Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HI8 Muesli

Options
  • 22-01-2008 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

I have no scales to weigh so just wondering how much would the recomennded 40grams be. would be a cup/two cups etc????thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's usually about 1/2 a cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Quoted portion sizes are usually tiny, so they appear to be a low cal food and sell better. A scales is a good investment. If you went 5% over on all estimated portions aiming for 2500kcal per day, then that is 125kcal more per day, or 45625kcal per year. And at an approx 3500kcal per lb fat it adds up to almost 1 stone added weight per year.

And you are far more likely to go 5% over, than 5% under.

Should be a law forcing companies to show the actual suggested portions in adverts and on the box, some suggested portions are barely fit for an infant.

If you are measuring in cups you might subconciously go for a big cup when hungry, scales dont lie.

40g is very little, here is a photo of 35g muesli, you wont see that on a box!
    museli.jpg

http://www.adme.ru/pridumano/2007/07/30/19455/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Yeah, 40g is nothing. I usually allow 60g for porridge or if I'm pigging out I'll go with 80 - 100g of museli (I love Hi-8). A decent electronic scales is only around 20 quid in argos these days.

Advertisement