Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tunes

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hilight Digital

Just letting you know that the latest Releases from our Irish/Polish label Hilight Digital are now available online .
    The newest tracks come from Vargez and QuestionmarQ.
    Vargez goes down a Techno road with 2 stomping tracks while QuestionmarQ keeps things deep and chugging.........

Hilight Digital stuff can be gotten here
    http://www.3beatdigital.com/label-info/hilight+digital/384.htm

To listen to full Tracks check out
    http://www.myspace.com/hilightdigital
    And
    http://www.myspace.com/questionmarq1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Out Hud - Its For You

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭keithdowney

http://www.myspace.com/psychonavigation

(First blog on the right)

Thanks for looking,
    Keith

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tantric-Dex

Hey all,

Just loaded a new track Ripple Effect is part of a suite I’m working on there’s 2 more parts to come making it, ahem, a 3 Piece Suite (that might be just funny to me).

Let me know what you think & for best results listen with headphones if you can as it’s EQ’D that way.

www.myspace.com/tantricdex

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

http://www.h3lx.com/audio/H3lx-Backlash.mp3

give that a lash and see what you make of it. its not mixed or mastered yet, coz i want a few suggestions how to make her lift off and go menthol, as opposed to kinda plodding as she is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭keithdowney

PRESS RELEASE : PRESS RELEASE : PRESS RELEASE : PRESS RELEASE :

Artist: Electric Penguins
    Title: “Goodbye From The Electric Penguins” album
    Release date: 29th September 2006
    Cat. No.: Psy 016
    Distribution: Arabesque (U.K.) EAR/Rational (U.S.)

From Abbey Road to The Big Apple

Psychonavigation Records next release is from talented musicians Electric Penguins - named after the password for Paul McCartney's Cavendish Square pad in the 60's, Electric Penguins are: Mark Cummins: Vocals, Guitars & Synthesizers, Paul Murphy: Piano, Synthesizers, Vocals & Programming, Sean Quinn: Synthesizers, Guitar & Vocals.

Previously, vocalist Mark Cummins while signed to Warner Brothers UK worked with Pink Floyd’s orchestral arranger Edward Shearmur in the legendary Abbey Road Studios. Mark also worked with Massive Attack cohort Gavin Wright.

Sean Quinn, previously signed to Brian Eno/Roxy Music’s label EG Records, worked & performed with System 7 main man Steve Hillage.

When not hanging out in NYC with members of Bowie’s band & producing albums for various rock bands, Paul Murphy can be found at his Dublin studio working on musical projects including: composing music for television & producing / remixing the likes of Horslips.

Electric Penguins are interested in all forms of music, but mostly Electronica/Ambient. The idea behind their debut album ‘Goodbye From The Electric Penguins’ was to make a modern record using only 70’s instruments / sounds. No fancy programming, no 5.1 surround sound, no cut’n’paste – just three guys in a studio doing it old skool with Moog, Mellotron, Farfisa organ, piano & guitars. The end result is an impressive blend of melodic invention & musicianship – apart from a basic step-sequencer & mono drum machine, all instruments & vocals were performed live.

From the opening "Gelb" with it’s piano-in-an-empty-room vibe to the closer "Too Far" with an aching vocal reminiscent of Sigur Ros, ‘Goodbye From The Electric Penguins’ is a seamless musical tour de force which will be essential listening for anyone who is into Eno, Pink Floyd, Kraftwerk, Sigur Ros, Flaming Lips, Air etc.

Lyrically, the themes are of loss, loneliness & absence. The cover image is a tale in it’s own right – see www.paulquinnphotography.com and look up "All Back To Eddies (Tea, Toast, Sex, Marmalade)".

Electric Penguins will be touring Ireland over the coming months. Keep an eye out for live gigs & sessions / interviews on radio & TV. Stay tuned for UK & Worldwide exposure...

LIVE:
    Spirit, Dublin 29th September
    Psychonavigation Records @ 4 Dame Lane, Dublin (Date TBC)
    Dublin Electronic Arts Festival, October (Date TBC)

For all the latest information on the band go to http://www.myspace.com/electricpenguins

• Registered Users Posts: 33 karll

Encode_[Tianell_Semtech_rerub].jpg

Here @ MONADMUSIC we kicked off our summer schedule of releases with a debut from Irish Dj/Producer Karl Lambert.
    'Encode' got played by many a big room dj and now Monad are ready to release the massive block stomping remix by Monad Irish DJ's and Artists Tianell and Semtech.

This remix has been charted and played by Perfecto's very own Sandra Collins and Yo****oshi/Shinichi artist Sultan, along with Global Underground artist Ashley Casselle amongst numerous others.

OUT NOW on www.beatport.com/Tianell, www.djdownload.com and www.releaserecords.com.

Samples here: headphone.jpg

Karl Lambert: Encode [Tianell & Semtech re-rub]

Next up on Monad are Dublin based dj's/producers and MODE residents:
    LRB & Barry Dempsey - Dishiesque

Support already by Sultan[Yo****oshi], Lemon 8, Taucher, Chris Sterio[source of gravity],

For more info visit us @ www.monadmusic.com

monad600header.jpg

All demos/submissions welcome
    email: info@monadmusic.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Anyone else gotten this? it really is class
    www.thisbinaryuniverse.com

i gonna download it coz im a cheap filthy pirate bastard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

HAHA. More like BTs attempt at IDM music. Just listen to how much buffer delay is used in every track, that effect is 10+ years old now and hes using it like he invented it, **** that. Your a trance DJ BT and no ones going to forget that fagot, no matter how much your PR will try and spin it.

Anima wrote:
    HAHA. More like BTs attempt at IDM music. Just listen to how much buffer delay is used in every track, that effect is 10+ years old now and hes using it like he invented it, **** that. Your a trance DJ BT and no ones going to forget that fagot, no matter how much your PR will try and spin it.
    Riggghttt.... seems like you've a few issues, so excuse me if i just ignore your post entirely. :)

Anima wrote:
    Your a trance DJ BT

hes not a dj

and the fact is, that hes probably one of the most talented electronic music producers on the planet, whether you like his stuff or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

He was a trance DJ (and producer) before it was cool to be one, but way before that he was (and is) a classically trained musician.
    He could quite easily turn out the stuff he was producing 12 years back and it'd sell on the back of what he did then....but he's not. I like to see someone trying something different. Have to try and get a proper listen to the album (¬\¬)
    I like the visial stuff on that site too...very FSOL.

Wertz wrote:
    He was a trance DJ

he. isnt. nor. wasnt. a. dj.

Helix wrote:
    he. isnt. nor. wasnt. a. dj.

obabyav.gif

I'd call someone who did three essential mixes a DJ.
    [edit] http://www.sendspace.com/file/xtpl33 <-defo not a DJ set >.>
    I'd call a guy who did live DJ sets at coachella, homelands, phoenix festival, creamfields, T in the park and several UK clubs over the years a...well, a DJ.

Just because he's not out spinning vinyl every saturday night doesn't make him not a DJ.
    Just because he's most well known for music production and remixes doesn't mean he's not a DJ.
    In fact given that the lines between live production performances and DJing are becoming more and more blurred of late, it's pretty hard to just pin down exactly what a DJ comprises these days...

Wertz wrote:
    Just because he's not out spinning vinyl every saturday night doesn't make him not a DJ.
    Just because he's most well known for music production and remixes doesn't mean he's not a DJ.
    In fact given that the lines between live production performances and DJing are becoming more and more blurred of late, it's pretty hard to just pin down exactly what a DJ comprises these days...

what makes bt NOT be a dj, is the fact that hes played about 10 dj sets in his entire life

and they were only started recently

Helix wrote:
    what makes bt NOT be a dj, is the fact that hes played about 10 dj sets in his entire life

actually he's done far far more than 10, and not all of them are recent, his first record contract was with perfecto iirc . he more or less does everything involving music, composing, plays about 15 instruments, vocals , mixing, producing,dj'n. Just because he's a master of more than one thing doesn't mean he's not one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Maybe I should throw a few of my own tunes into this mellee!

Ambient/space and similair can be found here check out A glimpse of the light (ambient shortie), When the Machine Begin to Rock (electro-rocking!) and Etoile Nord (true epic ambient).

Mike.

actually he's done far far more than 10, and not all of them are recent, his first record contract was with perfecto iirc . he more or less does everything involving music, composing, plays about 15 instruments, vocals , mixing, producing,dj'n. Just because he's a master of more than one thing doesn't mean he's not one...

whats his first record contract got to do with anything?

he only played his first ever dj set in a club within the last few years, coz it was a running joke that hes the only person to have made the dj mag top 100 djs list without ever djing

• Advertisement

Helix wrote:
    Okay so what makes him not a DJ is that he's only DJed a small number of times? That's some sound logic there.
    Helix wrote:

I don't call 1995 recently but whatever.

You say tomato and and I say tomato

someone playing a handfull of dj sets doesnt make them a dj

a dj who does it for a profession or any way regularly is a dj

transau is a musician

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The world would be better off with fewer DJs and more musicans.

Mike.

damn right it would

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Dub_Ster

mike65 wrote:
    The world would be better off with fewer DJs and more musicans.

Mike.

yeah lets burn are decks and sit round a camp fire singing com bi ya , :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 zwyrolek

This one is really nice. Same track like in last gig in Marlay Park

Daft Punk - Live In Belfort Bootleg 2006

1. Daft Punk - Robot Rock (8:1
    2. Daft Punk - Technologic vs Oh yeah (5:29)
    3. Daft Punk - Television Rules The Nation vs Crescendolls (5:21)
    4. Daft Punk - Too Long (5:22)
    5. Daft Punk - Steam Machine vs Around The World (8:51)
    6. Daft Punk - Too Long pt. 2 (5:10)
    7. Daft Punk - Face to face vs Harder Better Faster Stronger vs Short Circuit (4:55)
    8. Daft Punk - One More Time vs Aerodynamic (9:42)
    9. Daft Punk - The Prime Time of Your Life vs Rollin' and Scratchin' (10:22)
    10. Daft Punk - Da Funk (6:35)
    11. Daft Punk - Superheroes vs Human After All vs Rock'n'roll (5:1

Daft Punk - Live In Belfort - Bootleg - 2006 mp3@217kb/s [AlieN]
    Download by torrent:
    http://isohunt.com/download/13376810/daft+punk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 iaintspecial

Hey n Gals here is a lil bootleg I made up. Just thought I would share it with the fellow djs on this forum. Hope u enjoy it and any feedback you have would be great. Cheers

Click name to download!

Mason VS Who Da Funk - Exceeder (Davieboys Bootleg Mix)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Here's a link with soundclips for some recent and forthcoming Hardcore Breaks releases some of the tunes IMO are quality :)

http://www.blademcgivern.com/enormousmouse2/HardcoreBreaks.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Check this tune Stu Chapman-Forever on that link fantastic tune

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Hi guys,
    I mess around with ideas for tracks now and again (for fun mostly, but I have played them live). Have a listen to this if you want to, give feedback if you want to! Its 8MB.

Seanie-M - Vortex of my Mind (a YouSendIt link)

Seanie.

Advertisement