Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aphex Twin

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭dasdog

I haven't listened to the EP yet let alone the extra tracks - that will be for later. The app is called YXBoZXh0d2lu (I sh*t you not). My phone is a cheap piece of crap so it won't even install but if you search for YXBoZXh0d2lu in the app store/play store you will find it. Looks like it needs a decent phone as it's graphically/cpu intensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Thank you, I will give that a go! (Using copy and paste I think :)).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,148 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Did you guys all buy the vinyl as well? I reckon he's selling loads of them. That's cool, must download the app.

Yes I did.

I'm hoping that there's some merch or special items that can be purchased at field day in a few weeks.

20:00 - 21:15, Bonobo

21:25 - 22:55, Aphex Twin

It's an all day event but that'll do me. Loads of others on during the day but I'll be nosing around second hand record shops next Saturday afternoon.

• Advertisement

I'm happy that none of Aphex Twin, Bonobo or Jon Hopkins clash.

Bonobo clashes with Moderat I think but I've seen Moderat before so I can go with Bonobo and not feel like I'm missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Not long to Field Day now, it looks like he's only doing an hour and a half, last time he played Field Day he went over two hours. Going to catch Actress, a bit of Fever Ray, maybe a bit of Bonobo, Arca and the man himself.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Good to see you got sorted out for accommodation @bodhrandude - I'll likely not get in till after six but drop me a DM if you want.

Well I thought that set was fantastic. Better than I expected actually. I thought it was quite accessible and danceable, there were some cracking tunes in there. The visuals were aboslutely amazing as well and with a good dose of Aphex humour.

I thought Bonobo was disappointing, seemed a bit too chilled out. Jon Hopkins was brilliant, some banging tunes in the sun, it was great. Bonobo was a different vibe and a bit of a let down after such a good euphoric set from Hopkins.

Glad you enjoyed it. I thought Aphex was fantastic. It was completely twisted chaos with plenty of jungle - loved it. I think it was professionally filmed so hopefully the set will be posted at some point. Could have been a touch louder and thankfully the yappers beside me moved after a while.

I didn't get in till about six as I had a late addition arrive with me who managed to get a ticket from the box office (for £100!!). Took in some of the BBC6 stage which had some good tunes. Arca became annoying after a while but I got in to Moderat which was enjoyable. People in at least their late 20's/early 30's huffing nitrous beside us lol. She'd never been to anything like that so it was an eye opener.

I had a great weekend overall - stayed in Hammersmith and got to Chiswick, Kensington, Notting Hill, Soho. Will leave bodhrandude do the review. Sorry I didn't get to meet up but I was running about the place all weekend.

• Advertisement

Few pics

Thank you dasdog and here is my review of the festival and the time in London.

This might be the professionally filmed you were talking about, this guy held this camera for the duration of the gig and mainly perfectly still.

I saw it reported elsewhere it was shot with centre, side camera's and drones :) Stormzy's set from Friday night was broadcast on Channel 4 on Sunday night. Amazing how quickly things can get pushed out these days.

Should be appearing on NTS YouTube site

He played this track about 35 minutes in, beautiful dreamy ambient track which first appeared in Brooklyn in 2019.

Round two. Weather is nice and looking even better tomorrow.

I'm sure @jiltloop and @bodhrandude will roll eyes - the latter probably still recovering from his EP experience - but holy phuck Saturday was a different level. It was so much louder than London, my skull was shaking with the bass, and the crowd was really up for it.

Made it quite close up front but as it was getting on late in the set and I'd seen Amyl, Primal Scream & Leftfield before hand in quick succession with almost no breaks the pic/vid aren't great.

Someone did post up the entire set though

I have to laugh at this review, was this guy at the same gig as us. He reckons Aphex Twin was trolling us with schizophrenic synths, he was at times but he also played some of his most euphoric ambient pieces, Free Falling from 26 Mixes..., that wonderful Brooklyn track with the amazing green lasers then the spectrum lasers, was probably my favourite gig to date but I have enjoyed the videos uploaded of his 2023 tour.

Richard played this about 5 or 6 times during his 2023 tour, so I'm hoping it gets released.

• Advertisement

Haha Richard D James Simpsons style.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Advertisement