Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

X3 vs Touareg

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Mine has 70k miles on it. I am a little concerned about stories of turbos blowing early on these things from 60k miles or suspension going. When I bought it I did not expect to rack up mileage this quick.
    Something else I was thinking about was the new volvo estates; V70 or XC 70. What do people think about these, any experiences? What would they be like for resale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭mountain

hi,

I was driving a volvo V50 for a few years, then switched in oct to a new freelander 2, didnt fancy the X3 and the tourag was more expensive.
    Plenty of room, looks great, drives very well, and after 15000km, its been very reliable. Also the models are well specced up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

mountain wrote: »
    looks great

I know looks are subjective, but .... COME ON! X3 looks great?!?!?! Even the new Tata looks better than that yoke! :-)

As for the OPs question: unless you're looking for an excuse to join the delightful group that are urban SUV drivers, you won't need anything like that if space and safety (due to growing family) are your concerns. A Volvo V70 would be your best choice! or as others said you may consider a touring BMW or Mercedes if you can afford it, and another brilliant choice would be a Estate Saab 9-5. V70's load spaces (to glass line = 575 liters, to roof = 815 liters) is far better than X3's 480 liters... Even diminutive V50 has 417 liters which considering the size of the car is not bad compared to the monstrosity that is X3 :)

(all volumes are standard, with seats up, up to glass line by the way).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Audi Q7 anyone?

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I have a Q7 too but I prefer the X5, loads of room in the Audi though. As regards the Volvo XC90, has anyone driven one? They're horrible things and as far as I'm concerned the engine might as well be out of a Massey Ferguson with performance to match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

junkyard wrote: »
    I have a Q7 too but I prefer the X5, loads of room in the Audi though. As regards the Volvo XC90, has anyone driven one? They're horrible things and as far as I'm concerned the engine might as well be out of a Massey Ferguson with performance to match.

I drove one, petrol-automatic, a real Chealsea Tractor, but I found it nice. Given it was on urban roads, but I wouldn't have been critical of the ride at all.

I have not been in a Q7, but by-god it is so ugly I wouldn't even entertain one, (even if I could afford one!).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

fletch wrote: »

That one really sticks to the road (2nd photo) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

junkyard wrote: »
    The fact that the Q7 has 7 seats makes it quite an attractive proposition to me. I actually quite like how it looks as well.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭mountain

MuffinsDa wrote: »
    I know looks are subjective, but .... COME ON! X3 looks great?!?!?! Even the new Tata looks better than that yoke! :-)

you are right muffin, looks are subjective, and i agree about the X3,
    however i was talking about the freelander 2, that i mentioned in the line above that one,

maybe i will make it easier,
    the freelander 2 looks great,
    hows that? :-)

mountain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 phil_w

I hate flash 4x4's. If you need a 4x4 because your a farmer or something well get a LR Defender or similar. If you want a flash car, fine, buy a flash car but a 4x4?? i just dont get it.

I agree with the majority of people suggesting an tourer/estate. I Drive a 01 V70 2.4 T5. I just got it a couple of month ago and i love it. Its big enough boot wise to be a removal van and as for performance well it would give a lot of hot hatches a run for their money.

One of the Germans i.e. Audi or BMW would be really nice too but so much more expensive that for me at least it doesnt really add up.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

OMG!! Zombie thread!! KILL KILL

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement