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone know how you can apply for your driving test in tyrellstown?
    Been on the online applying page RSA but they dont give you the option of Tyrellstown? if i phone can i request it?

Anyone with and information please let me know i wanna pass and live in blanch so seems like the smartest option.

Kelly.:p

Yeah you can't apply - what you would need to do is apply to Finglas (I presume) and it will be luck of the draw if you get Ballymun SGS or Tyrellstown SGS (They are overflow centres). I applied to Finglas and got Ballymun. The SGS centres definitely have higher pass rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Apply to the nearest one to you, you might be transfered to a SGS testing centre. You can then choose what SGS centre you want to be tested at.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 partmak

I applied to Navan and when the confirmation letter came for the test I asked for the Tyrrelstown centre and was given straight away!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 zea

hi newtothis,

I'm new to this aswell...saw your message and would love the number of your driving instructor...can you just send me a message with it or how does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Vivian

Thanks Muppet01!!, Your instructor was great, I passed my test, and today i got my full driving license by post, I'm in the moon now!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭newtothis

zea wrote: »
    hi newtothis,

I'm new to this aswell...saw your message and would love the number of your driving instructor...can you just send me a message with it or how does it work?

hi i dont know if you have done your test yet but here is the instructors number <SNIP> his name is tony and i wouldn't have passed without him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭donaghs

Fair play to you for getting through to the RSA testing section. I'm phoning them all week on various numbers and no ones answering.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 raineljm

zea wrote: »
    hi newtothis,

hi zea! did u get the driving instructor's number (tony) from newtothis? can u give me the number pls. i'm taking my test in july. i've sent a msg to newtothis but i haven't got a reply yet. i'm hoping to get his number soon so i can start my lessons asap. tnx!

if anyone knows a good driving instructor/ driving school near tyrrelstown, can u give me the name and the number pls. tnx a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Glyni

Hi have my test here next month I'm not from the area and haven't a clue where I should be practicing any adivce.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Just got a call from the RSA today telling me they have cancelled the rest of this weeks tests for Tyrrelstown as they are having problems !!

Failed my 1st test because the brake light failed on the very morning of the test.So 18 weeks later and my test has been moved out and all out of my hands so makes it frustrating a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Morgans

Sorry to hear it Ciaran. Bad run of luck. By the law of averages, you will be have your test within a week of applying next time. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

The girl said they will send out a letter by the of the week informing me of a new date. She couldnt give me a date over the phone.

Advertisement