Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flahavans organice porridge oats

Options
  • 13-01-2008 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Howdi,

AS porridge and breakfasts go how good is this with milk and honey? This is what i have for breakfast nearly every day.

Oh and is this the same as "oatmeal" ? I have been reading a nutrition book and mentions oatmeal as a great breakfast but doesnt mention porridge. Apologies but im fairly uneducated on the matter!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Hi Superdub, you found your way over! ;)

Porridge is made from oatmeal which is processed (rolled or crushed) oats, so the benefits of oats will all apply when you eat porridge. Flahavans are a good brand and porridge is a *fantastic* way to start the day so enjoy it!!

Also try adding blueberries or dried fruit, some natural yoghurt, chopped nuts and raisins or chopped banana and a smidge of cinnamon. In fact there's endless things you can do to brighten up your morning oats...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

the difference in odlums oatmeal vs oat flakes is here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055214323

In the US I think oatmeal can be flakes. The flakes are steamed to so the oatmeal probably has a slight edge over the flakes, nutrient wise, but takes longer to cook so that could offset it anyways!

I like the oatmeal as it is crunchy, a mix of both would be good. I eat my oats with cold milk, will try soaking some oatmeal in milk overnight tonight.

Advertisement