Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrific Cruelty Case *Graphic pic warning*

Options
  • 12-01-2008 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

This is REALLY bad. I will post about it some more when I have recovered myself. I couldn't even look at her closely at first and THAT says alot. The whole injury is days old and rotten, the smell was appalling. Her skin is ripped all the way back to her neck and exposes the jaw bone totally. She is now at the vets and Tori my vet is trying her best to save her, she has multiple injuries but the jaw is the worst....

Please say a prayer for this girl...

p850869.jpg

She has her mouth closed in that pic, what you see is the flap of skin hanging down.

She is an ickle Staffie bitch and not a young one either...

It doesn't happen very often but I broke down crying in my car after I had delivered her to the vet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭fits

My God... Poor little girl.

I hope you're beginning to feel a bit better, she's in good care now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Speaking to a friend of mine in the Animal Trust Fund, don't know if you have heard of them but they know of EGAR, and i hear you are doing wonderful work. And by the looks of that pic you have your work cut out for you.

I hope she is doing ok, do you know how her injuries happened, where did you come across her?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I have been working on this for 2 days, I finally managed to get her today. Those injuries were caused by dog fighting.And thank you for the vote of confidence!

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

FFS. Was this from fighting? Chin up Egar, you're one tough lady;)

Could a kind admin please correct my spelling error in the caption? It was meant to read *graphic*. Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

EGAR wrote: »
    Could a kind admin please correct my spelling error in the caption? It was meant to read *graphic*. Thank you!
    these dogs are common for fighting at its terrible,well the dog whos injured just lost a fight as these breeds to finnish or win they lock their jaws together until it snaps and whoever stops the the fight deems the winner.A shame to see that as i think theres not much hope for the poor dog but at the end of the day the winners should be punnished.

davey180 wrote: »
    these dogs are common for fighting at its terrible,well the dog whos injured just lost a fight as these breeds to finnish or win they lock their jaws together until it snaps and whoever stops the the fight deems the winner.A shame to see that as i think theres not much hope for the poor dog but at the end of the day the winners should be punnished.

I am sorry but your statements are not true. This dog is an English Staffordshire Bullterrier and they are not commonly used for fighting. The lock jaw myth is just that: a myth - be it with Staffies or Pit Bulls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Oh sweet lord - the poor little baby - ffs what is wrong with people - honestly how anyone could derive pleasure from watching this activity is beyond me.

Keep us posted on how she goes. :(
    Best wishes to you too .

I am sorry but your statements are not true. This dog is an English Staffordshire Bullterrier and they are not commonly used for fighting. The lock jaw myth is just that: a myth - be it with Staffies or Pit Bulls.
    all breeds of dogs fight accutaly,any bull breeds are used for fighting, ive seen it on tv and You Tube.They use any type of breed to fight no matter what they are.the owners train these dogs to fight which i think is terrible as they should be loved and cared by respectable owners who train them to have a good life.As i have a English Staffordshire Bull Terrier rescued from a dogs home 4 years ago he was used for fighting as now i cared for him since lovelg dog but id be still wary of my dog Lewis who is about 9 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Pheonix Ski

That picture is shocking.... i cant believe the poor bitch has her mouth closed in that picture and i can only imagine the smell.A few more days left like that and she could have been infested with maggots.:(
    Heres praying she makes a full recovery,god knows she deserves a chance of a some what normal life. God bless people like you EGAR,without you this poor girl wouldnt be fighting for amother chance at life!

• Advertisement

That picture is shocking.... i cant believe the poor bitch has her mouth closed in that picture and i can only imagine the smell.A few more days left like that and she could have been infested with maggots.:(
    Heres praying she makes a full recovery,god knows she deserves a chance of a some what normal life. God bless people like you EGAR,without you this poor girl wouldnt be fighting for amother chance at life!
    hi how are ye whats the chances of the poor staffie,and tyson is doing great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

omg that is just horrific, the poor girl. sending her best wishes so that she will recover.

and the locking jaw thing is a load of rubbish, although I am still trying to convince people that pit bulls/staffies aren't maniac killers that lock onto people. :rolleyes:

the only things that seem to lock on to you around staffies are their tongues lol. they seem to like to lick, a lot lol. very cute.

kerrysgold wrote: »
    omg that is just horrific, the poor girl. sending her best wishes so that she will recover.

and the locking jaw thing is a load of rubbish, although I am still trying to convince people that pit bulls/staffies aren't maniac killers that lock onto people. :rolleyes:

the only things that seem to lock on to you around staffies are their tongues lol. they seem to like to lick, a lot lol. very cute.
    im sorry,you dont seem to know or see the breeds im talking about look up google about them you might change your story.
    Well, staffies may have been used for gruesome blood sports a hundred years or so, but now they make brilliant pets when they have a good home, just because of a few scumbags who like to make their dog vicious, why should they have to die out when there are plenty of people who provide good homes for them? It's the scumbags that cause trouble for people AND dogs and society in general that should be bred out

List of dog fighting breeds
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    This is a list of dog breeds originally developed for, or commonly used at some time in their history for dog fighting.

The American Pit Bull Terrier is one of the most recognised Dog fighting breeds todayA

Akita Inu
    Alangu Mastiff
    Alano Español
    American bulldog
    American Pit Bull Terrier
    American Staffordshire Terrier
    Argentine Dogo
    B

Bedlington Terrier
    Blue Paul Terrier
    Boston Terrier
    Bull and Terrier
    Bull Terrier
    Bully Kutta
    C

Cordoba Fighting Dog
    D

Dogue de Bordeaux
    Dogo Cubano
    Dogo Sardesco
    E

English Mastiff
    English White Terrier
    F

Fila Brasileiro
    G

Gull Dong
    Gull Terr
    I

Irish staffordshire bull terrier
    K

Kerry Blue Terrier
    L

Lottatore Brindisino
    N

Neapolitan Mastiff
    M

Manchester Terrier
    O

Old English Bulldog
    P

Perro de Presa Canario (Canary Dog)
    Perro de Presa Mallorquin (Ca de Bou)
    Pit bull
    S

Shar Pei
    Staffordshire Bull Terrier
    T

Tibetan Mastiff
    Tosa
    Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dog_fighting_breeds"
    All these are genuine from the wikpidia site.

you're point being? deed not breed.....

this thread is about the poor dog that is the victim of this savage ''sport'' not about what breeds used to be used for fighting, unfortunaly a few unlucky dogs still are used for fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

IM SO FUKING ANGRY RIGHT NOW!! :mad: :mad:

MY BLOOD IS BOILING!

AArrrrgh!! I'l come back tomorrow, when i can calm dowm and post somthing constructive other than what i want to do to the ppl resposible for this! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

davey180 wrote: »
    List of dog fighting breeds
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    This is a list of dog breeds originally developed for, or commonly used at some time in their history for dog fighting.

The American Pit Bull Terrier is one of the most recognised Dog fighting breeds todayA

Akita Inu
    Alangu Mastiff
    Alano Español
    American bulldog
    American Pit Bull Terrier
    American Staffordshire Terrier
    Argentine Dogo
    B

Bedlington Terrier
    Blue Paul Terrier
    Boston Terrier
    Bull and Terrier
    Bull Terrier
    Bully Kutta
    C

Cordoba Fighting Dog
    D

Dogue de Bordeaux
    Dogo Cubano
    Dogo Sardesco
    E

English Mastiff
    English White Terrier
    F

Fila Brasileiro
    G

Gull Dong
    Gull Terr
    I

Irish staffordshire bull terrier
    K

Kerry Blue Terrier
    L

Lottatore Brindisino
    N

Neapolitan Mastiff
    M

Manchester Terrier
    O

Old English Bulldog
    P

Perro de Presa Canario (Canary Dog)
    Perro de Presa Mallorquin (Ca de Bou)
    Pit bull
    S

Shar Pei
    Staffordshire Bull Terrier
    T

Tibetan Mastiff
    Tosa
    Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dog_fighting_breeds"
    All these are genuine from the wikpidia site.

Eh? whats the point of this? we can all cut and paste from wikipedia but all you've said is you got it from that site and not why you are posting it :confused:

ztoical wrote: »
    Eh? whats the point of this? we can all cut and paste from wikipedia but all you've said is you got it from that site and not why you are posting it :confused:
    how do i post them instead of pasting from a web is there another way of this?

I think the point he was trying to make is that some people use there staffordshires loyality and courage to there advantage and fight them,which they do along with other breeds of staffordshire.
    The lock jaw issue well I own a staffordshire that does lock onto the likes of his toys and wont let go (you can pick the toy up and he will just hang from the toy) but then I have seen jack russells do this aswell so im not sure about the term lock jaw? But as other posters have said this is not about the type of breed,its about a poor dog that has been savaged by another so maybe instead of arguing we can talk about the one with the probelm "the dog".
    Please egar keep us updated about this poor girl,im saying my prayers

you're point being? deed not breed.....

this thread is about the poor dog that is the victim of this savage ''sport'' not about what breeds used to be used for fighting, unfortunaly a few unlucky dogs still are used for fighting.
    im sorry but you brought the subject up about staffies are not manic killers in one of your posts and im talking about the poor staffie.

• Advertisement

Davey, I am really in no mood after what happened yesterday but here it goes to put this subject to bed once and for all. I have been working with Bull Breeds for near enough 30 years and I have seen it all. The main breed *professional* dogfighters fight are APBT. In 10 years Bull Breed rescue here in Ireland this dog is the first Staffie with fighting injuries I have taken in,. ALL others were APBT. Yes, there are alot of breeds which are classed as *fighting dogs* but then again the French Bulldog was once the favourite breed of French highclass prostitutes - so I think I might be in the wrong profession and have the wrong nationality or maybe I should rehome my Frenchie to a French hooker. :confused:

well it's true, they aren't, no dog is unless they have been turned that way by some loon.

pheonix, I think the term jaw lock refers to the silly myth that once a pit bull bites something his jaws actually lock and it can't let go even if he wants to. which really if you think about it, how would the dog chew a bone/play with a toy etc, if this was true? :p

All my APBT let go at command. It takes a long time and rigorous training which is why I don recommend tug-of-war with youngsters until they have been obedience trained. APBT can be very stubborn and suffer from selective hearing :D.

Lock jaw is an absolute myth. Also the myth that they don't let go until they hear something snap (btw, the local farmers attribute the same to the poor badger :D). There have been many scientific studies done on the subject and the myth as been thouroughly (sp?) exposed for what it is: a MYTH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

How are you fixed for funds for this girls treatment?.

Very true,they do have strong jaws,stronger then most dogs there size but then thats just the breed. It funny the mixer of comments that have came from the picture following the breed of the dog,i wonder if people would be going on about the breed if it was a lab???

Mairt wrote: »
    How are you fixed for funds for this girls treatment?.

I am trying to do fundraising for her on the Refuge (UK Rescue board). I have no idea what the vet bill will be but as surgery is looming as soon as the antibiotics kick in it is likely to be a large bill. My vet has been very good to me in the past and I have been able to pay larger bills in installments. Regardless of what peeps might think, this dog deserves a chance. She is exetremely human friendly and my guess is that she has been used as a bait dog.

yeah, after all, they were bred to help fishermen and retrieve shot ducks etc so everyone that has one of these dog's will have to take up fishing or shooting or get rid of the dog :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I am trying to do fundraising for her on the Refuge (UK Rescue board). I have no idea what the vet bill will be but as surgery is looming as soon as the antibiotics kick in it is likely to be a large bill. My vet has been very good to me in the past and I have been able to pay larger bills in installments. Regardless of what peeps might think, this dog deserves a chance. She is exetremely human friendly and my guess is that she has been used as a bait dog.

I'm dashing off to work at the moment and honestly don't have time to check out your own site to see if you have paypal etc.

But I don't think anyone here would object to you appealing for a small donation to the girls treatment.

I'd certainly send you something, I think you do sterling work for the bull breeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Let me clarify, the Pit bull is commonly known for the term "lock jaw" and yes, i remember when i was a kid there was a half breed pitbull that one of our neighbours had and when she was involved in some common territorial street fight with some other neighbors dog she would go for the neck and lock on and not let go no matter what we would try to do, screaming at her .. bucket of cold water, nothing, we had to physically do the not so safe thing and actully put our hand in and drag her off.

The story you hear of pitbulls sinking their teeth in and even if hit on the head and killed their teeth remaining sunk in is absolute rubbish. These dogs fight like this because of their breeding and the jaw locking is just because of that dog breds "determination"

Ive seen these dogs, but i actually hadthe fortune to be in the company of one 2 months ago in the US, and th rep they have is unfortunathe was such a sweet animal, loved to play with socks, play fetch and was great with children, and other dogs.

• Advertisement

yeah, after all, they were bred to help fishermen and retrieve shot ducks etc so everyone that has one of these dog's will have to take up fishing or shooting or get rid of the dog :rolleyes:
    im just asking, are you into horses

Advertisement