Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My bizarre revelation: I want an agonizing death!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Morlar wrote: »
    I remember reading once about someone who was in a car accident - their car went through a barrier and off a cliff and they were mangled in the wreckage in a forest for about a week.

They had a cassette single of george michael 'careless whisper' in the cars tape player (this was in the 80's).

It was set to auto-flip sides so that when one side of the cassette completed it started playing the otherside. Same song both sides. Thats about a week of 'careless whisper' on the car radio with broken legs and mangled to bits so I would be careful what you wish for.

Jesus! Did he ever dance again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Kernel wrote: »
    I suspect many of you extolling the novelty of dying in pain have little experience of pain. Or death.

Or perhaps it's a new nihilistic outlook, in which case it's more interesting than simple immaturity! :cool:
    You'd be surprised. I've been to my fair share of funerals, I can assure you. Including immediate family.
    Regarding pain, I'm in the happy situation of never experiencing chronic pain (i.e. pain that wouldn't abate). The closest I've ever come to that is the fairly vicipous migraines I used to get when I was a teenager, and they were fairly puny in hindsight.

It isn't really nihilism that drives this perverse desire of mine, rather curiosity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I really don't see myself in flames getting shot with arrows and going "so this is what it's like eh? It's not too bad, a nice pint would make it kinda tolerable ya know. Oh, pass the remote Jenny. Cheers."!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Frankly, **** pain, I want to go out in pleasure. I want to be knobbing a pretty girl with a bacon double cheeseburger in one hand and an extra large dairy milk in the other, listening to "gimme shelter" by the rolling stones.

Then, when I'm almost finished, I'll get her to shoot an extra large dose of morphine into my neck.

Sweeet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

If I were to die it would most definately involve something to do with me saving all life in the universe, I'm just that nice of a guy. But then it would turn out that I didn't die and I'd return 30 years later is some spin-off called Real-Life X that gets cancelled 5 episodes in.

I can't die though as I can't comprehend it. And if I can't comprehend something, it doesn't exist.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Tusky wrote: »
    we would all dress in white, head to toe
    Like the KKK? I find that offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Fremen wrote: »
    Frankly, **** pain, I want to go out in pleasure. I want to be knobbing a pretty girl with a bacon double cheeseburger in one hand and an extra large dairy milk in the other, listening to "gimme shelter" by the rolling stones.

Then, when I'm almost finished, I'll get her to shoot an extra large dose of morphine into my neck.

Sweeet.

Now you're talking Fremen. Far better way to go altogether! Massive heart attack right after you've just shot your load in some sexy girl for the 5th time that day.

Fcuk this pain business. Seems to be a few masochists knocking around here! Curious about immolation?!! Bloody hell, I'd say a few seconds of being on fire would change the feeling from curiosity to something a whole lot less fun.

I'd like to be aware of my death, but not in pain. The pretty girl and the bacon double cheeseburger sounds good to me.

Some of you should be careful what you wish for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

sweetie wrote: »
    Controversial. Anyone who has had a close relation die from cancer etc won't be too impressed, each to their own though.:confused:

I was thinking the same thing actually, and I'm not offended easily.

The OP sounds very young and immature in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Laslo wrote: »
    Jesus! Did he ever dance again?

He did - but he had no rhytm.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Wacker wrote: »
    Wierd stuff comes to mind every now and then. Here's the latest: I want to die in serious hardcore pain. Everyone always goes on about how they want to die in their sleep and whatnot, but isn;t that kind of lame? I mean, if dying is the last thing you're going to do, wouldn't you at least want to be aware that it's happening?
    Seriously, how cool would it be to et to say to yourself "so, this is what it feels like to be on fire, or eaten by a shark, or cut in half". Slipping out peacefully is for the unadventurous.

One thing though: I'd like to condition all the above by saying that dying painfully is cool once it doesn't take too long. A slow, painful death wouldn't be fun at all.

From that I get the very distinct impression that you probably bawl crying when you cut your finger on a piece of paper and start sobbing after you get hit with the first punch in a fight. Tell me I'm wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

this is what it feels like to be on fire, or eaten by a shark, or cut in half".

i've always said i'd die happy if i was eaten by a shark.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I think dying in quick sand, would be quite adventurous... why dont you try that..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

This question has some philosophical elements to do. I think it doesn't matter if you die in agony or not, the pain is irrelevant. If your a firm believer in an afterlife the pain you went through would be forgotton such is the fantasticness of the afterlife. You might not even be able to reimagine the agony.

If your an atheist then pain is still not an issue as on your moment of death after the agony you cease to exist. If you don't exist then what is pain? Nothing since you are nothing. You won't remember it because you are erased. In fact the whole notion of remembrance is useless to one who is now blank. So who cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

You'd be surprised. I've been to my fair share of funerals, I can assure you. Including immediate family.

What I'm suggesting is maybe if you watched someone actually die in pain, that would change your opinion on experiencing that yourself. As regards some of the deaths here, the body would go into shock and numbness (thankfully), so there would be little to gain from the experience....

As regards to the philosophical arguments regarding belief of afterlife, I think it's more the philosophical reasoning of experience/reality itself. Does pain that has happened in the past really matter or exist? Pain is transient, once it has alleviated, it ceases to exist in a way. The only moment that is real to us, is the present moment we are experiencing. I would rather not have that last present moment spent in pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

all sounds a bit too emo for my liking.

ohh, i cut myself to make sure i can still feel.....

fcuk off! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Fremen wrote: »

Sweeet.

That is the way man. Kill me tomorrow if I can go out that way... morphine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Or maybe being attacked by an endless stream of demonic 5 year olds, each gradually sapping my strength as I kill them. Knowing there's no end, that my strength will give out and I'll be overwhelmed eventually, but driven right to the end of endurance before I let go to the sweet rest of death. Awesome.

I only read this thread out of morbid curiosity, but posted to say that is the funniest thing I have ever read! Genius!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭WildIrishRose

sweetie wrote: »
    Controversial. Anyone who has had a close relation die from cancer etc won't be too impressed, each to their own though.:confused:

i totally agree with this!

Creature wrote: »
    You know what, I feel exactly the same way Wacker. I've often thought what it would be like to be immolated. I mean the pain would be extraordinary and it wouldn't be too long a death provided the fire was hot enough. I'd leave the coolest corpse ever, none of that open-casket **** for me. Also it's well known that people burned to death in fire come back as stronger ghosts/zombies/undead abominations than those who die of a regular death. Fire ftw.

:eek: have you ever seen that final destinatino film, i cant remember which number, the one based around the rollercoaster?

anyway,
    two chicks go into sunbeds, which end up catching fire, and the top of the beds end up shut locked, but that looked like an absolutely agonizingily painful and long death.

give me the shark option any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Terry wrote: »

I had the same thought, but two pages too late. The laugh was lessened because of the disappointment of finding out I wasnt original.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

narco wrote: »
    :eek: have you ever seen that final destinatino film, i cant remember which number, the one based around the rollercoaster?

anyway,
    two chicks go into sunbeds, which end up catching fire, and the top of the beds end up shut locked, but that looked like an absolutely agonizingily painful and long death.

give me the shark option any day.

Well thats the thing, you'd want a fairly hot/powerful flame that would kill you in seconds rather than a weak fire tht would leave you flailing around in pain only to die later in hospital.

Although I do like your shark idea, if any animal was to kill me I'd want it to be a shark. Or maybe a lion.

it's my lifelong dream to swim with sharks, so i suppose that if i was to be killed in a painful way, that the shark thing is the best option.

id still rather drown though.

Advertisement