Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pick my dinner

Options
  • 25-01-2008 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

ok have a look at this menu and pick the healthiest option. Wont be going for starter so just main course. what do people think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

BlueIsland wrote: »
    ok have a look at this menu and pick the healthiest option. Wont be going for starter so just main course. what do people think?
    You'll go hungry with that menu. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭BlueIsland

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I'd go with the 10oz fillet steak or the salmon. Don't forget that eating out is a treat so it's ok to have a few chips or whatever. Maybe just eat half of them (or less!). I usually get a side order of whatever mixed vegetables is on offer.

If you're determined not to have chips, I'd ask them to change the chips with the fillet steak for something else (like mash or something). I generally avoid eating a lot of spuds, but a few chips is something I'll allow myself if I'm eating out.

In short: Fillet steak + side order of veg, don't eat all the chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

The starter caught my eye - Ocean Pearl Crab. I had never heard of an ocean pearl crab, so I looked it up. Ocean Pearl is a seafood manufacturer, not a type of crab. Ocean Pearl Crab is crab sticks - those generic fish sticks with lurid pink coating. Lovely.

Save yourself 50 euro and stay home.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Minder wrote: »
    Ocean Pearl Crab is crab sticks - those generic fish sticks with lurid pink coating. Lovely.

:eek: Jesus christ. Unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I imagine the poached salmon would have fewest calories, and probably is the healthiest too. I personally would veer towards healthy options, but you are going out so it is a treat, in which case I would pick something I am sure to enjoy.

Ah feck it, get the 32oz bad boy with rakes of chips :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

rubadub wrote: »
    Ah feck it, get the 32oz bad boy with rakes of chips :D

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭hotshots85

Ah here pick your own dinner ya dope!

Advertisement