Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abrakebabra "borrowing" ideas from boards?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: we have no idea how much power we have here (rememebr the thread idea about plugging a boards member and trying to make it famous?)

One of these days a thread's going to wind up on Rodge and Podge or the Panel (we know you'r ereading this, lads....)

P.

[strokes cat]Mwhaaa haaaw haaaaw. Podge & Rodge or the Panel. Our power is limitless.[/strokes cat].

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

I,m convinced we have a Herald Newspaper hack browsing boards. The amount of times I have seen multiple 'Human Interest' stories in the same issue that have just been posted about on boards the day before.

Now I am not talking about headline news kind of stuff where obviously the paper would report it and someone would post on boards about it independently of each other.

I am talking about little sidebar stories about some random little event in upstate new york kinda thing. You know, someone will be on some american hobby forum or something and come across a local story on their boards and then post about it here. What I mean is its not the kind of thing that would be on rueters or the newswire for the Herald hack to read there.

You might say that even if its a small local story from the other side of the planet doesn't mean the hack read about it here. These funny little stories get posted on loads of different forums across the internet. While I might have seen the same story posted here also posted on say a UK home Cinema forum like AVforums for instance. Its the fact that it does be multiple stories in the same issue of the paper. ie while individual stories might also be dotted around various forums I frequent across the internet, it was only on boards.ie that I saw them all in the one place together, and low and behold, I see the same stories in the next days herald all in one place together. Either that or the Herald hack just happens to browse all the same forums as me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I think the panel on RTE does too:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Hungry people?
    It's hungry people, right?

Drunk hungry people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

azezil wrote: »
    I love their Kebabs and taco fries... mmmm

Scumbag??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,753 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I dont see whats so surprising about that. Boards.ie is huge: close to 100k active users (they cant ALL be active Im sure) - be kind of silly not to come here and walk among the people wouldnt it?

as for plugging a member into fame: lets get Victor to go public.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

A local basketball team in my area is called the 'Abrakebabra Tigers'

I though that was pretty awesome.

Sorry... I just had to share that.

I remember these from a long while back: "yer a prosty" followed by "yer ma." Hardly a boards exclusive but it seems to have had a revival here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Yore face!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

A local basketball team in my area is called the 'Abrakebabra Tigers'

I though that was pretty awesome.

Sorry... I just had to share that.

The Abrakebabra Tigers are playing DART Killester in the National Cup Final this Sunday. Should be a good game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

DeBeere wrote: »
    The Abrakebabra Tigers are playing DART Killester in the National Cup Final this Sunday. Should be a good game.

Yeah... I got a flyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

It's not really in the spirit of the thread, but I ate Abrakebabra last Thursday night.

I have had a severe case of the runs since.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Bros123 wrote: »
    Scumbag??

Mother?

Advertisement