Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How good/bad is my diet??

Options
  • 19-01-2008 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭

OK here goes......

So a few months ago i jumped on the old healthy bandwagon, I cut out all my old bad habits like the take aways, fizzy drinks and sweets. Before this i used to eat a horrendous amount of trash, rolls for breakfast, baguettes for lunch, burger n chips for dinner all topped of nicely by 1-2 500ml cokes a day and plenty of sweets in between. Obviously i started to pile on the pounds, around 2 years ago, but it really didnt suit me plus i was very unhealthy and people would often remark on my weight, as i used to be fairly skinny before this.
    Fast forward to today, im much healthier, i feel and look an awful lot better and im gettin my old flat stomach back(which im particularly proud of:D). I havnt been working fulltime for the past few months so im in the position of being able to hit the gym pretty much whenever i want, and i do, 2-3 times a week and i love it. I also have the luxury of time to cook whatever i like, so i feel like ive used it well.
    My question now is how do i go that extra mile regarding my diet? Im talking burning fat in particular. I will list some of my favourite meals id make on an average day and i want to know what i can change to cut out the calories, hopefully not too much:rolleyes:. I try the whole '6 small meals a day thing' whenever possible but i find myself canstantly making food when i do, ill need to learn that one. Ill give a couple of options for different times of the day.
    Bear in mind i havnt esentially been on a 'diet' up to now, just changed my grub to something a little healthier, so im sure some of my slections will seem like normal fatty food.

*every time i say bread or toast, it wll be nutty/wholegrain bread*

Breakfast -around 9:30 - 10

(1) Scrambled egg(2eggs), 2 slices of toast, 1 piece of grilled bacon or some grilled mushrooms, glass of water or orange juice to drink....

(2) 1 230g tin of beans, 2 slices of toast, water of juice to drink...

(3) 1 bowl of weetabix(2 pieces), 1 piece of fruit, say a banana....

(4) Large breakfast roll, 500ml coke and a yellow snack bar......:eek:.....wait, thats the old me, nevermind:rolleyes:

Lunch - around 12pm - 1am

(1) Chicken wrap. chicken fried in almond/olive oil in wok, chopped onions, chopped iceberg lettuce, ketchup + salad cream. water or milk to drink. <<< i know your gona murder this one, its my favourite and far too tasty not to be un healthy:(

(2) Chicken curry n rice. Chicken as above^^, mcdonnells curry, half a bag of 'boil in the bag' whole grain rice. water.

(3) Toasted sambo, usually ham/chicken, cheese, onion and tomato. water or milk.

Dinner - around 4:30 - 5:30

(1) The normal old dinner:rolleyes:, Meat(pork/beef/bacon/whatever), veg(usually peas and carrots),gravy, potatos. water or milk. FWIW i usually eats a fairly small dinner of this sort.

(2) Stir fry. Chopped and fried chicken breast in a wok. 1 pepper, chopped mushrooms and onions, broccoli, cashew nuts. soy sauce. water. Sometimes i have some wholegrain rice or noodles with it, not always.

(3) Spaghetti bolognese. 1/2lb Steak mince, bolognese sauce, mushrooms, pasta shells.

Evening snack - around 8pm

(1) Toasted sambo. ham, grated mozerella n red cheddar, tomato. milk

(2) Super noodles. :confused: McDonnells super noodles,lol

(3) Omlette. 2 eggs, chopped tomato, onions and mushrooms.

Thats pretty much a selection of different thing id eat in a day, the times may vary and like i said earlier i try eat lots of small meals when possible, so i might not eat just 4 meals like above. I havnt included any fruit, but I do eat friut, more as a snack so i could eat it at any time of day or night. I eat lots of grapes and oranges and the odd banana, kiwi or pear. I also drink lots of water as you may have noticed. Chocolate, crisps and other trash are pretty much non existant now, same goes for coke, and tbh i dont miss any of them.
    I dont smoke, i drink a small bit, maybe 5-6 bottles of miller in a night but i dont go to the pub that much these days. I play an awful lot of live poker so i could be out til all hours 2-3 nights of the week, im aware sleep patterns affect the motabolism.

One other thing id like to know is, if i get up at 9 and want to go to the gym around 11, what and when should i eat that wont leave me feeling horrible when on the treadmill or swimming or whatever.

Looks like thats it, im sure ive forgotten something but sure i can always edit!

Oh yea, 1st things 1st, my names eddie, and hows all in the diet and nutrition forum;)!!!!!!

OK...................GO!!!!!!!

Advertisement