Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

Captain Cullen in the 6:25 I heard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭bassy

Way down south ew in the 7.30 curragh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭zimmermania

There is a hot fav in the 3 55 at the Curragh,but I can report that So Beautiful is a machine,so get on.

There is a hot fav in the 3 55 at the Curragh,but I can report that So Beautiful is a machine,so get on.

Price is gone this morning,So Beautiful now the hot fav-glad I was on last night.Still worth backing at 6/4 as connections will not hear of defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Most Beautiful....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

SO it is most beautiful

Stable are happy with ground for Legatissimo (wants it firm) and think it will win I backed it and had an ew saver on Diamondsandrubies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Cheers Zimmer! Another winner!

Stable are happy with ground for Legatissimo (wants it firm) and think it will win I backed it and had an ew saver on Diamondsandrubies.

Not Ryan Moore's finest hour gave too much ground away to one that he knew stayed well from her Epsom run.
    I made a decent profit on the race but it is still a bit annoying that he could get short of room on a horse with a good turn of foot in a race that unfolded in a way that was easy to predict and that only had a handful of runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Not Ryan Moore's finest hour gave too much ground away to one that he knew stayed well from her Epsom run.
    I made a decent profit on the race but it is still a bit annoying that he could get short of room on a horse with a good turn of foot in a race that unfolded in a way that was easy to predict and that only had a handful of runners.

Thought Chris Hayes kept him tight on home turn, wouldn't let him get to outside as he wanted. Lost ground having to go inside but still thought he would get up. Two fairly unlucky losses for horse in Oaks and today, unfortunately cost me both days, but will surely do better.

• Advertisement

Have been told the owners put a fair whack on bold henmie in the 4.30 in wolverhampton. Available for 8's on stan james. Most others have now cut to 5's or 6's

Runs again tomorrow over same c and d,his last run was not as bad as it first seemed.Got his head in front 2 out,was in close 4th a furlong out and could not quicken and was eased right down.

At first I thought he did not stay but now am not so sure (best form was over a mile and would be more than enough to win this) any word for tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Had a word for Mountain Rescue ...Wolves..16:45, currently around 2.5

Runs again tomorrow over same c and d,his last run was not as bad as it first seemed.Got his head in front 2 out,was in close 4th a furlong out and could not quicken and was eased right down.

At first I thought he did not stay but now am not so sure (best form was over a mile and would be more than enough to win this) any word for tomorrow?
    I was not having a bet today (did not really fancy anything enough) so I had 3 2.50 ew doubles and a 2.50 ew treble for a cheap interest and because I was keen to see how Bold Henmie would run.

My 3 were Bold Henmie 2nd 18/1,Shirocco Passion 2nd 8/1 and the one that will provide a nice little touch if he gets placed is Rasaman 8 45 Muss,quoted between 8s---10s in an 8 horse race.heres hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

I was not having a bet today (did not really fancy anything enough) so I had 3 2.50 ew doubles and a 2.50 ew treble for a cheap interest and because I was keen to see how Bold Henmie would run.

My 3 were Bold Henmie 2nd 18/1,Shirocco Passion 2nd 8/1 and the one that will provide a nice little touch if he gets placed is Rasaman 8 45 Muss,quoted between 8s---10s in an 8 horse race.heres hoping.

When you only want a place, you are tipping winners.

Well done

abarkie wrote: »
    When you only want a place, you are tipping winners.

Well done

Happy my small 2.50 ew Trixie pay €224.90.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Been given 2 for tonight at Gowran

Danse Rouge 8.20

Jolyne 8.50

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Got a tip from a better than ok source for Rior Newtown Abbot 5.30

I have received info for two horses in the bumper at Wexford 8 50 tonight.
    Hows Patsy is doing his best and is well fancied, The Ryanline is also expected to run well and is well bred but having his first run tonight.

There has been money for both horses and I decided to break one of my rules and back one that has not run before.
    Kelly knows the time of day and can get one ready first time out so I backed The Ryanline ew at 6s.
    Hows Patsy ran ok last time and the trainers horses always run well but he has a poor bumper record so I will wait for another time with this one.

I have received info for two horses in the bumper at Wexford 8 50 tonight.
    Hows Patsy is doing his best and is well fancied, The Ryanline is also expected to run well and is well bred but having his first run tonight.

There has been money for both horses and I decided to break one of my rules and back one that has not run before.
    Kelly knows the time of day and can get one ready first time out so I backed The Ryanline ew at 6s.
    Hows Patsy ran ok last time and the trainers horses always run well but he has a poor bumper record so I will wait for another time with this one.

Its rough when one gets serious word from two solid sources.
    I went with potential rather than credible evidence,but you make your choice and that's it no money lost though a winner missed.
    The one I backed will win races and should be watched and at least the info from 2 different sources was solid.

Rawnaq despite carrying top weight is still well enough handicapped in the 6 25 at Bellewstown this evening.

A most consistent horse,Rawnaq has won on the flat,over hurdles and over fences and has run very well in good Cheltenham handicaps in recent years.

Doing his best tonight,connections give him a good chance despite conceding lumps of weight to some promising types.
    He will most likely go off in front and try to make all on ground he loves.I have already backed it at 13/2 PP and they are paying 4 places.
    The price is now around 5/1 and I am hoping he will go out to 6s when I will back him again.
    This is a family horse,owned,trained and ridden by the same family.The 7 lb claiming jockey on board is far from the finished article and though he has ridden winners he lacks experience and I will be having a bit less on than I normally would but connections are confident the horse will run well and so am i.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Rawnaq despite carrying top weight is still well enough handicapped in the 6 25 at Bellewstown this evening.

A most consistent horse,Rawnaq has won on the flat,over hurdles and over fences and has run very well in good Cheltenham handicaps in recent years.

Doing his best tonight,connections give him a good chance despite conceding lumps of weight to some promising types.
    He will most likely go off in front and try to make all on ground he loves.I have already backed it at 13/2 PP and they are paying 4 places.
    The price is now around 5/1 and I am hoping he will go out to 6s when I will back him again.
    This is a family horse,owned,trained and ridden by the same family.The 7 lb claiming jockey on board is far from the finished article and though he has ridden winners he lacks experience and I will be having a bit less on than I normally would but connections are confident the horse will run well and so am i.

Good shout, just caught last 50 yards, but certainly gave everything. Thought claimer gave him decent ride all things considered.

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    Good shout, just caught last 50 yards, but certainly gave everything. Thought claimer gave him decent ride all things considered.
    The claimer on the winner is the best 7 lb claimer in the country,what cost us the race was the slightly untidy jump at the last.
    I knew the story and the 7/1,backed it again ew at that price had all the risk factored in.Trainer handles his horses well and only has a small team,two running on the flat,one in a very rich handicap next week may be of interest and the pilot can only get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Hear the thunder in the last in limerick tomorrow. Word direct from yard is that horse is in great form since last run when ground did not suit. Currently 5/2 and Patrick Mullins rides, keep an eye on weather tomorrow as rain won't suit, however horse is going to be giving all regardless I am told.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Hear the thunder in the last in limerick tomorrow. Word direct from yard is that horse is in great form since last run when ground did not suit. Currently 5/2 and Patrick Mullins rides, keep an eye on weather tomorrow as rain won't suit, however horse is going to be giving all regardless I am told.[/quote

Non runner

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I got an extremely strong tip for Hash Brown in the 4.15 in Limerick, usually a very good source and I've my big bet on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Dedoctorsdaughter 6.55 kilbeggan

From my usual good source

runs at 4.50, drifting though

13/2 looks pretty big

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

mailburner wrote: »

13/2 looks pretty big

Check it again.

It's the 4.15 and he's the favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Dedoctorsdaughter 6.55 kilbeggan

From my usual good source
    mailburner wrote: »

13/2 looks pretty big
    Check it again.

It's the 4.15 and he's the favourite

check what exactly?

dedoctorsdaughter (above) runs in the 4.50 and not the 4.15

check it again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

My bad, thought you were talking about Hash Brown tip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Eldoco wrote: »
    Hear the thunder in the last in limerick tomorrow. Word direct from yard is that horse is in great form since last run when ground did not suit. Currently 5/2 and Patrick Mullins rides, keep an eye on weather tomorrow as rain won't suit, however horse is going to be giving all regardless I am told.[/quote

Non runner

Rain and ground, but keep him in mind for next outing, primed to win

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement